There's something rotten at Home Park! | Page 8 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

There's something rotten at Home Park!

Aug 21, 2008
Plymouth
Broc's Pilgrimage":1dl56y9v said:
As everyone is saying, each Wk we're witnessing more signs of something being seriously wrong here ? Tactics yesterday were bizarre. Was shift key really told to play left wing ?

I was late yesterday to my normal schedule and as I was merging onto Outland rd at Manadon at 1340hrs I was surprised to look across at Greg W in his range rover heading to ground - he couldn't have arrived much before 2. Little things but it felt wierd (don't players and squad meet earlier or for lunch and build up on match day?)

Perhaps he couldn't find a parking space.

justanotherfan

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
David_Fisher":3a5q8nyl said:
Broc's Pilgrimage":3a5q8nyl said:
As everyone is saying, each Wk we're witnessing more signs of something being seriously wrong here ? Tactics yesterday were bizarre. Was shift key really told to play left wing ?

I was late yesterday to my normal schedule and as I was merging onto Outland rd at Manadon at 1340hrs I was surprised to look across at Greg W in his range rover heading to ground - he couldn't have arrived much before 2. Little things but it felt wierd (don't players and squad meet earlier or for lunch and build up on match day?)

Perhaps he couldn't find a parking space.

:funny: :funny: You aren`t taking this seriously enough . :twisted:

Apr 30, 2017
Neilz5419":h4qnlz51 said:
Heard on the grape vine that blissett actually told Adams that’s he didn’t want to play today, can’t say the source obviously but clearly something isn’t right
Heard the exact same, from a lad behind me who claims to be ITK. My thinking is, why did AF play when DA said he wasn't ready for L1. I think he decided mid-week that he would make the 4-4-2 Diamond of Doncaster, with Ciftci paired with Bliss but this wasn't the case. He instead put Fletcher in and changed more to 4-2-1-3 with Sarcevic at no. 10 and RL on the wing. Worrying to say the least...

May 1, 2011
chunkymonkey78":3ri3drsw said:
PL2 3DQ":3ri3drsw said:
There was a player revolt at Ross County where players complained of shouting matches, strained relationships and pumping the ball upfront and not letting the players play football (although that could be argued it's up to the manager how to play)...

Treated like servants

It was odd over the summer when Adams' agent had to refute the interest from Aberdeen, we had never heard anything from his agent in the press before that.
Adams was quiet all summer, never once speaking to the media about the new signings he made as he did the previous summer, the first time he spoke to the media was the day before pre-season training.

The agent (or indeed Adams) didn't actually say Adams didn't want the job, just that it would be unprofessional to say he wanted the job ....
"It's something that is inaccurate. To say I'm annoyed doesn't really fully encapsulate how I'm feeling about this.

"With the connections that Derek has to Aberdeen, with the connections that he has to Scottish football and indeed with the continued success he has had at Plymouth, then quite clearly he could be a target for Aberdeen. I'm not suggesting that isn't the case.

"But in terms of Derek putting himself out there, and in terms of Derek Adams' agent putting his name out there, to say that we want the Aberdeen job would be unprofessional from us.

"I don't like the fact that Derek has been caught up in this. I want to give the Plymouth Argyle fans the assurance that this is not the work of either Derek or myself.

"It's just a journalist taking a flier in Scotland."

That article was one that was also linked when it was announced we'd appointed DA and nobody knew who he was.

Odd that it was then conveniently ignored until we hit the first real signs of trouble in his spell here.

It's not odd ar all is it? It's blindingly obvious that when the team hits a shocking spell questions are asked of the manager and people want to see if this is a one off or a pattern of behaviour. How is that hard to understand?

Aug 21, 2008
Plymouth
Jose446":192y6ymg said:
arrythewurzel":192y6ymg said:
I think the issues are all well known by fans as Saltash is a small town and word gets round. Its the worst kept secret in Plymouth but I don't see how that could affect the squad. I don't buy this as the root of the
rot personally ?
Indeed they are, it may not be the root - but the fact that it has lead to altercations withing certain nightlife venues can't have helped

I'm amazed that the local press hasn't picked up on this.

As mentioned above it is common knowledge in the local non-league football scene.

Mar 18, 2014
Maybe it's Carey's pay packet and total lack of form this season, more than any off field allegations. This season so far totally reminds me of when Peter Swan signed and was placed on a pedestal, instantly creating cliques within the squad. That season was totally dismal, as this one seems like it will be

Jan 27, 2012
PL2 3DQ":3155f3ud said:
There was a player revolt at Ross County where players complained of shouting matches, strained relationships and pumping the ball upfront and not letting the players play football (although that could be argued it's up to the manager how to play)...

Treated like servants

Very interesting article.

If the content is true, it does raise a few questions.

I still think that if you pay peanuts you get monkeys and the playing budget just isn't strong enough for League One.

Sep 28, 2003
London
Vampires11":24dmhy4i said:
Maybe it's Carey's pay packet and total lack of form this season, more than any off field allegations. This season so far totally reminds me of when Peter Swan signed and was placed on a pedestal, instantly creating cliques within the squad. That season was totally dismal, as this one seems like it will be

It'd be interesting to know whether it was the pay packet, or his extracurricular interests that kept Carey in Plymouth. :whistle:

Aug 21, 2008
Plymouth
Andy Holland":1j9w7284 said:
Vampires11":1j9w7284 said:

It'd be interesting to know whether it was the pay packet, or his extracurricular interests that kept Carey in Plymouth. :whistle:

Perhaps the BBC guy should ask Adams about it next time he interviews him as they seem to have such a good relationship?

Nov 18, 2011
I've sure there's been "Scottish Mourinho" chants aimed at Adams in the past, maybe he's following the Mourinho model a bit too literally?

1st Season: Get ideas in place, starts signing the players he wants, generally produces a decent season.
2nd Season: Everything kicks into gear, has the team he wants, players all loyal, well drilled and working at 100%. The football may not always be pretty but it's effective.
3rd Season: The wheels fall off, players fall out with boss, new signings antagonize the existing players, in Mourinho's case he leaves.

Aug 24, 2014
Plymouth
gaspargomez":g8edi6gc said:
PL2 3DQ":g8edi6gc said:

Treated like servants

Very interesting article.

If the content is true, it does raise a few questions.

I still think that if you pay peanuts you get monkeys and the playing budget just isn't strong enough for League One.

Okay, so what is the budget? And what is the budget of those around us? Since you've mentioned this over and over and over. What are the numbers?