There's something rotten at Home Park! | Page 6 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

There's something rotten at Home Park!

Dec 3, 2005
People on here saying the players are not playing for DA - maybe or maybe not.

But the players are professionals and they should be playing for the Club and the Supporters!!!!

Jul 12, 2011
Mountwise Plymouth
The team aren't playing for each other and their manager from what we are seeing.

Is there something that has happened that has caused all this? The first few games we looked capable of a mid table finish but since then all we look like is a relegation team.

Feb 17, 2017
Knarf Reprah":12rjaguu said:
We all know the problem with Carey.....the wheelsxare coming off Argo.......Exeter champions, Argo bottom, now act as a chairman mr Brent
Still none the wiser with Carey’s issues

May 1, 2011
Greenskin":s3o4kwe1 said:
chunkymonkey78":s3o4kwe1 said:
PL2 3DQ":s3o4kwe1 said:
There was a player revolt at Ross County where players complained of shouting matches, strained relationships and pumping the ball upfront and not letting the players play football (although that could be argued it's up to the manager how to play)...

Treated like servants

It was odd over the summer when Adams' agent had to refute the interest from Aberdeen, we had never heard anything from his agent in the press before that.
Adams was quiet all summer, never once speaking to the media about the new signings he made as he did the previous summer, the first time he spoke to the media was the day before pre-season training.

The agent (or indeed Adams) didn't actually say Adams didn't want the job, just that it would be unprofessional to say he wanted the job ....
"It's something that is inaccurate. To say I'm annoyed doesn't really fully encapsulate how I'm feeling about this.

"With the connections that Derek has to Aberdeen, with the connections that he has to Scottish football and indeed with the continued success he has had at Plymouth, then quite clearly he could be a target for Aberdeen. I'm not suggesting that isn't the case.

"But in terms of Derek putting himself out there, and in terms of Derek Adams' agent putting his name out there, to say that we want the Aberdeen job would be unprofessional from us.

"I don't like the fact that Derek has been caught up in this. I want to give the Plymouth Argyle fans the assurance that this is not the work of either Derek or myself.

"It's just a journalist taking a flier in Scotland."

That article was one that was also linked when it was announced we'd appointed DA and nobody knew who he was.

Odd that it was then conveniently ignored until we hit the first real signs of trouble in his spell here.

Indeed. Arch Brent defender in slag the manager shock.

Shock horror Bent out campaigner has no real clue who else would run the club.

May 1, 2011
GreenArmy1984":1pmq5kmp said:
Watched The Charlton Home Game 2-0 Win we looked really good but the Scunthorpe game 4-0 Defeat we fell to pieces

Haven't been since due to work commitments

See you all in the new year !

Work commitments is fair enough but then you can't really comment on the performances of the team or the management.

Feb 28, 2016
Lgm":2dv4mixy said:
The players are showing to the board what they think of Adams and doing their best to get him sacked. Who are Argyle going to get in ? I don't know but please don't let it be Wotton.

Lennie Lawrence, Stan Ternent, John Gregory David Byrne or Colin Lee?

Feb 17, 2017
Heard on the grape vine that blissett actually told Adams that’s he didn’t want to play today, can’t say the source obviously but clearly something isn’t right

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Greenskin":a3prf6pe said:
PL2 3DQ":a3prf6pe said:
Greenskin":a3prf6pe said:
chunkymonkey78":a3prf6pe said:
PL2 3DQ":a3prf6pe said:
There was a player revolt at Ross County where players complained of shouting matches, strained relationships and pumping the ball upfront and not letting the players play football (although that could be argued it's up to the manager how to play)...

Treated like servants

It was odd over the summer when Adams' agent had to refute the interest from Aberdeen, we had never heard anything from his agent in the press before that.
Adams was quiet all summer, never once speaking to the media about the new signings he made as he did the previous summer, the first time he spoke to the media was the day before pre-season training.

The agent (or indeed Adams) didn't actually say Adams didn't want the job, just that it would be unprofessional to say he wanted the job ....
"It's something that is inaccurate. To say I'm annoyed doesn't really fully encapsulate how I'm feeling about this.

"With the connections that Derek has to Aberdeen, with the connections that he has to Scottish football and indeed with the continued success he has had at Plymouth, then quite clearly he could be a target for Aberdeen. I'm not suggesting that isn't the case.

"But in terms of Derek putting himself out there, and in terms of Derek Adams' agent putting his name out there, to say that we want the Aberdeen job would be unprofessional from us.

"I don't like the fact that Derek has been caught up in this. I want to give the Plymouth Argyle fans the assurance that this is not the work of either Derek or myself.

"It's just a journalist taking a flier in Scotland."

That article was one that was also linked when it was announced we'd appointed DA and nobody knew who he was.

Odd that it was then conveniently ignored until we hit the first real signs of trouble in his spell here.

Indeed. Arch Brent defender in slag the manager shock.

Pathetic!

Glad you've had a moment of self actualisation at last.

I know you've had a "Brent out" signature for a few years now and he's still here :) but today's defeat and bad performance was down to poor and negative tactics from Adams and half-arsed effort from the players and not because of James Brent.
You will notice many Pasoti posters are also criticising Adams.

The link I posted was about how players at Ross County fell out with Adams and could be the same reason why some Argyle players are not performing.

Aug 13, 2006
Cornwall
Bristol Rich":2ppew2z5 said:
The Duke":2ppew2z5 said:
PlymOdi":2ppew2z5 said:
gaspargomez":2ppew2z5 said:
I suspect the playing budget isn't good enough. Argyle mostly consist of League Two players from last year supplemented by some League Two standard squad players. Adams can try his best, but you can't put a silk hat on a pig or whatever the saying is !! Questions need to be asked about the budget they really do.

I suspect given we know it was increased, and there is budget left. That he just spent what he did have stupidly.

Adams has said himself that we can’t compete with other clubs wages wise. The board are at fault here.

Yes so it must be 100% true. Please stop any questions about Adam's performance as the manager.

Absolutely true

Aug 8, 2013
Worcester
Adams is underachieving on his budget.

Brent is underachieving the club.

Adams is focused on getting the club into a better position and improving results.

Brent is focused on building on land stripped from the club, to build an ice rink, restaurants and gym with no direct benefit for the club.

You can make a campaign against Adams all you like to detract from our owner's failings and limitations. Adams ain't perfect, nor is your saviour.

Aug 13, 2006
Cornwall
PlymOdi":2lpo2137 said:
The Duke":2lpo2137 said:
PlymOdi":2lpo2137 said:
gaspargomez":2lpo2137 said:
I suspect the playing budget isn't good enough. Argyle mostly consist of League Two players from last year supplemented by some League Two standard squad players. Adams can try his best, but you can't put a silk hat on a pig or whatever the saying is !! Questions need to be asked about the budget they really do.

I suspect given we know it was increased, and there is budget left. That he just spent what he did have stupidly.

Adams has said himself that we can’t compete with other clubs wages wise. The board are at fault here.

I wonder if he might have another motive for saying his budget is the lowest after bringing in some poor signings and still having budget left?

No, you're right. We should just believe what he says unconditionally and assume it's Brent again. At least Adams isn't known for excuses, right?

Let’s just focus on the ice rink and office block shall we