There's something rotten at Home Park! | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

There's something rotten at Home Park!

Frank Butcher

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Oct 9, 2003
Gairloch
Getting enough attention yet Ade ?

Oct 18, 2010
St Judes
Nobody needs sacking. It was only 4months ago Adams promoted us so how an we think about sacking the same man that is ridiculous?

Feb 18, 2016
Lack of quality is disappointing but forgivable, lack of confidence is sort of understandable, lack of effort is worrying. Has Adams lost the dressing room?

Frank Butcher

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Oct 9, 2003
Gairloch
Ade the green":32hd6krn said:
Frank_Butcher":32hd6krn said:
Getting enough attention yet Ade ?

I wasn't but I am now I have your attention!

I'll indulge you this once, but your melodramatic over-posting is hard to avoid and very tiresome. Maybe it's just me though ...

May 1, 2011
The Duke":2g5mk4pv said:
PlymOdi":2g5mk4pv said:
gaspargomez":2g5mk4pv said:
I suspect the playing budget isn't good enough. Argyle mostly consist of League Two players from last year supplemented by some League Two standard squad players. Adams can try his best, but you can't put a silk hat on a pig or whatever the saying is !! Questions need to be asked about the budget they really do.

I suspect given we know it was increased, and there is budget left. That he just spent what he did have stupidly.

Adams has said himself that we can’t compete with other clubs wages wise. The board are at fault here.

Yes so it must be 100% true. Please stop any questions about Adam's performance as the manager.

May 1, 2011
Alcove_Green":jzacrjal said:
I am sometimes embarrassed to be green. Someone said Surely Adams has to go! What the f*** are you on about.. call yourselves fans

I was highly embarrassed today to watch a team that served up that nonsense, were you even there?

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
Adams has used pretty much every interview and fan meeting to complain about his budget and building this team from scraps.

What message does that send to the team? They're his second choice players, being paid less than their opponents, for a manager who would rather have 11 much better players on the pitch if only he'd not been outbid.

The players aren't oblivious, his attempts to get his excuses in early may be backfiring. On recent evidence this team clearly isn't playing for him; there's no desire on show, four sendings off in four home games shows a complete lack of discipline and respect for this club. These haven't been bad or mis-timed tackles either; Sarcevic headbutting, a revenge tackle from Carey, a punch from Bradley, throw in Blissett being sent off in a reserve game for violent conduct. That's not bad luck!

Some serious questions need asking of Adams, this team has completely lost the plot and honestly it's not hard to see why, their manager has written them off before they've begun and to make it worse he's got his excuses sorted in advance. That's not leadership, that's covering your a*se and letting the team take the fall for you.

Cowardly performances overseen by a cowardly manager as far as I can see at present.

May 1, 2011
Ollieargyle9":2yoxa9l5 said:
Adams has used pretty much every interview and fan meeting to complain about his budget and building this team from scraps.

What message does that send to the team? They're his second choice players, being paid less than their opponents, for a manager who would rather have 11 much better players on the pitch if only he'd not been outbid.

The players aren't oblivious, his attempts to get his excuses in early may be backfiring. On recent evidence this team clearly isn't playing for him; there's no desire on show, four sendings off in four home games shows a complete lack of discipline and respect for this club. These haven't been bad or mis-timed tackles either; Sarcevic headbutting, a revenge tackle from Carey, a punch from Bradley, throw in Blissett being sent off in a reserve game for violent conduct. That's not bad luck!

Some serious questions need asking of Adams, this team has completely lost the plot and honestly it's not hard to see why, their manager has written them off before they've begun and to make it worse he's got his excuses sorted in advance. That's not leadership, that's covering your a*se and letting the team take the fall for you.

Cowardly performances overseen by a cowardly manager as far as I can see at present.

Pretty much spot on.

Mar 23, 2008
Bristol Rich":3978e5sa said:
Ollieargyle9":3978e5sa said:

Pretty much spot on.
Indeed, he's gone from getting the very best out of an average bunch and achieving promotion to struggling to get anything out of a supposedly better squad and looking relegation fodder.

Aug 17, 2011
London
meetoo":3609dsrt said:
When at the Torquay game pre season I noticed Wotton and Wylde having a verbal spat and gesticulations at each other which caused me some concerns. Well this was resurrected again today and was not pretty to watch....
Anyone know if there's any history going on?
Interesting point. I seem to recall a similar situation v Acc Stanley 2 seasons ago, Wylde was openly lambasting R Reid. It is also no secret that PW is a bit of a fire cracker, I also wonder if his robost personality isn't occasionally divisive.

Apr 9, 2011
Bristol Rich":199y9pwo said:
Ollieargyle9":199y9pwo said:

Pretty much spot on.
Agree entirely good points made

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
There was a player revolt at Ross County where players complained of shouting matches, strained relationships and pumping the ball upfront and not letting the players play football (although that could be argued it's up to the manager how to play)...

Treated like servants

It was odd over the summer when Adams' agent had to refute the interest from Aberdeen, we had never heard anything from his agent in the press before that.
Adams was quiet all summer, never once speaking to the media about the new signings he made as he did the previous summer, the first time he spoke to the media was the day before pre-season training.

The agent (or indeed Adams) didn't actually say Adams didn't want the job, just that it would be unprofessional to say he wanted the job ....
"It's something that is inaccurate. To say I'm annoyed doesn't really fully encapsulate how I'm feeling about this.

"With the connections that Derek has to Aberdeen, with the connections that he has to Scottish football and indeed with the continued success he has had at Plymouth, then quite clearly he could be a target for Aberdeen. I'm not suggesting that isn't the case.

"But in terms of Derek putting himself out there, and in terms of Derek Adams' agent putting his name out there, to say that we want the Aberdeen job would be unprofessional from us.

"I don't like the fact that Derek has been caught up in this. I want to give the Plymouth Argyle fans the assurance that this is not the work of either Derek or myself.

"It's just a journalist taking a flier in Scotland."

May 22, 2006
Ollieargyle9":2dvcw1z6 said:

Quality.

But I think there's a far less complex problem - the players simply aren't good enough. Didn't we have threads on here at the end of last season describing how empty it felt to be going up? I do remember watching the home games with Blackpool and Accrington Stanley through the gaps between my fingers. Some of our performances (at home particularly) were painful to watch. Let's not pretend that something dramatic has taken place - what we're not seeing here is a group of all-conquering, swashbuckling heroes suddenly turning to mush. The writing's been on the wall since the fiasco at home to Orient.

The managers at the other promoted teams, knowing something of what awaited, made the necessary adjustments. Derek Adams, knowing far less, hasn't.