There's something rotten at Home Park! | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

There's something rotten at Home Park!

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
It's not the players.

Each and every game shows that. We're poor because the tactics we play and we're poor because the players choose to be for reasons untold.

Dec 16, 2004
No way would Tisdale come here. He's also not a cheap option. He earns more at City than Adams does here.

Oct 5, 2003
Devon
Our form is completely awful but I don't think there will be a quick fix. Some hard work on the training pitch to come I hope, with the emphasis on finding a way of carrying a goal threat. Without one we will struggle all season. The discipline could be down to players over-compensating.

Sep 28, 2003
London
gaspargomez":3vyjzkts said:
I suspect the playing budget isn't good enough. Argyle mostly consist of League Two players from last year supplemented by some League Two standard squad players. Adams can try his best, but you can't put a silk hat on a pig or whatever the saying is !! Questions need to be asked about the budget they really do.

You say that, but yet again this year Adams has wasted wages on players he has no intention of playing. Do we really need such a big squad?

Aug 24, 2014
Plymouth
gaspargomez":13z51vok said:
I suspect the playing budget isn't good enough. Argyle mostly consist of League Two players from last year supplemented by some League Two standard squad players. Adams can try his best, but you can't put a silk hat on a pig or whatever the saying is !! Questions need to be asked about the budget they really do.

I suspect given we know it was increased, and there is budget left. That he just spent what he did have stupidly.

John Cooper

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
Brickfields Donor
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Feb 20, 2011
Peverell
There was no team spirit there.

Oct 24, 2013
Green_Matt":3awim4js said:
Our form is completely awful but I don't think there will be a quick fix. Some hard work on the training pitch to come I hope, with the emphasis on finding a way of carrying a goal threat. Without one we will struggle all season. The discipline could be down to players over-compensating.

I wish I could agree, but it is getting beyond that now.

C

CADMAN

gaspargomez":nn799buv said:
I 80% agree. But the other 20% shows a poor dressing room.

Aug 13, 2006
Cornwall
PlymOdi":1ih2ncc7 said:
gaspargomez":1ih2ncc7 said:

I suspect given we know it was increased, and there is budget left. That he just spent what he did have stupidly.

Adams has said himself that we can’t compete with other clubs wages wise. The board are at fault here.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
lyndhurst green":cluoo50j said:
Ade the green":cluoo50j said:
pafcidg":cluoo50j said:
My money is on tisdale a cheap option again, surely Adams got to go now

Don't be so bloody stupid.

Wow, rude to two people on two threads with the same reply. No need.

Stop being so melodramatic ffs

Oct 5, 2003
Devon
lyndhurst green":ylbkj7j1 said:
Green_Matt":ylbkj7j1 said:

I wish I could agree, but it is getting beyond that now.
I should acknowledge the fact that I have only been to the Charlton game this season. Having said that I accept that it must have been atypical, and we rode our luck at times. I fully accept that my view would probably be different if i'd shelled out for a ticket and been subjected to noise torture by the PA all afternoon, with a 3-0 defeat thrown in for good measure.