This is not a Derby-we don't hate Argyle | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

This is not a Derby-we don't hate Argyle

Oct 31, 2015
Being ex Navy I have a soft spot for Pompey and when I was based up there I used to go and watch them. The fans were always good to me even when I wore my colours to the games. There was an era in the mid 80"s when it was a bit tetchy but that was more the hooligan fraternity more than the fans. I dont see this as a derby but I do see the Pompey v guz games as the biggest of the season in this crappy league

Aug 14, 2015
Geographically it's difficult for Plymouth, your real derby is 38 miles away, so grip on to navy connection, The that infamous game for us older ones became a bit of a grudge. In the 70's we regularly played Millwall-another Dockyard Derby which was always tasty
When i lived Bolton in the early 80's you could spit in any direction and hit a football club, but they didn't care about anyone but Man utd as a derby. What seems to be a fact, is that we both have passionate fans, its a fairly easy route to get to, so it can be noisy-long may it continue as we both go up the leagues, but not next season i fear