Truro City winding up order | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Truro City winding up order

Jan 31, 2005
Tavistock
Laughter My Ploy":3gt76h5z said:
How the man had any advocates for him taking on Argyle beggars belief

Some people just revel in taking a contrary point of view, even when there is overwhelming evidence to suggest that they're wrong.

I just hopes for Truro's sake that they don't end up with Gitfoyle.

Mike Greening

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Aug 2, 2008
Perhaps we can get Lee and Big Barry up to Home Park. It also raises many questions about the conduct of PandA. As another poster said a bleedy close shave. :scarf:

Jul 29, 2010
Old wounds will take a long time to heal Steve, I fear that's why. It doesn't help when some in the Trust, I don't count Graham BTW, have been giving the impression recently that the gospel according to them is the only gospel in town and those who followed a different path are demonised as followers of the anti-christ.

Attitutes will have to change before we unite again, it's sad but true.

A

Anonymous

I agree, Nightfly, Lee is a thoughtful and well qualified coach steeped in Luggy ways of shape and organisation that were the backbone of our elevation up the Football League ladder.

In the meantime, the future of Truro City F.C. with a highly leveraged owner with a highly leveraged asset as a football ground is really under threat. The apparent prospect of other land deals coming to the rescue within a reasonable and practical timescale remains uncertain and a last chance gamble and the situation may well undermine the future of the Stadium for Cornwall at Threemilestone. The worry is with few realizable assets and no prospect of player sales to raise income a football club at this level in administration faces real difficulties.

Given what we have gone through I hope the Trust and others will give all the support they can for the staff, players and supporters of Truro City F.C.

Jun 28, 2011
Plymouth
It just amazes me how people like Heaney can carry on holding directorships, whilst ruining the lives of decent working people.

Let's get behind Truro City.

S

Steve Strange

apologies to Pasoti mods but wasn't sure if this was relevant on this forum. Anyway it's reported in the London Gazette & on Radio Cornwall that the Tax authorities have applied for a winding up order against Truro City, case gets heard on 31st October. Seems our dear friend Kevin hasn't paid that bill either. To think he could have been seriously considered sound enough to take over Argyle

T

The Grumpy Loyal

X Isle":302w86go said:
Old wounds will take a long time to heal Steve, I fear that's why. It doesn't help when some in the Trust, I don't count Graham BTW, have been giving the impression recently that the gospel according to them is the only gospel in town and those who followed a different path are demonised as followers of the anti-christ.

Attitutes will have to change before we unite again, it's sad but true.

Yeah, cos you'd never try to preach that your gospel was 'the only one in town' eh?

Oh, one other thing. You may want to correct your tagline - people from Plymouth are Plymothians, not Plymouthians.

Sorry to have to put you straight on your supposed home city.

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
I can predict Heaney's statement now.

Along lines of "the money is there, I've proved that. This is a mix-up and is not my fault". :roll: :lol:

It's another disgrace that Heaney is associated with.

Lesley Somerville

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 1, 2011
Plymouth
X Isle you are not helping whatever reconciliation you feel is needed by making inflammatory comments. I don't think there is anything like the level of discord you suggest. As for the champagne moment, it was borne out of a week of extreme cold, unremitting rain, fatigue, frustration and fear. Give us all a break

jespafc

✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 23, 2005
www.johnstanlake.com
Crazy but completely expected news. Hope Truro come through this.

On a side note - could Barry Hayles still do a job at our current level? He was a complete handful for all defences in his previous spell.

Jan 31, 2005
Tavistock
greenshoots":3gyjt6hw said:
As for the champagne moment, it was borne out of a week of extreme cold, unremitting rain, fatigue, frustration and fear. Give us all a break

It was a howler though. It took a threatened player strike to make people realise we were still in trouble after that.

Mike Greening

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Aug 2, 2008
jespafc":2jx2x0pd said:
Crazy but completely expected news. Hope Truro come through this.

On a side note - could Barry Hayles still do a job at our current level? He was a complete handful for all defences in his previous spell.

And we are closer to his home in London.