Truro City winding up order | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Truro City winding up order

May 22, 2006
Well Heaney kept insisting that the funds were in place, so presumably he's now got £6 million burning a hole in his pocket. How about using some of it to pay your own staff? Or maybe the tax man? No? Thought not.

Laughter My Ploy wrote:
How the man had any advocates for him taking on Argyle beggars belief

To be fair he only had one real advocate on here, who has since seen the light. We all got there eventually. His only other advocate was Guilfoyle, the real reasons for which will hopefully come out in the wash one day.

It's a real shame for Truro. The South West needs as many big teams and local rivalries as it can get. And of course having been through this sh!t I wouldn't wish this on anyone. But the Blue Square is much more strict than the FL on clubs going into admin, so an expulsion wouldn't surprise me if they haven't got themselves together by the end of the season. It'll be back to the Zamaretto for Truro. WIf we'd got relegated with Heaney at the helm, the same fate could well have awaited us. For months we were offered the choice between Heaney and liquidation - today's news adequately represents why some of us struggled to imagine the difference. Thank God the banks and the FL kept saying "no" to the shyster.

Apr 26, 2011
Saltash
Cheers X; I realise lots has gone on, in a sometimes devisive scenario. Perhaps I should have added "- but understandable". It was just a bit unexpected from that quarter.

I haven't always agreed with specific actions/announcements, but appreciate that people have different perspectives and we are all - mostly - aiming for the same result; as Graham says, at the moment it's SURVIVAL ! :scarf:

Hopefully a more settled period will follow soon, and we can get back to the usual meaningless disagreements! :whistle:

Fans ReUnited - SUPPORT FOOTBALL

Apr 21, 2005
Plympton
Surely he has the money available to pay the tax man, after all, it was in the bank, ready & waiting for him to buy us, wasn't it? There must be some mistake, I can't honestly believe that the Chairman of a successful football club would sacrifice it for the sake of a few £k, or is it a few £m, when he's got the funds available.

Nov 12, 2003
I don't normally believe in conspiracy theories, but...

Truro get wound up = No problem with Heaney buying Home Park.

Is this all part of his masterplan ?

Mike Greening

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Aug 2, 2008
Born_a_Janner":142cie03 said:
Surely he has the money available to pay the tax man, after all, it was in the bank, ready & waiting for him to buy us, wasn't it? There must be some mistake, I can't honestly believe that the Chairman of a successful football club would sacrifice it for the sake of a few £k, or is it a few £m, when he's got the funds available.

Who's taking the pi55? :lolno: :lolno: :lolno: :lolno: :lolno: :lolno: :lolno: :lolno: :lolno: :lolno: :lolno: :lolno: :lolno: :lolno: :lolno: :lolno:

A

Anonymous

If Brenda gets involved, I reckon he'll make Buttivant the PB.

'I've seen the money' Copyright David Hinchliffe

Mar 3, 2004
Cornwall
Andrew Owen":3a7m02uc said:
Well Heaney kept insisting that the funds were in place, so presumably he's now got £6 million burning a hole in his pocket. How about using some of it to pay your own staff? Or maybe the tax man? No? Thought not.

Laughter My Ploy wrote:
How the man had any advocates for him taking on Argyle beggars belief

To be fair he only had one real advocate on here, who has since seen the light. We all got there eventually. His only other advocate was Guilfoyle, the real reasons for which will hopefully come out in the wash one day.

It's a real shame for Truro. The South West needs as many big teams and local rivalries as it can get. And of course having been through this sh!t I wouldn't wish this on anyone. But the Blue Square is much more strict than the FL on clubs going into admin, so an expulsion wouldn't surprise me if they haven't got themselves together by the end of the season. It'll be back to the Zamaretto for Truro. WIf we'd got relegated with Heaney at the helm, the same fate could well have awaited us. For months we were offered the choice between Heaney and liquidation - today's news adequately represents why some of us struggled to imagine the difference. Thank God the banks and the FL kept saying "no" to the shyster.

Clubs at this level can easily disappear completely like Windsor & Eton did last season. The one thing going for Truro is the huge value of their ground.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
The last accounts for Truro City show that they were £1.7m in debt but £1.4m of that was a loan from Heaney, who somehow found that money around the time his Cornish Homes (UK) company went into voluntary liquidation with debts of £4.8m and 165 creditors.

P

Pilgrim_Scott

He doesn't have any money and never has had. I heard about him before he bought Truro years ago from a friend in the building trade. He did a deal with their company and owed them several thousand for months. The amount they were talking about should have been small fry to him, if he was as wealthy as he claims..

Jan 24, 2006
Shocking news.

I am with the others on here who question the part played by the Administrators - it has always been beyond my comprehension that it took soo long for them to see the light. There must be some way of investigating their competencies in this whle sorry affair.

I am sitting here, even more grateful for the work done by Chris Webb et al, and want to wish the players and all staff at Truro Best wishes.

Mar 10, 2011
Plymouth
Of course i feel sorry for the fans, but they need to get rid of that Prat and get a decent person in, one that dont lie about what he has, and what he blatenly hasnt got (I.E money)

Good luck to you Turo. hope you all give Heaney a :wave: goodbye

S

Steve Strange

PL2 3DQ":2oyf8ga2 said:
The last accounts for Truro City show that they were £1.7m in debt but £1.4m of that was a loan from Heaney, who somehow found that money around the time his Cornish Homes (UK) company went into voluntary liquidation with debts of £4.8m and 165 creditors.

You're not far wrong on the accounts, if you want to scare yourself do a credit check on TCFC, truly awful. Something else that should be noted in relation to the value of Treyew Road (Heaney controls the Freehold) is that he has raised mortgages against it. Genuinely feel sorry for the supporters of TCFC, Argyle have had a lucky escape, roll on Saturday.