Twente Game Off! | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Twente Game Off!

B

BenPAFC96

I don't understand how authorities have been contacted late about this. It's been planned for months!

Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth
From reading on Twitter, the 'fans' issue for Twente, seems to be their own fans causing trouble, not ours.

Surely we could just play them behind closed doors and work out a way to get some money back to those who are losing out.

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Argyle had the same issues with getting opposition last year hence ending up at Maastrich which was a long ol' poke from their hotel. I believe police opposition was the reason then.

Mar 14, 2009
I must be wrong here but....

Why cant Argyle refund peoples money back and say to both Dutch teams we need these pre-season games so we will play them behind closed doors?

It not an ideal solution but it at least means the games can go ahead.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
Or invite them over here to play behind open/ close doors. There is no difficulty in a small chartered plane landing at Newquay, bussing them to Plymouth, playing, bussing them back, flying home and it all could be done in a day. I hope there are no Brexit thoughts in the police coming to their decision.

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
More info:

The local Mayor had previously granted permission for the game, which was to have been played at the Dutch club's training-ground, but revoked it earlier on Friday following consultations with the local police.

This included a review of fans’ behaviour at our game against MVV Maastricht last year. The authorities also noted that some Argyle followers have, in the past, detonated smoke devices in stadiums, which has also been a problem in Dutch football.

More here:

PAFC

D

deanthegreenmachine

Quintrell_Green":2m1pkntc said:
Or invite them over here to play behind open/ close doors. There is no difficulty in a small chartered plane landing at Newquay, bussing them to Plymouth, playing, bussing them back, flying home and it all could be done in a day. I hope there are no Brexit thoughts in the police coming to their decision.

we would have to pay for that no doubt, like were paying for Brexit.. I'm sure the manager and board will come up with something, the german border is less than an hour away... we might even get some better opposition.. there`s always FC twente ladies.. good side by all accounts, 3 in the squad in the euros right now..

Aug 2, 2011
Keepitgreen":116azg48 said:
More info:

The local Mayor had previously granted permission for the game, which was to have been played at the Dutch club's training-ground, but revoked it earlier on Friday following consultations with the local police.

This included a review of fans’ behaviour at our game against MVV Maastricht last year. The authorities also noted that some Argyle followers have, in the past, detonated smoke devices in stadiums, which has also been a problem in Dutch football.

More here:

PAFC

A lesson to all those who think letting off flares is OK

Nov 26, 2011
Brother and I are travelling out from Bristol on Sunday afternoon..... looks as if the itinerary has changed somewhat. Anyone know much about Delden? (ie. what are the pubs like?)

Presumably most Argyle fans will be basing themselves there?

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
deanthegreenmachine":2bmvdk8n said:
Quintrell_Green":2bmvdk8n said:

we would have to pay for that no doubt, like were paying for Brexit.. I'm sure the manager and board will come up with something, the german border is less than an hour away... we might even get some better opposition.. there`s always FC twente ladies.. good side by all accounts, 3 in the squad in the euros right now..
The third tier in Germany kicks off this weekend with the second tier kicking off next weekend. It would be very unlikely we'd find a German side willing to play us.