Twist & Shout Song ! | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Twist & Shout Song !

Apr 6, 2009
Considering more than half the crowd dont join in! If someone writes an original song noone will know it so even less will. Grear idea!

Just get the atmosphere going

Aug 5, 2016
katkin":c5hdcf3f said:
Considering more than half the crowd dont join in! If someone writes an original song noone will know it so even less will. Grear idea!

Just get the atmosphere going

Look at the Will Grigg song - as long as something is catchy with a recognisable tune and simple words, it will spread.

The hard part is coming up with something original, and not keep stealing ideas from other fans seen on Soccer AM or YouTube.

Apr 6, 2009
but because the Devonport are the only people sing, people can't hear the words properly in the Lyndhurst/Grandstand so can't join in. Using an upbeat song that people know makes people join in. On Saturday against Hartlepool I actually saw people in the Lyndhurst actually joining in for once

Apr 30, 2015
Tivvygreen":bnib1php said:
I hope not.We want all our players to stay fit.

:funny:
:funny:

Funniest post I've read on here in ages.
Still chucklin' 10 minutes after reading it - nice one Tg!

B

Benji Bojan32

It was sung towards the end of last season, didn't really hit off, glad it's made a comeback though.

May 16, 2016
Not liking singing at matches makes me wonder if some people live in a cavern.

Bunch of merserys sometimes.

justanotherfan

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
Knibbsworth":vuyf3n8w said:
MarkMatthews":vuyf3n8w said:
argyledad":vuyf3n8w said:
Yes. It was born at Blackpool earlier this seaon, probably because we had a drummer who could lead and sustain it.
For us it was. Stolen off of Coventry I believe who have been doing it for at least2 years.

I soon as I heard it I thought of Motherwell - their fans have been doing it well for a while now.

up_the_line":vuyf3n8w said:
The usual Argyle 'rent-a-song' cant come up with one ourselves nonsense

I agree, we have great fans but something original is always just beyond us. Everyone gets excited when they hear a new one, but it's always pinched off another club who came up with it. Three a Little Birds was done by Ajax and Sunderland, Twist and Shout by Coventry and Motherwell, Come On You Bhoys in Green and Just Cant Get Enough from Celtic.

One good powerful anthem that we can call our own like Goodnight Irene or the Pompey Chimes is what we need. Something original and not done before, or stolen from a Facebook 'Away Days' video clips section.

If you wish to be pedantic, then this was "stolen" from us. :greensmile:

Apr 8, 2014
In fairness I can't remember the last time anyone on here put a suggestion up and didn't get ripped into for it so it's no wonder we have nothing original.

Apr 6, 2009
Argyle fans have to complain about something, right now its the songs as the position in the table is alright ;-)