Twist & Shout Song ! | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Twist & Shout Song !

P

Positively Green

katkin":lnyvlucy said:
Argyle fans have to complain about something, right now its the songs as the position in the table is alright ;-)

:thumbs:

"Top of the League and 'avin' a laff" doesn't seem to be some Argyle fans way unfortunately.

:scarf:

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
It was re-released in the early 80s and went to number 3 or similar. you're not that young!

Jan 9, 2006
One good powerful anthem that we can call our own like Goodnight Irene or the Pompey Chimes is what we need. Something original and not done before, or stolen from a Facebook 'Away Days' video clips section.

Molly Malone?

Jan 9, 2006
Great song From The Beatles even thou I am too young to remember

Originally by the Top Notes, the guy who wrote it didn't like there version and produced a version himself by the Isley Brothers who had the first hit with it, The Beatles basically karaoked the Isley's version.

T9i.

Sep 6, 2006
At the start of the game, twist and shout at HT, twist and shout when we score, twist and shout when they score, twist and shout when we score again, twist and shout at f.t. :facepalm:
I know the lads think they are supporting the team but I don't see how the same mindless repetition of the same words, all the way through the game, unrelated to what is going on the pitch or to Argyle themselves, actually helps the cause. Seriously lads how about a bit more variety?

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Balham_Green":27jbk8eu said:
At the start of the game, twist and shout at HT, twist and shout when we score, twist and shout when they score, twist and shout when we score again, twist and shout at f.t. :facepalm:
I know the lads think they are supporting the team but I don't see how the same mindless repetition of the same words, all the way through the game, unrelated to what is going on the pitch or to Argyle themselves, actually helps the cause. Seriously lads how about a bit more variety?

Speaking of repetition there is already a long thread about the chant so I've merged your thread. :)

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
It certainly seems to be the radio edit version :D

Well, shake it up, baby, now (Shake it up, baby)
Twist and shout (Twist and shout)
C'mon c'mon, c'mon, c'mon, baby, now (Come on baby)
Come on and work it on out (Work it on out)

Well, work it on out, honey (Work it on out)
You know you look so good (Look so good)
You know you got me goin', now (Got me goin')
Just like I knew you would (Like I knew you would)

C'mon, c'mon, c'mon, c'mon, baby, now (Come on baby)

You know you twist your little girl (Twist, little girl)
You know you twist so fine (Twist so fine)
Come on and twist a little closer, now (Twist a little closer)
And let me know that you're mine (Let me know you're mine)

C'mon, c'mon, c'mon, c'mon, baby, now (Come on baby)

You know you twist your little girl (Twist, little girl)
You know you twist so fine (Twist so fine)
Come on and twist a little closer, now (Twist a little closer)
And let me know that you're mine (Let me know you're mine)

Well, shake it, shake it, shake it, baby, now (Shake it up baby)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jOQIe245IA

Aug 29, 2014
PL2 3DQ":3rjn4e3x said:
Balham_Green":3rjn4e3x said:

There was plenty of variety in chants at stevenage yesterday but twist n shout is popular with the young crew of lads and good on them if it wasn't for that section yesterday afternoon our support would of been poor for 904, they sang non stop the whole game and before.
I understand that singing twist and shout on a Saturday afternoon ain't for everyone but don't criticise those who like to express their support that way.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Agree with that. We were all young once and Id be embarrassed to remember what we used to sing!!

Good on the lads and lasses for making a noise.

You could certainly hear it where I was.