Twist & Shout Song ! | Page 7 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Twist & Shout Song !

C

Cult Of Personality

Knarf Reprah":1vy8olh5 said:
IJN":1vy8olh5 said:
Do you shut your eyes when you sing then Frank?

If you watch the clips, especially the one at Sid James's Park, none of the manchildren are watching the match, they're just bouncing around like the overgrown loons they are

The clip of them singing was at the end of the game. What are they ment to be watching at the end of a match ?????

Nov 4, 2012
Knarf Reprah":3w3xkpk5 said:
IJN":3w3xkpk5 said:

If you watch the clips, especially the one at Sid James's Park, none of the manchildren are watching the match, they're just bouncing around like the overgrown loons they are

Those videos were taken after full time you mam. I can watch the game intently and sing all game, it's not difficult. People like you are making football stale. Just another one of the Lyndhurst moaners. I know who the players appreciate more.

Apr 1, 2009
Helston_Green":2qo3j3rs said:
Knarf Reprah":2qo3j3rs said:
IJN":2qo3j3rs said:

You really are a boring and miserable old man. I'm sure the players would much rather hear the upbeat same four lines for a prolonged period of time than the sound of tumbleweed sweeping through the stadium.

Also, just because somebody supports the team in a different way than yourself, it doesn't make them a manchild or an overgrown loon.

Personally I'd much rather watch a game surrounded with noise, displays or even pyrotechnics than silence but I'm sure I can second guess your opinion on the latter.

I tend to agree with this. I suspect that I am nearer in age to Mr Harper than to Fergy, but love most of the enthusiastic support from the younger element (and join in!). We need to encourage our younger fans and, provided the occasional OTT moment is avoided, let's allow them to do their thing.

So many of Mr Harper's posts seem to concentrate repetitively on the things he personally doesn't like (drums, singing, the Herald, Reuben Reid etc), rather than reflecting the wider interest of the fanbase. Perhaps Frank Carper (definition: to complain or find fault in a petty or disagreeable way) would have been a more appropriate name for our resident curmudgeon.

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
Cult Of Personality":2emj2h2t said:
Knarf Reprah":2emj2h2t said:
IJN":2emj2h2t said:

The clip of them singing was at the end of the game. What are they ment to be watching at the end of a match ?????

Tbf Frank is usually staring at the back of a train seat on his way home when the full time whistle blows :wave:

Frank, I pay my money to enjoy my Argyle experience the way I want, I join in with a few chants and clap my hands a bit neither of which has any impact upon anyone else's enjoyment of the game. If you want to tell me how to enjoy my day differently then I suggest you get your cheque book out and pay for my season ticket yourself. When it is your money I am spending on my ticket I may be more inclined to listen to your backward views on men's football, women's football, drums or chanting.

Keepitgreen

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
I don't think there was one rendition of it. Strange.

Jan 7, 2013
There was a clip on matchday moments from the pompey game showing a good rendition of it in the demport!

May 16, 2016
Old Gunner":305mce2d said:
Keepitgreen":305mce2d said:
I don't think there was one rendition of it. Strange.

I think it has probably reached its sell by date--bit like 'don't worry--'bout a thing'

Burton Albion were giving it some Bob the other night !

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
I spoke to a colleague today who came along to the Pompey game and he was quite impressed with the atmosphere. As an Everton fan (from up that way so we can let him off) by trade he wasn't quite expecting such a good atmosphere and as many people there for a game at this level.

I feel it's chants like this that get people coming back, they come away talking about an atmosphere, how their kids came away having enjoyed their day despite expecting them to be bored. Simple chants like this that newbies and youngsters can join in with, that once we have something to shout about get everyone bouncing are exactly what we need. A ground full of Franks encourages nobody to come back, a ground full of happy faces and singing keeps people coming back.