Tyler Harvey - Notts Forest training CONFIRMED | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Tyler Harvey - Notts Forest training CONFIRMED

memory man

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
I think the lad is currently more Forest Green than Nottingham Forest. I still think he is a victim of the expectation caused by that wonder goal against that lot up the A38. The class players from the championship hit goals like that and know how they did it. In League 2 they don't know how it happened.

Aug 12, 2011
If he does get the move, the move I've hoped for him for some time, then well done again to the youth system.

Tyler has attributes to play higher, and will excel with better players, which not many from the 2nd division would, but more importantly will get the proper daily training a young professional requires.

So the question is why doesn't he play more?

Well first of all, not many 19 year olds hold down a 1st team slot (Luke Young :silent:) and secondly the manager hasn't put enough/any effort into this players development.

Fair play if the rumours are true, Forest could/should be getting a gem :scarf:

Feb 21, 2008
Plymouth
Also will be at a team with a proper under-21 system which will give him proper nurturing and game time.

For all those saying Tyler is doomed to mediocrity, funnily enough a flawed and rough diamond young player may become a much smoother diamond if he gets more than the odd 5 minutes gametime here and there + Championship coaches/facilities as opposed to League Two ones.

Jul 29, 2010
Shadowknight":3q6vqx22 said:
All the Forest fans hating this thread.

Quite, Notts Forest indeed :oops:

GreenSam":3q6vqx22 said:
Interesting if true. I always said he was a young player with bundles of potential who gets a ludicrously raw deal at times therefore I will feel highly vindicated if this one has any truth to it. I do think a lot of it is down to what football attributes countries value- same prefer technical ability over crunching tackles and pace merchants. If Tyler was born in Spain, Brazil or Holland there's no way he'd be warming the bench of the fourth tier.

Just goes to show mr muscle macho men with pace and strength but no natural ability aren't always the ones who make the grade. Tyler whilst (mandatory disclaimer) is not 'the messiah' is still a very talented and intelligent TEENAGE footballer who if harnessed correctly could yet go on to have a successful and lasting career.

Whilst I rate his talent, it still may be for the best if we sold him. If he stayed here he could well go the same way as another naturally gifted but physically limited young player who was a victim of english football culture: Luke Young.

And yet we saw, clear as day, what throwing talented youngsters into league 1 and 2 teams did under Reid and Fletcher, nowt, zip, nadda. We can bemoan 'crunch v creativity' all day long but all the while it's a demonstrable fact that crunch wins every time it's a moot point.

We're not in Spain, Brazil or Holland, we're in the basement leagues of England. Yet I fail to see what good he'll do in the English championship either. We also saw, clear as day, the gulf in physicality when we stepped up to the championship, everyone was bigger, faster, stronger, taller, and demonstrated far more nouse or 'gamesmanship'.

We can't afford to carry passengers and that's all he is to us at the moment, he doesn't influence a game and is too easily nullified, even by the smaller, slower, weaker and shorter baseline of players in the bottom league.

If true, so long, good luck but I shalln't be putting any humble pie in the oven any time soon. Moving underweight squad fillers on is the right thing for Argyle to do in our position right now. It's no coincidence we've progressed this season with player acquisitions from the right age, right build and right experience profile.

Jun 8, 2014
Good players don't need physicality, they'll breeze past poorer players. Crunch will not always beat creativity, you've just got to use it right. Part of the issue is that Stevenage game where we as a team stooped to their level.

However, Tyler is 19. That's it. He's still a prospect, and there's plenty of time for him to develop. Perhaps he hasn't quite developed at the rate we hoped, but there's a player in there. He's good on the ball and technically there can't be many lower league players much better. But in this league it all sort of falls apart, he's got the talent but he very simply can't seem to influence football matches. It is tough when you only get 15 minutes at the ends of games though.

I wouldn't stand in his way if he wanted to leave, but can't help think he would be best off staying and going out on loan in january. He does need games - Yeah younger players might not develop so well all the time being thrown into a side, but he's at the point where he needs games. It would be very foolish to try and deny that, how else is he going to grow stronger and improve his influence on matches?

Half a season to a half decent side could do wonders, we know he's got the ability but that physicality is still lacking, and he needs to pick up soon because it wont be long before he's past his teens and he'll need to be pushing on again.

It's too easy to just give up on him, but he's young and still developing. He will do so physically until his early 20's probably. But he needs to be playing, he needs that gametime, and he's not going to get it here just yet.

(By the way look at Exeter's youngsters.. They've not done too badly being thrown into a side in those problems, have they?)

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
Steve.PAFC2012":3rx794k4 said:
http://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/Plymouth-Argyle-prospect-Tyler-Harvey-trains/story-25708365-detail/story.html

Good to see the Herald is back to its old ways and scouring this site for stories. :)

Mar 8, 2011
Plymouth
I would of thought that if we were going to sell him we would try and cash in on him in Jan instead of let him go for nothing in May (providing he does leave)

Either way I do feel he's been a wasted talent here and good luck to him if/when he leaves.

Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth
Paven":1xhsmeu2 said:
(By the way look at Exeter's youngsters.. They've not done too badly being thrown into a side in those problems, have they?)

Agreed with everything you said, but will comment on this part. Difference is, they got thrown in because they were struggling and needs must. Same reason the likes of Jared Sims and Matt Lecointe started getting game time a few years ago for us. We are currently a top 7 team, playing the best we've played in years and in Harvey's position we have two of the best strikers in the league, or if you consider him a CAM, a League One standard playmaker in Bobby Reid. He's not better than those players. Whilst his minutes have been limited, other than that Exeter performance where he was exceptional, he hasn't shown anywhere near enough to warrant playing over them.

There's definitely potential, but he needs to start making more of an impact, otherwise I feel he could go the same way as Young. Stagnant.

Jun 8, 2014
Nobby":r47mv7z0 said:
Paven":r47mv7z0 said:

Agreed with everything you said, but will comment on this part. Difference is, they got thrown in because they were struggling and needs must. Same reason the likes of Jared Sims and Matt Lecointe started getting game time a few years ago for us. We are currently a top 7 team, playing the best we've played in years and in Harvey's position we have two of the best strikers in the league, or if you consider him a CAM, a League One standard playmaker in Bobby Reid. He's not better than those players. Whilst his minutes have been limited, other than that Exeter performance where he was exceptional, he hasn't shown anywhere near enough to warrant playing over them.

There's definitely potential, but he needs to start making more of an impact, otherwise I feel he could go the same way as Young. Stagnant.

Yeah, I do definitely agree with you.. But throwing youngsters into a team wont necessarily ruin them, though it's not ideal all the time, and will only help them if you intend on playing a decent quality of football.

As you say, the players in his positions are also better and are putting in good performances, so it's hard for him to get a look in, when he does it's only 10/15 minutes and it's always harder there because you're one of either not into match mode so take a while to influence it, or you try too hard to impress and end up making mistakes.

Nov 18, 2011
Steve.PAFC2012":ddtx1xz8 said:
I would have thought that if we were going to sell him we would try and cash in on him in Jan instead of let him go for nothing in May (providing he does leave)

Either way I do feel he's been a wasted talent here and good luck to him if/when he leaves.

As long as we offer him a contract on at least on equal terms, as he's under 24 we will receive compensation if he moves to Forest at the end of his contract.

Mar 8, 2011
Plymouth
Joe Totale":23xexutm said:
Steve.PAFC2012":23xexutm said:
I would have thought that if we were going to sell him we would try and cash in on him in Jan instead of let him go for nothing in May (providing he does leave)

As long as we offer him a contract on at least on equal terms, as he's under 24 we will receive compensation if he moves to Forest at the end of his contract.
Ah makes sense.

Thank you

J

just_ste

I just wish he was given a chance in his natural position up front,would be gutted if he did leave and turned out to be a quality striker in a higher league.
If Sheridan gives him a chance and he doesnt take it,then gets sold,well thats just one of those cases were a player just didnt do it for a certain club,but if we sell him without seeing if he is the real deal(up front) then that would be very dissapointing.
I personally think he is an out and out goal scorer,just needs games to build his confidence,Sheridan stuck with Reid when he was carp,why not Harvey?

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Is this still a rumour?

Surely training with Forest puts substance to the story?