Tyler Harvey - Notts Forest training CONFIRMED | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Tyler Harvey - Notts Forest training CONFIRMED

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
greendream":ye6p5p15 said:
I just wish he was given a chance in his natural position up front,would be gutted if he did leave and turned out to be a quality striker in a higher league.
If Sheridan gives him a chance and he doesnt take it,then gets sold,well thats just one of those cases were a player just didnt do it for a certain club,but if we sell him without seeing if he is the real deal(up front) then that would be very dissapointing.
I personally think he is an out and out goal scorer,just needs games to build his confidence,Sheridan stuck with Reid when he was carp,why not Harvey?
i could not agree more with your post.if he is allowed to walk from us i will be furious.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
"The Herald understands".

Good luck to him if true, although will he get any game time if he moves to Forest in January?

C

Cobi Budge.

Players have trials at clubs all the time, more often than not a player isn't signed after a trial, many trials are not even officially announced, we've had a few over the last 3 or 4 seasons that nobody has known about. We have no idea if he's impressed them.

What I will say is, if he goes, I hope he's closely worked with by the coaches there (as he won't get much game time) so that he doesn't end up like the majority of youngsters who move to big clubs, having potential slowly eroded.

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
PL2 3DQ":39sjwkvt said:
"The Herald understands".

Good luck to him if true, although will he get any game time if he moves to Forest in January?
if he is played in his natural position i think he will.he is a class act when played as a centre forward.he scored plenty for the youth side and when in the reserves.he has not been given a proper chance here. :furious:

C

Cobi Budge.

I don't think that's true at all, the reason he's not been played that much isn't due to some conspiracy, it isn't even because he's poor, it's because Reid, Lewi, Morgan and probably Smalley are all better footballers at the moment, we just haven't been in a position to sacrifice our better players to bring Harvey in, but even then, let's remember he's made 44 appearances. I don't think it's right to say he hasn't been given a chance.

G

Greenskin

Cobi Budge.":xh7pvqwr said:
Players have trials at clubs all the time, more often than not a player isn't signed after a trial, many trials are not even officially announced, we've had a few over the last 3 or 4 seasons that nobody has known about. We have no idea if he's impressed them.

What I will say is, if he goes, I hope he's closely worked with by the coaches there (as he won't get much game time) so that he doesn't end up like the majority of youngsters who move to big clubs, having potential slowly eroded.

Indeed. Darren Bastow trained with Derby, Paul Wotton with Sheffield Wednesday and Luke Summerfield with Chelsea, nothing came of it in any of those cases. I would be extremely surprised if Forest were to try and sign him on a permanent basis at this stage but we'll see.

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
Cobi Budge.":27fjoz3u said:
I don't think that's true at all, the reason he's not been played that much isn't due to some conspiracy, it isn't even because he's poor, it's because Reid, Lewi, Morgan and probably Smalley are all better footballers at the moment, we just haven't been in a position to sacrifice our better players to bring Harvey in, but even then, let's remember he's made 44 appearances. I don't think it's right to say he hasn't been given a chance.
he is deliberately played out of position though isn't he?he is not a midfielder.remember his three goals for us against torquay,newport and exeter?he is a natural centre forward as his goals in the youth/reserves testify.

Mar 8, 2011
Plymouth
Cobi Budge.":1wt91vt0 said:
Oh Cobi :funny:

Jun 8, 2014
Steve.PAFC2012":xa3nywt2 said:
Cobi Budge.":xa3nywt2 said:
Oh Cobi :funny:

Morgan has more impact on a game, perhaps more useful but neither better footballers. Especially not Smalley, Harvey isn't that bad just yet.

C

Cobi Budge.

I don't understand what you've seen from Harvey to convince you so greatly that he's better than Morgan and Smalley (maybe he is and I'm wrong, but I have no idea how you can be so confident), two players who between them have made nearly 600 professional appearances, while Harvey has made 44 with just 4 starts, the evidence simply isn't there to come to that conclusion.

Smalley and Morgan have both been preffered to Harvey when fit, I think I trust Sheridan's judgement more than anyone's on here, including my own, we don't see training.

Jun 8, 2014
Appearances doesn't necessarily mean a better player. You seem to use these meaningless stats all the time but they don't prove anything. Morgan can be useful but he's hardly very talented, Smalley even less so because he never had the effort to do anything with what talent he had.

As soon as Harvey bulks up a bit and can start influencing games he'll be a lot better. He's definitely a striker as well, a false 9 role would suit him well imo.

Mar 8, 2011
Plymouth
Cobi Budge.":2el4d33i said:
I don't understand what you've seen from Harvey to convince you so greatly that he's better than Morgan and Smalley (maybe he is and I'm wrong, but I have no idea how you can be so confident), two players who between them have made nearly 600 professional appearances, while Harvey has made 44 with just 4 starts, the evidence simply isn't there to come to that conclusion.
Then that could be countered to say that Harvey hasn't played enough to show how good he really is with just 4 starts? Morgan is ok yes but if the ball fell to either Harvey, Smalley or Reid in the box for a chance then I would hope it would fall to Harvey. Your love in with Smalley is not only bewildering but starting to get a bit cringey.