Tyler Harvey - Notts Forest training CONFIRMED | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Tyler Harvey - Notts Forest training CONFIRMED

Mar 8, 2011
Plymouth
Ollieargyle9":2nqpzecx said:
Steve.PAFC2012":2nqpzecx said:
Cobi Budge.":2nqpzecx said:
I don't understand what you've seen from Harvey to convince you so greatly that he's better than Morgan and Smalley (maybe he is and I'm wrong, but I have no idea how you can be so confident), two players who between them have made nearly 600 professional appearances, while Harvey has made 44 with just 4 starts, the evidence simply isn't there to come to that conclusion.
Then that could be countered to say that Harvey hasn't played enough to show how good he really is with just 4 starts? Morgan is ok yes but if the ball fell to either Harvey, Smalley or Reid in the box for a chance then I would hope it would fall to Harvey. Your love in with Smalley is not only bewildering but starting to get a bit cringey.

Personally I'd rather it fell to Reuben but then that's just me ;)

I can't see what the fuss is about regarding Harvey, maybe in time he'll become an alright player but right now he offers very little to us. Maybe given the chance in his natural position he might do well, especially as the attacking midfielder role clearly isn't working for him. Then again I do wonder what JS has seen to think that the lad isn't a forward, presumably he didn't just ask Harvey to change position for no reason at all???

If we can get a decent sum for him I think it'll be best for all parties, I just can't see him going any further here. If others are right in that there is a bit of talent in him then maybe another club can get it out of him as we certainly haven't been able to. Personally I'd say he's not shown enough in the year or so since he first got into the first team to warrant us taking a punt on him, take the money and let someone else gamble on this lad, just be sure to stick in a nice sell-on clause for good measure I'd say.
Was meant to say Morgan :oops:

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I think this has been misheard.

Perhaps he was training with a Nottingham Florist.

It is a very short career after all.

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
cheshiregreen":3brt6m4h said:
Forest embargo confirmed

So, why did we let a player train with a club who can't buy anyone?

More details re embargo here - Rules

Clubs will be prohibited from registering any new professional players (permanent contract or loan) unless they have:

• 24 or fewer established players (players aged 21 or over that have made at least 5 starting appearances for the club).

Where clubs have fewer than 24 established players, they will only be permitted to sign players in the following circumstances (with the player in question being added to the club’s list of established players regardless of his age or previous playing experience):

• Where the employee costs of a player being signed are less than £600,000 per annum (or pro-rata if signed on a shorter contract).

Where clubs have 24 established players, they will be permitted to trade on a ‘one out, one in’ basis but only if the employee costs of the player coming in to the club are no more than whichever is the lower amount of:

• 75 per cent of the equivalent costs of the player going out.

• Or a maximum of £600,000 per annum (or pro-rata if signed on shorter contract)

In addition:

• Clubs under an FFP embargo will be permitted to sign a goalkeeper on an emergency basis (in line with existing regulations).

• Clubs under an FFP embargo will not be permitted to pay transfer fees or compensation fees for professional players.

• Clubs under an FFP embargo will not be permitted to pay a loan fee to another club, they may only pay the player’s wage (or a contribution towards it).

• For incoming players, clubs can only pay Agents’ Fees as a benefit in kind to the player in question (as long as they do not exceed the £600,000 employee costs limit)

Sep 23, 2011
Yes, just read the full article which has a bit more detail. Full details are unclear but it does look like they are unable to pay a transfer fee to sign anyone.

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
earl grey":j1dzj5no said:
One out one in sort of a thing. They rate Tyler highly

Here's the problem (if this article is accurate) - Link

As predicted by the Post last night, the Football League officials have today confirmed that the three clubs will face sanctions.

Where Forest are concerned, on a basic level, they will still be able to sign two players, either on loan or on a free transfer, when the window opens.

Jul 6, 2011
up_the_line":3imy507a said:
Perhaps Sheridan is thinking of selling him on 'for his own good'

Hmm, doesn't that sound familiar. How is Torquays best player doing now? Has he been sold on yet to a higher league team?
Nice one Mr Sheridan, we didn't see that coming Mr Sheridan...

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
Steve.PAFC2012":3qmuxt4v said:
Ollieargyle9":3qmuxt4v said:
Steve.PAFC2012":3qmuxt4v said:
Cobi Budge.":3qmuxt4v said:
I don't understand what you've seen from Harvey to convince you so greatly that he's better than Morgan and Smalley (maybe he is and I'm wrong, but I have no idea how you can be so confident), two players who between them have made nearly 600 professional appearances, while Harvey has made 44 with just 4 starts, the evidence simply isn't there to come to that conclusion.
Then that could be countered to say that Harvey hasn't played enough to show how good he really is with just 4 starts? Morgan is ok yes but if the ball fell to either Harvey, Smalley or Reid in the box for a chance then I would hope it would fall to Harvey. Your love in with Smalley is not only bewildering but starting to get a bit cringey.

Personally I'd rather it fell to Reuben but then that's just me ;)

I can't see what the fuss is about regarding Harvey, maybe in time he'll become an alright player but right now he offers very little to us. Maybe given the chance in his natural position he might do well, especially as the attacking midfielder role clearly isn't working for him. Then again I do wonder what JS has seen to think that the lad isn't a forward, presumably he didn't just ask Harvey to change position for no reason at all???

If we can get a decent sum for him I think it'll be best for all parties, I just can't see him going any further here. If others are right in that there is a bit of talent in him then maybe another club can get it out of him as we certainly haven't been able to. Personally I'd say he's not shown enough in the year or so since he first got into the first team to warrant us taking a punt on him, take the money and let someone else gamble on this lad, just be sure to stick in a nice sell-on clause for good measure I'd say.
Was meant to say Morgan :oops:

I thought you might have hence the smiley :greensmile:

P

pafcstafford

He ain't going anywhere now they are under transfer embargo.

Nov 4, 2012
Well Stuart Pearce is one of the worst managers in English football so I can see why he could rate Tyler as Championship/Premiership standard. Don't want to have a pop at Tyler because he does have good attributes and has shown his quality in glimpses, but he really isn't that good.

Sep 1, 2006
He will no doubt be a decent player. Is he ready now? Physically he is not quite ready.

Needs decent loan time like Barnes.