Tyler Harvey - Notts Forest training CONFIRMED | Page 6 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Tyler Harvey - Notts Forest training CONFIRMED

Feb 15, 2005
Plymouth
Steve.PAFC2012":38xhra40 said:
Joe Totale":38xhra40 said:
Steve.PAFC2012":38xhra40 said:
I would have thought that if we were going to sell him we would try and cash in on him in Jan instead of let him go for nothing in May (providing he does leave)

Either way I do feel he's been a wasted talent here and good luck to him if/when he leaves.

As long as we offer him a contract on at least on equal terms, as he's under 24 we will receive compensation if he moves to Forest at the end of his contract.
Ah makes sense.

Thank you

Compensation always seems to be a pitance and no true relation to the fees obtained on the open market.

Jan 28, 2013
Ivybridge
Cobi Budge.":1tzqj7id said:
Maybe. But I still don't see what they could have seen in him to want him, I've only seen him put in a really good display on 2 occasions. I guess you could say Brighton signed Walton from us and he'd never played a game, I think it's a bit different though, Harvey is a first team player and has been for a year or two.

If we lose him (I don't think we will), I'll wish him the best of luck but I won't be overly bothered as I don't see him succeeding here, whether that is his or the coaching staff's fault I'm not sure. I'm looking forward to Lecointe returning to fitness, and I'm hearing good things about Rooney as well.

I hope Sheridan gives youngster Rooney a chance, I like the look of him.

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
vibratingspider":1l29njgw said:
Out of interest, would Tyler not move for free if Forest wanted him?

It seems to be a very confusing situation when there's a 1 out 1 in section plus Tyler's age seem to fit into the criteria of being allowed. Forest have some high earners and as Tyler won't command anywhere near £10k per week there could be room to manoeuvre. With the FA and FL who knows what's allowed and what's not.

Ted

Dec 8, 2003
Nottingham
It's probably worth noting that Gosling and Summerfield trained with Chelsea.

Can't recall either one of them being signed to replace Frank Lampard.

He's trained with them for a week. These things happen all the time in football. He might sign, he might not!

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
Thomas Edwards":2wiw5s29 said:
It's probably worth noting that Gosling and Summerfield trained with Chelsea.

Can't recall either one of them being signed to replace Frank Lampard.

He's trained with them for a week. These things happen all the time in football. He might sign, he might not!

Fair point, but, Forest have just been put under a transfer embargo.

Jul 3, 2006
I think it's a bit premature to make sweeping judgements on Harvey's career - you only have to look at him to realise that he is basically still a boy. In 2 or 3 years we'll be in a better position to judge. Unfortunately he needs games in the meantime and Argyle can't really justify playing him ahead of Reid and Alessandra. A good level of reserve team football at Forest might be quite a good move for his development.

Aug 12, 2011
Hope your all glad I broke the story :nworthy:

As ive always said, he has attributes that suit a higher standard.

Club should take it as a compliment, but unfortunately as we know, there is a graveyard for 18-21 year olds at this club. :banghead:

Nov 30, 2010
Plympton
Brixton 'ill Pilgrim":vc4y02pw said:
I think it's a bit premature to make sweeping judgements on Harvey's career - you only have to look at him to realise that he is basically still a boy. In 2 or 3 years we'll be in a better position to judge. Unfortunately he needs games in the meantime and Argyle can't really justify playing him ahead of Reid and Alessandra. A good level of reserve team football at Forest might be quite a good move for his development.

Agree he is not a first pick for us at the moment but maybe his time will come elsewhere. I'm not saying he is a bad player just that's its too early for him at this point in his career. I still think a loan move to a conference side is Argyles best option to see how he develops with more games under his belt.

The lad has potential and it would be a shame to see another team get the benefit in a couple years time.

Look at Ashley Barnes and Yannick Bolasie now. No one thought they would be premiership players

P

pafcstafford

gracie11":29rim2lp said:

Club should take it as a compliment, but unfortunately as we know, there is a graveyard for 18-21 year olds at this club. :banghead:

Yeah I mean nelson and purrington ain't been given a chance.

memory man

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
pafcstafford":8l73vjdv said:
gracie11":8l73vjdv said:

Yeah I mean nelson and purrington ain't been given a chance.
But that is two out of how many? And Purrington is hardly a proven success. We seem to find the talented lads okay but, by and large, then fall down on nurturing it. We can go back to the likes of Danny O'Hagan, Chris Twiddy, Lee Phillips, Dominic Richardson, Liam Ford and so on. Even Mickey Evans had to leave to return a far better player. Before Nelson, in recent times who was the last really young player with no previous League experience to be a regular pick week in week out?

IJN":v9sm6vvd said:
I think this has been misheard.

Perhaps he was training with a Nottingham Florist.

It is a very short career after all.

Perhaps they think they've got a blooming good find. He could really blossom into aster and find himself playing in the Campionship. He'd have to be daff to turn down a move like this. In years to come we'll say we watched as he rose to fame. One thing's for sure - Steve Evans is begonia miss him if they do snap[dragon] him up.

:coat:

Mar 7, 2006
On secondment in Kent
Through the under-24 compensation payment method, does a sell on fee get included or is it purely the one off?

Surely this would be a good way to help lower league clubs, soften the blow a bit when the PL teams raid the youth system.

That said, the number of players who see out their contracts now seems to be increasing so the likelihood of any future revenue is diminished, but it would be nice to know on the off chance we may get some future income for our troubles.