Virus Warnings (not PASOTI's end). **Update** | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Virus Warnings (not PASOTI's end). **Update**

May 22, 2006
The virus said I've been to four adult sites.

Absolute garbage, it's at least twelve off the top of my head.

May 14, 2016
Been getting a redirect when clicking on the Yeovil Matchday Moments thread tonight. Anyone else?

Apr 6, 2009
I get redirects quite regularly but no longer the virus, now that ive won something

Took over my mobile tonight several times every time I tried to check this site.

"You have won a Samsung S7" or some nonsense with Tesco logo at the top.

Just clearing cache and history didnt get rid so have now turned Cookies off and seems to have worked

Ponty

English and proud of it
Staff member
R.I.P
Sep 27, 2006
Plymouth
Chancellor":10pkof75 said:
Took over my mobile tonight several times every time I tried to check this site.

"You have won a Samsung S7" or some nonsense with Tesco logo at the top.

Just clearing cache and history didnt get rid so have now turned Cookies off and seems to have worked

I just had exactly the same happen to me.

Jul 29, 2010
Without asking for it or being aware it existed my phone security settings have just blocked a download, attributed to PASOTI, marked 'Antivirus update'.

The thread intention is twofold...

Firstly I assume this is entirely bogus and probably malware. However there were some issues a while back with the site redirecting to infection notifications. Mods, please confirm the site hasn't put something in place and, as unlikely as it sounds, the unsolicited download is actually genuine.

Secondly to everyone using the site, make sure you phone/PC security settings are up to date and activated. Something mischievous is lurking in the bowels of the site...and it's not dear old Frank :wink:

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
X'y we have no techy Mods, but I will pass this to our support people via E mail.

May 22, 2006
This happens to me an awful lot, but only when using 3G, never wi-fi. I will try to provoke another occurrence and provide some kind of screenshot.

Jul 29, 2010
This was on WiFi for the record, my 'mobile Internet connection' is disabled when I have WiFi connection thanks to a battery saving function.

And thank you Ian. I didn't think it could be a genuine PASOTI 'patch' but thought it best to ask. It's origin was definitely 'pasoti.co.uk' though.

Bleedin' parasitic malware :furious: