Was that Wottons last game for Argyle | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Was that Wottons last game for Argyle

Oct 8, 2008
Paul has another season in him but FFS not at CB, and deffo not with another no pace midfielder beside him.

He's played very well as a DM this season when used
and for specific games would be useful for next season, this is Division 4!

Also he's one of us, if he wants to play 1 more season, great, sign him on.

May 1, 2011
UncleBuck":qnpo9fu5 said:
SMIAL":qnpo9fu5 said:
Give his a coaching role with first team or kids. Got a lot of passion and experience to be shared.

So he can teach the next generation of young players how to hoof into orbit or mess up a 5 yard sideways pass?

Do you not acknowledge his vital role in 2 championship seasons?

Mar 3, 2004
Cornwall
No room for sentiment today in the Radio Devon interview with JS before the game.

Asked about Wotton and possible record equalling appearance he was quite abrupt with the interviewer and indicated he was picking the best side to win the game.

One of the reasons for attending today was that it was the end of an era for him I suspect and the grandstand and a chance to at least have the chance to applaud him off when substituted.

His last farewell to HP could be in front of the few that remained for the stroll round the pitch.

Liam Vercoe

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 27, 2010
I think maybe Wotton knew/knows his time is up, he went over to the Devonport end on his own and kind of savoured the moment of the applause.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Chris Dennis":11wdzojm said:
No room for sentiment today in the Radio Devon interview with JS before the game.

Asked about Wotton and possible record equalling appearance he was quite abrupt with the interviewer and indicated he was picking the best side to win the game.

One of the reasons for attending today was that it was the end of an era for him I suspect and the grandstand and a chance to at least have the chance to applaud him off when substituted.

His last farewell to HP could be in front of the few that remained for the stroll round the pitch.

Indeed.
Sheridan says he picked a team to win the game and yet didn't select the two top scorers.
How harsh is Sheridan not allowing Wotton a fitting finale in front of the home fans.
Nothing else was at stake today.

Mar 17, 2011
PL2 3DQ":p3ntut4l said:
Chris Dennis":p3ntut4l said:

Indeed.
Sheridan says he picked a team to win the game and yet didn't select the two top scorers.
How harsh is Sheridan not allowing Wotton a fitting finale in front of the home fans.
Nothing else was at stake today.
Perhaps Sheridan has decided this isn't Wotton's last season. Either that or he thinks 2nd place in the all time appearance list should be earned properly.

jespafc

✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 23, 2005
www.johnstanlake.com
No room for sentiment?

I disagree entirely. PW deserves a fitting send off. Hopefully he'll get that next season.

When will a local Plymouth lad next achieve the same as PW has in his career? I very much doubt we'll witness it any time soon, so give him the occasion he deserves and allow Home Park to say a proper thank you to our most successful captain ever.

Jun 22, 2008
Taunton
Liam Vercoe":210lar3i said:
I think maybe Wotton knew/knows his time is up, he went over to the Devonport end on his own and kind of savoured the moment of the applause.

Indeed. I said to my old man that he looked like a man who didn't expect to be standing there again as a player.

Dec 28, 2010
An odd one to call, i hope its not his last season because i believe he has one more season in him as long as he is played in the correct position, defensive midfield protecting the defence.

As stated above he was standing alone at the Devonport end clapping for a prolonged period of time so i also thought he must know thats it for him but then realised he was looking/waiting for his son to make his way to the pitch side, so maybe this isnt his final season after all.

Liam Vercoe

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 27, 2010
Greenpafcpete":3vaw96jz said:
An odd one to call, i hope its not his last season because i believe he has one more season in him as long as he is played in the correct position, defensive midfield protecting the defence.

As stated above he was standing alone at the Devonport end clapping for a prolonged period of time so i also thought he must know thats it for him but then realised he was looking/waiting for his son to make his way to the pitch side, so maybe this isnt his final season after all.

I dunno, he started to walk away then turned around to get his son. The look on his face sort of summed it up for me.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Sheridan has said Wotton will be included in the 18-man squad on Saturday and could play a part in the game.

#playwottsie491