We'll do very well this season....... | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

We'll do very well this season.......

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
HC Green":1m21v0na said:
GreenThing":1m21v0na said:
Ade the green":1m21v0na said:
GreenThing":1m21v0na said:
Ade the green":1m21v0na said:
HC Green":1m21v0na said:
Once again someone didn’t use the full quote, I wonder why?
I was at the game and I agree with all his comments about the game and the way we played.

We’ve already gone too far into the season to announce we’ll do very well. We would be doing well to escape relegation but his quote is ignoring the sh1te we’ve seen for most of the first half of the season.

We would be doing very well to avoid relegation? In which case Derek saying we will do very well is saying that we'll avail relegation. QED.

He said we’ll do very well this season. A better quote from him could have been “we’ll do very well for the remainder of the season” but our sh1te from the first 10ish games has already put paid to the season.

Saying the rest of the season would have made more sense.

Did he say we’ve done alright so far this this season? No, so he was talking about the rest of the season, simple really.

Yep agree with that. Of course he was talking about the rest of the season. That doesn't stop people like the OP from taking the quote out of context and making an issue out of it.

Aug 5, 2016
Some fans just aren't happy unless they are kicking the manager.

The bloke is trying his hardest, as are the players, and we had some awful luck yesterday. The video of their player being blasted in the face and scoring has gone viral it was that ridiculous.

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
HC Green":1rgs5b2x said:
GreenThing":1rgs5b2x said:
Ade the green":1rgs5b2x said:
GreenThing":1rgs5b2x said:
Ade the green":1rgs5b2x said:
HC Green":1rgs5b2x said:
Once again someone didn’t use the full quote, I wonder why?
I was at the game and I agree with all his comments about the game and the way we played.

We’ve already gone too far into the season to announce we’ll do very well. We would be doing well to escape relegation but his quote is ignoring the sh1te we’ve seen for most of the first half of the season.

We would be doing very well to avoid relegation? In which case Derek saying we will do very well is saying that we'll avail relegation. QED.

He said we’ll do very well this season. A better quote from him could have been “we’ll do very well for the remainder of the season” but our sh1te from the first 10ish games has already put paid to the season.

Saying the rest of the season would have made more sense.

Did he say we’ve done alright so far this this season? No, so he was talking about the rest of the season, simple really.

“Yep agree with that. Of course he was talking about the rest of the season. That doesn't stop people like the OP from taking the quote out of context and making an issue out of it.”[/quote]

English is a wonderful language and being Scottish is no excuse to be so poor at speaking it. Whatever he meant to say, he didn’t and whilst it is pedantic to point that out, if he stopped saying ridiculous things about how good we are we could excuse him the odd time. It is by far not the odd time he makes himself look bad. Anyone remember when he “told off” the bbc reporter with what amounted to a watch this quote and wink? Well i’m sure they’re still watching for whatever it was he meant.

Jul 12, 2016
If you care to note I put a few dots after the topic rather than repeat the whole quote. Knibbsworth and co who always look on the bright side are welcome to their view but I am personally fed up with all the rubbish DA comes out with.Dress it up all you like the table doesn't lie and I think he'll still be saying the same things in March when the inevitable happens.

Oct 17, 2011
Plymouth
Mods, can we have a poll? , just a simple should he stay or go, yes or no, no back up statements as the for and against reasoning has already been well documented on other threads. Then we will have a good idea how the Pasoti contributors feel.

Aug 24, 2014
Plymouth
oldage":33n5z3fq said:
If you care to note I put a few dots after the topic rather than repeat the whole quote. Knibbsworth and co who always look on the bright side are welcome to their view but I am personally fed up with all the rubbish DA comes out with.Dress it up all you like the table doesn't lie and I think he'll still be saying the same things in March when the inevitable happens.

If that was your intention, "We'll do very well this season..." would have made it easier to read it as you meant it.

May 8, 2011
oldage":3tlkx45u said:

Everything he said about the game I agree with, it is exactly how I saw it, especially about the impact the now fit players will make.

Perhaps someone else who was at the game could tell me what bits of his comments they don’t agree with.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
lilcol":3apulknn said:
Mods, can we have a poll? , just a simple should he stay or go, yes or no, no back up statements as the for and against reasoning has already been well documented on other threads. Then we will have a good idea how the Pasoti contributors feel.

It's already been done. .......

viewtopic.php?f=30&t=101039

ping g5

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Dec 20, 2005
PlymOdi":1lg35uow said:
“We’ll do very well this season and move off the bottom of the table and put ourselves in a position that we are happy with at the end of the season.”

Was what the full sentence said.
I'm not convinced he's right, but at least quote him properly.

I think if you change the first 'and' to 'to' you probably get a more appropriate sentence...

Apr 9, 2011
The apathy of some people amazes me! We LOST AGAIN yesterday but that's ok we played well ! Am sure some would still be saying that if we got relegated to the Conference We are sleep walking our way back to the s***e league it took us about six seasons to get out of.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
A big weekend coming up because six of the seven bottom teams in League One all play each other.
We HAVE to beat Gillingham!

Larry David

✅ Evergreen
Apr 9, 2004
LA NY or Cuckfield
PL2 3DQ":1pvtlkx5 said:
A big weekend coming up because six of the seven bottom teams in League One all play each other.

This surely has to be the cut off point. Win and we're back in the mix, lose and we are in serious danger of being cast adrift and I would seriously expect the board to make a decisive move.

There has to be a line in the sand at some point and this for me is it.

Jul 12, 2016
Don't worry because even if we lose DA will see something as an improvement.
You've probably guessed by now I'm not his greatest fan!

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Larry David":2fj89as5 said:
PL2 3DQ":2fj89as5 said:

This surely has to be the cut off point. Win and we're back in the mix, lose and we are in serious danger of being cast adrift and I would seriously expect the board to make a decisive move.

There has to be a line in the sand at some point and this for me is it.

Probably not. New and exciting plans for the old pavilions site in town will soften the blow of failure on the pitch.