What chance replay on TV? (confirmed Wed 21st on BT Sport) | Page 8 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

What chance replay on TV? (confirmed Wed 21st on BT Sport)

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
IJN":2kto2lpp said:
Newport will be in trouble without it, we won't.

We will sign players in January without playing Liverpool, I doubt Newport will be in the same position.

Do you mean they need it to put off going to the wall? I wasn't aware it was that bad there. I would feel guilty to be hoping for an Argyle victory in the cup if defeat for County was to mean them going into admin. We've all been there and surely agree, wouldn't wish that on anyone.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Of course you would, as a Crystal Palace supporter.

There are many teams, indeed players, in the Premier League who could feel charitable towards Newport County and help them out without Argyle, or their supporters, being made to feel guilty.

Are you suggesting that, if they are in danger of 'going to the wall', we should concede the match?

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
davie nine":2twx89bd said:
Of course you would, as a Crystal Palace supporter.

There are many teams, indeed players, in the Premier League who could feel charitable towards Newport County and help them out without Argyle, or their supporters, being made to feel guilty.

Are you suggesting that, if they are in danger of 'going to the wall', we should concede the match?

I said I'd feel guilty (even if I was green) but that doesn't mean throw the match.

The bulk of my question was though, are they that close to the wind?

Ken Beale

♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
Sep 10, 2012
Are the club showing the Newport match in the Tribute Lounge does anyone know, pasty and a pint sounds good come on Argyle bring it on.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Benny Bullfrog":1cnhpcbb said:
http://www.southwalesargus.co.uk/sport/football/newportcounty/14975112.View_from_the_terraces__Fans_deserve_Anfield_trip_after_miserable_year/

Interesting passage...

The budget from one end of the table to the other is remarkable.

I mention this idea of replacing Parkin but for Argyle it’s totally different.

Jake Jervis, Jordan Slew, Jimmy Spencer, Ryan Brunt, Graham Carey and Scotland international David Goodwillie are just a few of the number of attacking threats that Derek Adams has to choose from.

At the other end of the table, we’d be delighted to sign any one of them.

When you put it like that, our budget sounds like it could be pretty high.

Feb 2, 2007
Bit on topic but possibly not....

I'm trying to get BT Sport for just this game but all the options seem to be 12 month contracts and not cheap.

Wife has BT Mobile sim and they seem to offer a smartphone app option, free for 3 months and then £5 per month: does anyone know if we sign up to that we could at least use it to watch on a tablet? It seems a bit restricted and I don't fancy watching on a really tiny screen, although I admit it will be better than nothing, if that's the cheapest option

Thanks if anyone can help!

Feb 2, 2007
Biggs":3ezpuobp said:
Benny Bullfrog":3ezpuobp said:
http://www.southwalesargus.co.uk/sport/football/newportcounty/14975112.View_from_the_terraces__Fans_deserve_Anfield_trip_after_miserable_year/

Interesting passage...

The budget from one end of the table to the other is remarkable.

I mention this idea of replacing Parkin but for Argyle it’s totally different.

Jake Jervis, Jordan Slew, Jimmy Spencer, Ryan Brunt, Graham Carey and Scotland international David Goodwillie are just a few of the number of attacking threats that Derek Adams has to choose from.

At the other end of the table, we’d be delighted to sign any one of them.

When you put it like that, our budget sounds like it could be pretty high.

Jervis, Slew, Carey were all journeymen north of the border types- few would have taken a punt.
Brunt was playing in the Conference when we signed him and had a terrible goals to games ratio
Spencer wouldn't have topped anyone's wish list, journeyman L2
Goodwillie- damaged goods, never fulfilled potential, off field exploits.

And Brunt & Spencer are not options because of injuries anyway!

Trev501

🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jam First
Brickfields Donor
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 3, 2006
Dolores (Alicante) Spain
nick_PASTIE":1rlkqzdd said:
Bit on topic but possibly not....

I'm trying to get BT Sport for just this game but all the options seem to be 12 month contracts and not cheap.

Wife has BT Mobile sim and they seem to offer a smartphone app option, free for 3 months and then £5 per month: does anyone know if we sign up to that we could at least use it to watch on a tablet? It seems a bit restricted and I don't fancy watching on a really tiny screen, although I admit it will be better than nothing, if that's the cheapest option

Thanks if anyone can help!
Nick, you have a pm

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
argylebob":akbevmkd said:
nick_PASTIE":akbevmkd said:
argylebob":akbevmkd said:
:clap: FWIW, my son seems to think that the Newport v Argyle replay could be shown on Freeview channel 59.

Does your son have inside knowledge?

Does anyone know of an easy way to obtain a short term BT sport subscription if not?

Regret no inside knowledge, my son is an avid Southampton fan and has watched non Prem games re Southampton on this channel.

We can only wait and see, but I don't feel that it is very likely.

My TV guide suggests BT Showcase on Wednesday is "Cricket's Big Bash". :(