What chance replay on TV? (confirmed Wed 21st on BT Sport) | Page 6 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

What chance replay on TV? (confirmed Wed 21st on BT Sport)

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
Yes. If Newport can't stage the game on 21st, I guess it would move to 3rd Round weekend meaning the Anfield tie would be a midweek one. Liverpool have the League Cup semi on Weds 11th January so FA Cup date may fall into following week. That may also see the end of BTSport interest in showing it.

With the cash incentive sure Newport will make a big effort to get game played on night of 21st.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
TV companies usually help by providing pitch covers etc.
Newport cannot carry on like this.

Apr 30, 2011
nick_PASTIE":1qerwqn2 said:
argylebob":1qerwqn2 said:
:clap: FWIW, my son seems to think that the Newport v Argyle replay could be shown on Freeview channel 59.

Does your son have inside knowledge?

Does anyone know of an easy way to obtain a short term BT sport subscription if not?

Not perfect but you can add BT Sports to your mobile phone package for 5 pound per month.

Apr 30, 2011
If their pitch is still looking ropey by next weekend is there any chance it could be moved to Home Park?

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
There is no rain forecast in the 5 days prior to the replay which hopefully gives them timecto get it in some sort of playable condition.

Sep 6, 2006
jerryatricjanner":1kaciz27 said:
There is no rain forecast in the 5 days prior to the replay which hopefully gives them timecto get it in some sort of playable condition.

They cannot accurately forecast 1 day ahead let alone 10!

Apr 6, 2009
Penmaster":36hqx4o7 said:
nick_PASTIE":36hqx4o7 said:
argylebob":36hqx4o7 said:
:clap: FWIW, my son seems to think that the Newport v Argyle replay could be shown on Freeview channel 59.

Does anyone know of an easy way to obtain a short term BT sport subscription if not?

Not perfect but you can add BT Sports to your mobile phone package for 5 pound per month.

I can't make midweek. Have bt sport on my phone as part of ee. Ordered a lead which should hopefully arrive tomorrow so I can mirror my phone screen on the t.v.

Fingers crossed it works

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
jerryatricjanner":5gkah14f said:

Good news.
Also, the last game at Rodney Parade before our replay is Friday 16 December when one of the rugby teams play so it gives the pitch four clear days to recover.

Apr 8, 2014
katkin":230wg9qc said:
Penmaster":230wg9qc said:
nick_PASTIE":230wg9qc said:
argylebob":230wg9qc said:

I can't make midweek. Have bt sport on my phone as part of ee. Ordered a lead which should hopefully arrive tomorrow so I can mirror my phone screen on the t.v.

Fingers crossed it works

It won't, BT don't allow mirroring of live broadcasts. I tried it with the UFC. The wire does come in handy though for films etc.

Ponty

English and proud of it
Staff member
R.I.P
Sep 27, 2006
Plymouth
It'll have to be moved to another ground. Or kick them out of the competition, they've got away with this for too long.

Apr 6, 2009
shortbred":2daj0m1j said:
katkin":2daj0m1j said:
Penmaster":2daj0m1j said:
nick_PASTIE":2daj0m1j said:
argylebob":2daj0m1j said:

Fingers crossed it works

It won't, BT don't allow mirroring of live broadcasts. I tried it with the UFC. The wire does come in handy though for films etc.

What a pain. Don't want to take mt 3 year old to the pub but no other way to watch it. Argh