What chance replay on TV? (confirmed Wed 21st on BT Sport) | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

What chance replay on TV? (confirmed Wed 21st on BT Sport)

P

Positively Green

Monkey Nuts":22e62134 said:
phil-thefluter24":22e62134 said:
Cobi Budge":22e62134 said:
phil-thefluter24":22e62134 said:
This means even shorter time for logistics to get to Liverpool IF we win replay . Just hope the box office have their act together better than the farce we had over wemberly!!

In fairness the problem with Wembley was that it was in-fact nothing to do with the box office, Wembley tickets were being sold online through ticketmaster only I believe, which caused a lot of confusion & therefore a lot of people took their frustration (unfairly) out on the box office.
Fair point was just trying to make the point we will have even less time to make arrangements etc as its not like its just around the corner! fair old poke up there
How long do you need? How long does it take to book a train, or coach, hotel or put fuel in the car?

If only life were that simple for everyone .......
some people's arrangements are more complicated and time-consuming to make. This can mean cancelling or rearranging appointments/schedules/rotas, finding the RIGHT accommodation to suit the group's needs, finding the RIGHT transport for the group's needs, ensuring the RIGHT seating in the stadium. All this can add up to make the arrangements too complicated to be able to do in a hurry.

:thumbs:
:scarf:

May 8, 2011
Just need to hope there's no heavy rain in the days before the replay as trying to fit in a rearranged game is going to be awkward with 3 league games over the Christmas/New Year period. I suppose one scenario would see a rearrange match played on 3rd round day.

Emu

Oct 3, 2003
Sarf London
Bermudian Green":2kn8x894 said:
Emu":2kn8x894 said:
Don't know how long you are there for but during the Xmas break they have the Copa del Rey games on and so cheap entry usually.

The irony is that my Spanish team are in action that night in Bilbao, almost at the same time. Two "green" clubs with similar support and recent history in cup action. Vamos Racing, Geddon Argyle!!

You're clearly a man who knows the area. Have you worked there?

Nah, I used to go out with a girl from Madrid for a long time.
Your wife will know it I'm sure - Santa Eugenia, just down the road from Alcala.

Have you been to El Escorial and Valle de los Caídos? Interesting places if you need somewhere to visit!

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
Disappointed as I will be flying back to the UK the night of the televised replay. Landing at Liverpool of all places, hope that's a good omen.

Emu":uo8fuwpl said:
Have you been to El Escorial and Valle de los Caídos? Interesting places if you need somewhere to visit!

Both fantastic places. Hoping to go back to El Escorial this time if weather permits. Then I can point out the historical inaccuracy of the Spanish version of the defeat of the Armada.

Anyway, enough hijacking. Fingers crossed for the game!

Aug 30, 2006
Sheffield
The Christmas market in the Plaza Mayor is worth a visit BG . Let the esposa loose around El Corte Ingles in Sol whilst you sample the tapas in the cuevas underneath the Plaza Mayor

Feb 2, 2007
argylebob":1fifdiz3 said:
:clap: FWIW, my son seems to think that the Newport v Argyle replay could be shown on Freeview channel 59.

Does your son have inside knowledge?

Does anyone know of an easy way to obtain a short term BT sport subscription if not?

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
This would be excellent news.

Am I right in thinking though that the Showcase (channel 59) selections are only announced (confirmed) about 24 hours before the event?

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
cheshiregreen":2a76pnjb said:
This would be excellent news.

Am I right in thinking though that the Showcase (channel 59) selections are only announced (confirmed) about 24 hours before the event?

What is the betting they go with Inter v Lazio which is billed in the Christmas TV mag for 21st Dec to be live on BT Sport 2

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 30, 2004
so where can jan boy watch it then in plymouth...

Apr 3, 2006
Botley, Soton.
nick_PASTIE":1hdxy75r said:
argylebob":1hdxy75r said:
:clap: FWIW, my son seems to think that the Newport v Argyle replay could be shown on Freeview channel 59.

Does anyone know of an easy way to obtain a short term BT sport subscription if not?

Regret no inside knowledge, my son is an avid Southampton fan and has watched non Prem games re Southampton on this channel.

We can only wait and see, but I don't feel that it is very likely.

Keepitgreen

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
nick_PASTIE":1tlshtxk said:
argylebob":1tlshtxk said:

You have a PM Nick.

Sep 6, 2006
I see their game was abandoned today! Think BT may have overlooked the state of their pitch. A postponement will cause major congestion.