What chance replay on TV? (confirmed Wed 21st on BT Sport) | Page 7 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

What chance replay on TV? (confirmed Wed 21st on BT Sport)

Apr 8, 2013
If this is the case because of the pitch/weather and due to financial implications for the winner, could the tie be played in Cardiff if needed?

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
quedard":2opdqp4y said:
If this is the case because of the pitch/weather and due to financial implications for the winner, could the tie be played in Cardiff if needed?

If needed the FA could order such a move but it would have to be postponed on both 21st December and 3rd round day of 7th January first before they consider such a ruling.

Apr 6, 2009
if its postponed on 21st (please no) then it'll be the 3rd round weekend meaning whoever wins will lose the tv money from the anfield game plus probably quite a bit in ticket sales if its midweek. Newport can't be allowed to get away with it.

If there is any chance it may be postponed it should be changed venues now or Newport face a big fine

Mar 11, 2014
mervyn":zqxuzj9y said:
Are any London fans planning for the 21st in a suitable pub, preferably in the east end?

I'm looking for the same Mervyn, but preferably Central/North Central. Think it might be difficult in Christmas season!

Sep 6, 2006
mcminn":1uueuj1q said:
mervyn":1uueuj1q said:
Are any London fans planning for the 21st in a suitable pub, preferably in the east end?

I'm looking for the same Mervyn, but preferably Central/North Central. Think it might be difficult in Christmas season!

You guys not heard of the London branch?

Balham_Green":8z6lu2ix said:
mcminn":8z6lu2ix said:
mervyn":8z6lu2ix said:

You guys not heard of the London branch?
Heard of it, but I'm just a casual visitor on the 21st, so any info would be helpful.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Dean Whitestone is the referee for the replay, he's already taken charge of two of our games this season, the 2-0 away win at Exeter and the FA Cup First Round win against Mansfield. He could be a lucky omen. :thumbs:

Jan 27, 2012
The Newport FA Cup game will have a huge impact on whether Argyle get promoted or not. As Chris Errington has pointed out in The Herald, The financial rewards of the Liverpool match will allow either Newport or Plymouth to make financial commitments during the January transfer window.

Ironic how an FA Cup game between two League 2 teams could help decide on promotion or relegation issues.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Newport will be in trouble without it, we won't.

We will sign players in January without playing Liverpool, I doubt Newport will be in the same position.

Oct 3, 2003
Dundee
Significant either way, Ian. :)

Plenty more pressure on them, snootiness food-chain or otherwise, as you say. Let's hope our club captain, whose behaviour in his rebuild has been otherwise brilliant, doesn't help degrade the affair into a northern rotters debate ensuing.