What postions are needed for a better finish. | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

What postions are needed for a better finish.

Dec 3, 2005
Oh for a player or two like these:

Norris - Nalis - Busaky = midfield

Hayles - SEB = attackers

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Add an abdou to that midfield

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
A manager or DOF who is capable of having more than Plan A and can recognise what the opposition are doing and can figure out a way to counter it. JS isn't it.

Jul 19, 2006
Yorkshire
Midfield

two wide players and a nippy forward who scores to pressure Alessandra or replace him should he go

I would have let Tyler go TBH haven't seen enough to suggest he can be a regular starter or force his way in much the same as Luke Young I'm afraid

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
i would dismiss sheridan,mccarthy,harbin and wilmot,i would not have a second goalie as luke is excellent.i would alter the captaincy to a vociferous player(like wotton was),i want to see our players already at the club given a chance.i would have brunt up front to begin with next season with reuben on stand by on the bench,i would partner brunt with tyler harvey(the most natural player at the club in my opinion,he will score loads of goals playing up front)if alessandra leaves,which i sincerely hope he does we need a proper winger to replace him.i would also insist on all players and management staff live within a 20 mile radius of the club.i would also insist that the players train morning and afternoon and the management staff along with mr. starnes arrange friendly/behind closed doors matches for all fringe and returning players.i would also add that we have a manager and assistant with wotton learning off these two.

First and foremost, a new manager who has a bit of tactical nous unlike the incumbent.

The definite first-team quality players we have in my opinion are McCormick, McHugh, Nelson, Hartley, Cox, Reuben (when he's fit) and O'Connor if he signs. Mellor is on the borderline between starter and back-up. Brunt, and Alessandra and Harvey if they sign are weak starters but good bench options. Bittner, Purrington and Smalley are bog-standard bench players who I wouldn't be upset to see go.

I don't think Alessandra or O'Connor will sign. So that would leave us needing to sign:
- A defensive utility man who can play all the positions O'Connor could, if I'm right and O'Connor doesn't sign.

- A quick 'off-the-shoulder' type of striker - we could do a lot worse than Zak Ansah.

- Two attacking midfielders. One a Young/Blizzard/Bobby-esque passing midfielder, the other a Friio-type goalscoring midfielder.

- Two full/wing-backs, one on either side.

- At least one true winger. Preferably one who can play other positions so he can fit into a 3-5-2 if needs be.

- Another centre-back if Nelse leaves.

Dec 23, 2010
Plymouth
Wycombe are a team we should look at. No fast creative players. Just a very organised, solid side. Burton are another example. It's effective and with the right players as proven, can get you out of this league.

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
Steve Evans":8fjdhta1 said:
pafcstafford":8fjdhta1 said:
What we doing if something happens to luke rush back?
we do what gary johnson did at yeovil.we loan one in

I think pafcstafford was asking what we do for the rest of the match Luke gets injured in?

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
Argylegames":2vx2d9t0 said:
Steve Evans":2vx2d9t0 said:
pafcstafford":2vx2d9t0 said:
What we doing if something happens to luke rush back?
we do what gary johnson did at yeovil.we loan one in

I think pafcstafford was asking what we do for the rest of the match Luke gets injured in?
oh i see.i would have our youth team goalie on the bench. :thumbup:

Sep 8, 2013
I'd like to think that Sheridan has learnt a lot this season regarding our shortcomings and ought to know what is wanted. In my opinion that is two more commanding midfielders and at least one mobile, hungry and quick striker as a first priority. Can they be found though?

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Learnt a lot? You wouldn't think so going off the lady 10 games