What postions are needed for a better finish. | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

What postions are needed for a better finish.

P

PAFCCraigo

I think it depends on the system our manager for next season (whoever that may be) decides to play, but in my opinion we certainly need a couple of pacey wingers not afraid to take their man on, and another striker to pressure Lewi, Reuben alongisde Brunt, and who can find the back of the net even if brought on as a sub chasing a game. That said, our priority has to be central midfield, with both AOC and Bobby not around next season. Cox is solid and can break up play well but we need more creativity in that area and, as others have alluded to, a man who can chip in with some goals. I know the club were happy to take the money and couldn't hold him back when he was ready to move up a division, but if only we'd have managed to keep hold of Hourihane for one more year, I think we'd no doubt we discussing us as a League One side now.

H

HPRJohn

Manager - Young noisy passionate

GK and defence are fine

Mid - Older experienced player to play in front of a back four, again someone noisy influencial - don't care if they cross the halfway line or not just someone to lead!! 2x wide players (I'd have kept Banton then it'd just be one)

Fwd - 1 needed, I'd play brunt and reid up top and have them within 10 ft of each other so any knock down or flick on is picked up by the other but rotate the players. Reid became burnt out due to injury and too much game time as we had no one else!

4 players (more if the guys offered a contract dont sign) and a decent manager would turn us into top 3 material!!

Monster Green

Cream First
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Jan 12, 2007
Plymouth
A change in formation and style. I don't think our formation has worked. And the players to slot into a new system

Jul 3, 2006
I think we need a (more attacking) alternative to the 3-5-2 formation, particularly in home games, or games where we fall behind. In which case:

Right back
Central midfielder
Winger

Plus a defensive midfielder and a mobile striker, if we lose O'Connor or Alessandra

Sep 6, 2006
Brixton 'ill Pilgrim":1ezgbt8p said:
I think we need a (more attacking) alternative to the 3-5-2 formation, particularly in home games, or games where we fall behind. In which case:

Right back
Central midfielder
Winger

Plus a defensive midfielder and a mobile striker, if we lose O'Connor or Alessandra

I'd say more in away games. Home form was pretty good but 3.5.2 doesn't usually work away from home as many of us said before the 2nd leg! When you can't get your wing backs forward(more difficult away from home) and your main striker is injured you spend most of your time in your own half with no outlet (and making the opposition look like Barcelona) We can see it why can't JS?
I don't see how a right back is a priority but pace up front plus replacements for Bobby Reid and O'Connor presuming they go are essential I agree. Oh and a winger now that Banton has gone as well :facepalm:

Green_White_Landrake":3byk8l0r said:
Why a keeper??? Luke is fine. I'd say:

Center Back
Left Back
Wingers x2
Center Mid. x3
Striker x2

We need another keeper to give Luke the competition. Luke's performances dropped off in the second half of the season. IMO he was a lot better last season when he had competition from Jake Cole.

However, can we afford that luxury? Maybe an inexperienced loan keeper from a champ or prem club.

We also need a new manager, a new striker (x2), and four midfielders/wingers depending on the managers preferred system. Another defensive utility player would be good, someone like O'Connor.

The rest can be done with loan players.

Mike Greening

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Aug 2, 2008
The managers job.