What postions are needed for a better finish. | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

What postions are needed for a better finish.

45rpm

I think we should try and get Walton back on loan. Brighton are looking for another keeper and want to send him out on loan so why not?

Also think we could do with a bit more creativity in the middle and another striker. It depends on what system/ formation we end up playing. No point in paying out good money for wingers/ wide midfielders if we never play them.

Dec 3, 2005
John_Doe":e943em0l said:
Green_White_Landrake":e943em0l said:
Why a keeper??? Luke is fine. I'd say:

Center Back
Left Back
Wingers x2
Center Mid. x3
Striker x2

We need another keeper to give Luke the competition. Luke's performances dropped off in the second half of the season. IMO he was a lot better last season when he had competition from Jake Cole.

However, can we afford that luxury? Maybe an inexperienced loan keeper from a champ or prem club.

We also need a new manager, a new striker (x2), and four midfielders/wingers depending on the managers preferred system. Another defensive utility player would be good, someone like O'Connor.

The rest can be done with loan players.

Can't see a Prem or Cham Club sending down a goalie to just sit on the bench, watching crap 4th division football (thats what it is), what would that do to the lad lol :)

djg145":z82rsr63 said:
John_Doe":z82rsr63 said:
Green_White_Landrake":z82rsr63 said:
Why a keeper??? Luke is fine. I'd say:

Center Back
Left Back
Wingers x2
Center Mid. x3
Striker x2

We need another keeper to give Luke the competition. Luke's performances dropped off in the second half of the season. IMO he was a lot better last season when he had competition from Jake Cole.

However, can we afford that luxury? Maybe an inexperienced loan keeper from a champ or prem club.

We also need a new manager, a new striker (x2), and four midfielders/wingers depending on the managers preferred system. Another defensive utility player would be good, someone like O'Connor.

The rest can be done with loan players.

Can't see a Prem or Cham Club sending down a goalie to just sit on the bench, watching crap 4th division football (thats what it is), what would that do to the lad lol :)

I should've expanded, give him some game time. A handful of league games, the cup games. Better be a reserve and be involved on match days than be third choice and playing youth/reserve footy at champ/prem level. Put Luke under some pressure so he ups his game.

Goalie and defence are fine. I know Mellor's form dropped but he started the season brilliantly so just needs to rediscover that. And I think Purrington will be fine at left-back if given the chance.

We have a striking option with Reid but not enough up front (I'm assuming Alessandra will leave). So definitely another forward.

Midfield's the big gap for me though. It has been too defensive unless we've had loanees in, so if we only get one player this summer (I'd obviously hope we get more), an attacking midfielder would be top of my shopping list. No point suggesting names though as we'll scrape around and get who a)we can afford and b)is willing to move to the Westcountry.

M

Sep 8, 2013
Hope I am VERY wrong, but I fear that we may have seen the best of Rueben. Can he regain fitness and sharpness? Hope I'm wrong, but...

Oct 3, 2003
Dundee
Extremely incorrect. There's no player who JS has invested more time in than Reuben, to make him the best striker in L2 at certain stages like JS said he could, if RR goes anywhere it'd be JS's next club. That may make RR or fail him.

Apr 20, 2008
Plymouth
I'd be looking to sign (this is presuming that as the majority of rumours suggest that O'Connor and Alessandra won't sign):

A centre-mid who can drop in and play centre-half too (we need more than 4 centre-halves to last us the season)
An out and out centre-mid (Bobby?)
A right wing back to challenge Mellor and also play right wing if need be.
A left wing back to challenge Purrington and also play left wing if need be. (Kellett?)
A striker to replace Lewi.

Obviously the top and bottom ones wouldn't be necessary should O'Connor and Lewi end up staying.

Apr 20, 2008
Plymouth
samjones":2c1kehjm said:
If O'Connor and Lewi leave we are in deep doodoo
Get Lee Cox fit and that's O'Connor's position in the team sorted already. He may not quite be as good as O'Connor but he's still bloody good at this level.

Lewi again is a very good player but no way is he irreplaceable.