Who drops. | Page 6 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Who drops.

Gloucester Green

Cream First
♣️ Shire Greens
Sep 18, 2010
Gloucester
Maybe I am just a traditionalist who likes a pairing where one is a centre forward and one is a goal scorer. Reid is lazy more often than not and if people can't see that then they are short sighted. Take out his goals from penalty spot and you have an average goals tally from him. He should be scoring 30 a season with his ability but he doesn't live up to that potential. He now has genuine competition and I hope I eat my words and he pulls his finger out of his arse until then he is not my first choice but then again I am not the manager so what difference does my opinion make?

Feb 21, 2011
Gloucester Green":2s8qcnkx said:
Maybe I am just a traditionalist who likes a pairing where one is a centre forward and one is a goal scorer. Reid is lazy more often than not and if people can't see that then they are short sighted. Take out his goals from penalty spot and you have an average goals tally from him. He should be scoring 30 a season with his ability but he doesn't live up to that potential. He now has genuine competition and I hope I eat my words and he pulls his finger out of his arse until then he is not my first choice but then again I am not the manager so what difference does my opinion make?
Reid is not lazy he's just not a running type buzzing forward like Allesandra or lavery, the crowd loves a runner at home park even if the end product is non existent, same was said of Ebanks Blake he's overweight he's lazy etc yet he still scores the goals I'll take end product over headless chicken any day, that said I'd take a runner with end product like lavery over all.

Jun 8, 2014
BadBoy":1x5l8spf said:
Gloucester Green":1x5l8spf said:
Reid is not lazy he's just not a running type buzzing forward like Allesandra or lavery, the crowd loves a runner at home park even if the end product is non existent, same was said of Ebanks Blake he's overweight he's lazy etc yet he still scores the goals I'll take end product over headless chicken any day, that said I'd take a runner with end product like lavery over all.

Yep, and it negates the fact that he isn't even lazy in the bloody first place!

Feb 8, 2005
BadBoy":nte95tjl said:
Emu":nte95tjl said:
I think it was the correct decision to give him a one year deal. However, he is going to have to make an impact this season
Which he will find hard to do if he never gets more than five minutes off the bench as with the last manager. You're right though big year for Tyler needs to get himself in that starting X1 somehow.

He will have to do that with the development team, to show what he can do, before he gets a chance of regular first team football, I reckon. Even though he may be on the subs bench occasionally, he will have to prove to the manager that he has what it takes.

Several younger players will have to prove themselves before getting a chance of first team football this season, and the reserve outings will be ideal for them to do so.

Gloucester Green

Cream First
♣️ Shire Greens
Sep 18, 2010
Gloucester
Reid is lazy and instead of knuckling down when the going gets tough he hides and whinges at ours being in the wrong not himself.

I am not blinded by stats I only go on what I see in the flesh. Same can be said for Rooney when on England duty. When our backs are against the wall they fail to have an impact and are found wanting.

As I have said on numerous occasions when Reid puts in a decent show he has my respect butI can assure you I am not the only one in the stands who moans when he isn't trying and pinning the blame on others. However I am confident enough in my opinion to voice it. We can keep going round in circles or you can just accept that I don't think Reid lives up to the promise he shows on the odd occasion. If we as a club are happy to carry a substandard Reid in the hope he remains clubs top scorer instead of the leagues top scorer then so be it but I demand more from someone who fails to impress more often than not.

Like others in our squad if he was that good he wouldn't be with us!

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Gloucester Green":e0rli0wm said:
Reid is lazy and instead of knuckling down when the going gets tough he hides and whinges at ours being in the wrong not himself.

I am not blinded by stats I only go on what I see in the flesh. Same can be said for Rooney when on England duty. When our backs are against the wall they fail to have an impact and are found wanting.

As I have said on numerous occasions when Reid puts in a decent show he has my respect but I can assure you I am not the only one in the stands who moans when he isn't trying and pinning the blame on others. However I am confident enough in my opinion to voice it. We can keep going round in circles or you can just accept that I don't think Reid lives up to the promise he shows on the odd occasion. If we as a club are happy to carry a substandard Reid in the hope he remains clubs top scorer instead of the leagues top scorer then so be it but I demand more from someone who fails to impress more often than not.

Change the record.

Bradley Wright-Phillips got the same treatment from people who'd prefer a workhorse to a class forward. I don't even remember him being lazy, and neither is Reuben.

You've hit the nail on the head with your final point. All our players are lacking something as they're in League 2, so stop having a go and appreciate the man who's scored 40+ goals in the last two seasons.

Aug 17, 2011
London
As a slight aside, I met Akinfenwa in a restaurant a couple of weeks ago- In fact, it was after his first day back of pre-season training.
I obviously told him I was Argyle, among some of the things we chatted about was that he considered us as top 4 and as long as we keep Reid (Reuben) we'll definitely have a good season.

He may have just been saying that to be nice. (I had just beaten him in an arm wrestle :) )

Gloucester Green

Cream First
♣️ Shire Greens
Sep 18, 2010
Gloucester
Biggs":3037a0x7 said:
Gloucester Green":3037a0x7 said:

As I have said on numerous occasions when Reid puts in a decent show he has my respect but I can assure you I am not the only one in the stands who moans when he isn't trying and pinning the blame on others. However I am confident enough in my opinion to voice it. We can keep going round in circles or you can just accept that I don't think Reid lives up to the promise he shows on the odd occasion. If we as a club are happy to carry a substandard Reid in the hope he remains clubs top scorer instead of the leagues top scorer then so be it but I demand more from someone who fails to impress more often than not.

Change the record.

Bradley Wright-Phillips got the same treatment from people who'd prefer a workhorse to a class forward. I don't even remember him being lazy, and neither is Reuben.

You've hit the nail on the head with your final point. All our players are lacking something as they're in League 2, so stop having a go and appreciate the man who's scored 40+ goals in the last two seasons.

This is a forum to voice opinion don't like it don't read it. I have said that when he has a good performance I will give him the credit he deserves until then he is not a player that gives 100%.

Let's see how the season pans out and all those who love him suddenly want him dropped if he has a dry spell.

Jun 18, 2015
Gloucester Green":nyvhvowi said:

As I have said on numerous occasions when Reid puts in a decent show he has my respect butI can assure you I am not the only one in the stands who moans when he isn't trying and pinning the blame on others. However I am confident enough in my opinion to voice it. We can keep going round in circles or you can just accept that I don't think Reid lives up to the promise he shows on the odd occasion. If we as a club are happy to carry a substandard Reid in the hope he remains clubs top scorer instead of the leagues top scorer then so be it but I demand more from someone who fails to impress more often than not.

I asked another poster awhile back who doesnt rate reid if he would sell him if he had the choice which is reply was yes he would seeing as you arent a big fan im guessing if you had the choice you would sell reid too right? would you rather we had Brunt up front dont get me wrong I like Brunt but I prefer Reid out of the two. Can you think of many better strikers than Reid in this league or even at our club. Like you said you are right to have your own opinion and I respect that

Gloucester Green

Cream First
♣️ Shire Greens
Sep 18, 2010
Gloucester
Greenford":pfm6g41c said:
Gloucester Green":pfm6g41c said:

I asked another poster awhile back who doesnt rate reid if he would sell him if he had the choice which is reply was yes he would seeing as you arent a big fan im guessing if you had the choice you would sell reid too right? would you rather we had Brunt up front dont get me wrong I like Brunt but I prefer Reid out of the two. Can you think of many better strikers than Reid in this league or even at our club. Like you said you are right to have your own opinion and I respect that

I would keep him on the previso that he actually works hard and doesn't become another could've been ... He know has players who could replace him in the squad and that should push him on. I have given him praise in the past 2 seasons just not enough and that is what irritates me personally. They should all give 100% every match.

Feb 21, 2011
Gloucester Green":32advwp8 said:
Greenford":32advwp8 said:
Gloucester Green":32advwp8 said:

I would keep him on the previso that he actually works hard and doesn't become another could've been ... He know has players who could replace him in the squad and that should push him on. I have given him praise in the past 2 seasons just not enough and that is what irritates me personally. They should all give 100% every match.
Last time I looked we had no one who has got anywhere near 40+ goals in the last two seasons, we have nobody in his class or even close, here's hoping Jervis fulfils his obvious potential then your point may become valid but currently Reid is the only one with a track record to speak of.

NLG

✅ Evergreen
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jan 16, 2006
BadBoy":3vz38stf said:
Gloucester Green":3vz38stf said:
Greenford":3vz38stf said:
Gloucester Green":3vz38stf said:

Last time I looked we had no one who has got anywhere near 40+ goals in the last two seasons, we have nobody in his class or even close, here's hoping Jervis fulfils his obvious potential then your point may become valid but currently Reid is the only one with a track record to speak of.

I do not watch all the games due to geography. Other than the play off game I have not seen this Lazy footballer that doesn't give 100% ( I assume injury is an OK excuse). However competition for all places is good, so the more we have other people capable of doing his job (scoring, creating chances and defending from the front) the better. I think if he stays fit he may well have a 30 goal season in him this year given the attacking philosophy remains intact and our girly away strip doesn't reduce his aggression.