Who really should be blamed? | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Who really should be blamed?

Jun 26, 2006
I may be simplifying this in my head but to me

INVESTMENT = DEBT

We do not ( nor do PCC i should think ) have £10m + to build the sort of facility that people want .If someone comes in and purchases the shareholding of the club and takes on / pays off whatever debt may be owed , ( the share value of the club may not be very much ) . All that happens is that the owner of the debt changes . If new owner then splashes cash around left right and centre all it will do is increase the debt of the football club .
The only way to remain substantially solvent is to grow the club organically by encouraging the people of Plymouth to come to home park and watch football . Some of our fans can be very disparaging about other clubs and the size of their support when in reality the majority of the clubs in our league actually have a bigger % of their towns population attending football than we do . In truth the Paul Stapleton model was not far off the mark - we did grow year on year - we budgeted for what we could have expected in the Championship (15000) . For some reason only 11000 turned up . Players had to be sold to attempt to balance the books and we hit the downhill slide and in my view panic set in . However - we had purchased the ground and in the end that was probably the one thing that kept the club alive .

Oct 5, 2013
"Who really should be blamed?"
If we get promoted, no-one will be to blame.
That's the objective the manager has set himself. And he apparently believes he will achieve it for us. All we need now is to see him getting the results required.