Will we be in the Championship next season? | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Will we be in the Championship next season?

Do you think we'll break our transfer record this summer?

• Yes

Votes: 68 87.2%
  • No

Votes: 10 12.8%

• Total voters
Jun 22, 2005
Nope, every result and most decisions have gone against us so no reason to assume we're getting the luck on Saturday. Hull will batter us too

Reactions: Awaydays
Apr 4, 2004
I’ll be supporting us either way. I think our fate lies with Norwich. I love this league but if we are all honest we are not Championship ready. We’re growing and getting better as a club. But we have been a little short of what’s needed. We did really well for a while when we had an overachiever as manager. They don’t come around too often. I find it really sad that for once we had someone who loved it here and wasn’t desperate to get back up the road. Our budget was just too far away from being competitive. Sadly that has done for us. Nobody’s fault. It’s just the reality of Plymouth Argyle.

Last edited:

MGM

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 7, 2021
Yes, and we will win our final game.

At home we are a very weird side. We can play really poor & look to be under pressure but find a way of scoring.

It will be an awful game in terms of how we play. Cooper will need to be at his shot saving best. Yet out of nowhere we will score, after they score first. We will then turn the game on its head. And for last 10 we will all be a bag of nerves but after some close calls we will hang on.

Ok, lm probably wrong with the game scenario but for a reason, that might be just based on nothing but hope, l think we will do it even though l believe Birmingham have a greater chance of beating Norwich than we do Hull based on how badly Argyle have played.

Reactions: IvyG and Hexagon9

Dazzy3000

✅ Evergreen
Dec 3, 2008
I’ll be supporting us either way. I think our fate lies with Norwich. I love this league but if we are all honest we are not Championship ready. We’re growing and getting better as a club. But we have been a little short of what’s needed. But we did really well for a while when we had an overachiever as manager. They don’t come around too often. I find it really sad that for once we had someone who loved it here and wasn’t desperate to get back up the road. Our budget was just too far away from being competitive. Sadly that has done for us. Nobody’s fault. It’s just the reality of Plymouth Argyle.
lol to some extent I don’t disagree, but with an outlook like that we may as well all just pack up and go home

Oct 14, 2015
Yes as I’ve just put £20 on us being relegated at 3-1 and I’ve never won a football bet in my life.

Happy to lose £20 to stay in the Championship and if I do win I’ll spend my winnings drowning my sorrows on the train back home to Welwyn

Reactions: East DevonGreen

Steamer

✅ Evergreen
Oct 17, 2008
Essex
Yes .. it's us and another poor team but we hold the advantage .. its ours to lose ... Cup final day ...

Reactions: IvyG

Lancastergreen

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Jan 12, 2017
Plymouth
I think we have a better chance of staying up on Saturday then people are expecting, these players may not have been able to do the business of late but I just don't see them not going the extra mile at home on Saturday.

Reactions: IvyG
Apr 4, 2004
lol to some extent I don’t disagree, but with an outlook like that we may as well all just pack up and go home
Actually I feel very upbeat. The club is improving everything it does & growing in front of our eyes. I think our club is currently the best it can be, growing and improving in every area. Hopefully within a few years we’ll be better equipped for this level. A relegation would hurt but if it happens we go again.

Said old Green

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Jan 3, 2023
I think we have a better chance of staying up on Saturday then people are expecting, these players may not have been able to do the business of late but I just don't see them not going the extra mile at home on Saturday.
If I remember correctly only a couple of weeks ago you said there was zero percent chance of us going down

Apr 22, 2019
Yes, and deservedly so.

Looking forward to trips to Sheffield x 2, Millwall and Hull already!