Will we be in the Championship next season? | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Will we be in the Championship next season?

Do you think we'll break our transfer record this summer?

• Yes

Votes: 71 84.5%
  • No

Votes: 13 15.5%

• Total voters
Oct 31, 2015
Its a no for me. I actually can't remember us winning a last day battle to stave off relegation.
92 we lost at home to Blackburn to go down
95 we drew at home to Oxford when we needed to win
98 we lost at Burnley
2010 we were relegated early
2011 we lost the last 3 games🤦(sounds ominous)
2019 against Scunthorpe at home I suppose you could say we did ok but the damage had been done 2 months previously (same as this season)

I suppose you could argue in 2013 we lost the last 2 games but had done enough so we didn't drop out the league.

Scary when you think about the relegation over the last 30 years or so😳

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Its a no for me. I actually can't remember us winning a last day battle to stave off relegation.
92 we lost at home to Blackburn to go down
95 we drew at home to Oxford when we needed to win
98 we lost at Burnley
2010 we were relegated early
2011 we lost the last 3 games🤦(sounds ominous)
2019 against Scunthorpe at home I suppose you could say we did ok but the damage had been done 2 months previously (same as this season)

I suppose you could argue in 2013 we lost the last 2 games but had done enough so we didn't drop out the league.

Scary when you think about the relegation over the last 30 years or so😳

We also failed to beat Grimsby under Adams which gifted Pompey the title despite them having not been top all season. I’m still a bit annoyed about that. I remember everyone around me celebrating with inflatables at FT but I just couldn’t really bring myself to, it was weirdly quite a flat end to a promotion season.

Reactions: rsp4

Lancastergreen

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Jan 12, 2017
Plymouth
If I remember correctly only a couple of weeks ago you said there was zero percent chance of us going down
Not sure if I said that but if you say I did then fair enough 😀
I'm just thinking that we have beaten Leicester at home recently so why can't we do a job of sorts v Hull?

Oct 10, 2018
Yes - As we're draw against Hull and same for Brum against Norwich, both brum and Huddersfield down.

One things for certain a huge rebuild job needed next season regardless of in Championship or L1.

Outs, Dan Scarr Forshaw, Miller, Burton, Houghton.

Loan out : Waine, Caleb Roberts, Jack Mathew's, Callum Wright.

Edwards retire - offer coaching role

Sell: Hardie - he given us his best days.
Sell T Wright.

Reactions: Brussels Bureaucrat
Apr 8, 2016
Yes - As we're draw against Hull and same for Brum against Norwich, both brum and Huddersfield down.

One things for certain a huge rebuild job needed next season regardless of in Championship or L1.

Outs, Dan Scarr Forshaw, Miller, Burton, Houghton.

Loan out : Waine, Caleb Roberts, Jack Mathew's, Callum Wright.

Edwards retire - offer coaching role

Sell: Hardie - he given us his best days.
Sell T Wright.
I'd keep Edwards on as a player for another season but combine it with a coaching role. Otherwise I'm split on Forshaw, id maybe keep depending on how much that would cost us. Burton id also offer a contract too as a 3rd very reliable and would enable a season for Zak Baker on loan somewhere. However, if Burton didn't want to warm the beach then that's fair enough.

Sell Hardie?!? He's still young and now proven in the championship. He may have gone off the boil recently but he has been run into the ground and expected to make miracles with so little service. Given the right manager and a rest I think he would flourish. Otherwise I also wouldn't be against selling Callum Wright but loan is also okay with me.

As for players if we stay up I'd like us to go for Mikel Helik from Huddersfield and Cameron Brannagan from Oxford.

I would also like us to go for Femi Azeez (contract expires), Johnson Clarke-Harris (contract expires), and also Ethan Erhanon from Lincoln regardless of which league we are in next season.

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
I think 60/40. We will almost certainly lose. Birmingham have a slightly better chance of beating Norwich but hopefully a point is the best they will manage and we survive on goal difference by just a couple of goals.
Next year will be even harder, a major overhaul needed and outside investment or we could well face a Rotherham situation.

Jul 15, 2011
Birmingham to draw but we loose 5.0 a la MK to drop in to bottom 3 for first time and be relegated on goal difference...again....😖

I hope I'm wildly wrong....

Larry David

✅ Evergreen
Apr 9, 2004
LA NY or Cuckfield
For what it’s worth I think there’s no point in pretending otherwise Birmingham have an advantage following Hulls draw with Ipswich.

That said Norwich won’t want to finish 6th and risk two legs against probably Leeds much rather a faltering Southampton. Will Hull throw caution to the wind and go all out for a big win in the hope of Norwich coming unstuck at St Andrews or will they hope for a win by any margin and Preston beating West Brom?

I would suggest the latter until at least half time where they may reassess if things are going badly for them at the Hawthorns.

What’s certain is the players will need the crowd behind them the equal of the Leicester game to help them out.