Will we be in the Championship next season? | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Will we be in the Championship next season?

Do you think we'll break our transfer record this summer?

• Yes

Votes: 71 84.5%
  • No

Votes: 13 15.5%

• Total voters

Graham Green

✨Pasoti Donor✨
May 26, 2010
Swindon
At the moment it’s feeling like if it can go wrong it will. By Friday? Will be optimistic. So to answer the question - buggered if I know. I do know what I hope for though.

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
Wondering about a poll of "do you want us to be in the Championship next season"
That would be a far more interesting call. I can either see us staying up and getting hammered every week, or going down and having a season of mediocrity. Have to say I'd rather option B. I hate watching us lose.

Sep 28, 2022
Yes as I’ve just put £20 on us being relegated at 3-1 and I’ve never won a football bet in my life.

Happy to lose £20 to stay in the Championship and if I do win I’ll spend my winnings drowning my sorrows on the train back home to Welwyn
Actually I put £5 on us to be relegated at 7/1 before the Millwall game. My mate put on £20,maybe wishing now I, d been as extravagant, but didn't want to win serious money at our expense. My £5 was meant to be lost but doubting that to be the case now unfortunately!.

Apr 8, 2016
I’m quite amazed at what little faith everyone now has in our board after one poor appointment in 5 years! No brainer for me - championship all day long. Find the right man and continue where Schuey left off
Exactly this. Just need to survive and then we can reset under a new manager, and hopefully some new investment and Whittaker money

Reactions: IvyG

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Not for me. I'd be too depressed of we went down to get excited for beating Wrexham and Exeter

Yep, we had a taste of being a truly exciting club that was going places and could beat anyone, for a few glorious months. It’s a punch in the guts to go back to lower league obscurity after that.

Reactions: MustardEagle
Sep 6, 2006
I want us to stay up, I really do and I’ll be gutted if we go down next week - but there’s also a part of me, a small part, that wants to see us involved in a promotion push again, last season was so much fun.
Highly unlikely we would be involved in a promotion push. This team will be dismantled in the Summer with a massive rebuild job for the new manager. Poisoned chalice?

Reactions: rsp4

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Highly unlikely we would be involved in a promotion push. This team will be dismantled in the Summer with a massive rebuild job for the new manager. Poisoned chalice?

Similarly if we stay in the Championship (without investment) then next season will be really difficult. The next manager has a tough job, regardless of which league we end up in.