Wimbledon Match Thread (JPT) & Pasoti chat room | Page 11 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Wimbledon Match Thread (JPT) & Pasoti chat room

G

greengiant1886

Amazing to come from 2-0 down to win 3-2! The team should be really proud of themselves! :scarf:

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
Steve.PAFC2012":tr36aqus said:
Marco_Polo":tr36aqus said:
Any ideas when was the last time we came from behind (away from home), in a competitive match?
I think it was Morecambe in 2012 but I could be wrong.

Jenkins screamer and 2 Feeney pens.

Yes, I was at that one.

To be fair to Carl Fletcher, he oversaw a couple of comebacks - there was a 3-2 win v Bristol Rovers - not sure which game was the last one though.

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
Only the Paintpot yes, but winning is a great habit to get into. 3 down at Forest Green who have won 6 out of 6 so far, albeit in a friendly and coming back from 2 down now at Wimbledon. There certainly seems to be an all together more positive attitude with Adams and his approach to the game.

C

chronicgreen

A fine result, especially after going 2-0 down, very surprised at how strong a team Adams selected but it worked out well in the end so congratulations to him and the team.

Jul 3, 2006
Our 2nd goal was an absolute treat. Jervis seemingly penned in on the wing chipped the ball between two defenders to Sawyer who laid it off to Wylde who volleyed a first-time inch-perfect cross for Brunt to place a header just beyond the keeper's reach. Will be well worth looking up online.

Defending wasn't too bright at times - At 2-1, the Wimbledon centre forward blasted miles over when clean through on goal with all the time in the world to pick his spot - but we looked a vastly superior footballing side in the second half. Carey, Brunt and particularly Jervis all very good.

Jan 27, 2012
The laeague and FA Cup are priorities. I wish Argyle just played their reserve team. This is a competition I would like to see us exit.

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
gaspergomez,there is a trip to wembley on the end of this!the players are now professionally fit!! think of the revenue. :facepalm:

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
What he said :roll:

:clap: :clap:

H

HeathrowJanner

Thoroughly enjoyable evening.Two cracking goals in front of a dedicated and vocal GA to win it for us.Dragged the Mrs along even after she swore "never again" after almost freezing to death at the nil nil at Southend last yr.Something special is brewing at HP.In Del Boy we trust.I thought we played some great stuff at times.

P.S...The Mrs thought the p×ss taking from us aimed at the Dons fan who looked like Boris Johnson was hilarious...and the fact we made their keeper Shea a nervous wreck.

NLG

✅ Evergreen
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jan 16, 2006
First match of the season and I have to say the team lived up to all the pasoti hype. I would suggest all you part timers, expats and relocated supporters make the effort as soon as you can as the football is definitely worth it. 100% effort for 90 mins and great first time passing a joy to watch.

Btw Was it Cox warming up at half time on his own?

Michael Fleet

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Sep 15, 2003
HeathrowJanner":2f3poc4i said:
Thoroughly enjoyable evening.Two cracking goals in front of a dedicated and vocal GA to win it for us.Dragged the Mrs along even after she swore "never again" after almost freezing to death at the nil nil at Southend last yr.Something special is brewing at HP.In Del Boy we trust.I thought we played some great stuff at times.

P.S...The Mrs thought the p×ss taking from us aimed at the Dons fan who looked like Boris Johnson was hilarious...and the fact we made their keeper Shea a nervous wreck.

Can you tell us more about the Boris Johnson stuff - sounds like classic Green Army banter!

Nov 14, 2014
Great night. Attacking football - what a change from last season. Green Army were terrific. The chants were fabulous. Poor Shea, the goalie, must have been well aware of the banter behind him. My favourite - Can we play you every week! Priceless!! Even the Wimbledon stewards were smiling.
JPT or whatever competition, the team must have benefited greatly from this great come-back performance, & are really starting to jell & ooze confidence. Thanks, Mr Brent, Mr Adams & your fine team, for giving us all a memorable night in South London... & thanks to the Green Army vocal choir for creating such a great atmosphere in the Argyle end. Still buzzing!