Wimbledon Match Thread (JPT) & Pasoti chat room | Page 12 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Wimbledon Match Thread (JPT) & Pasoti chat room

Andy S

Administrator
Staff member
🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
The Doctor":3nbyawq0 said:
Stuff the revenue. Winning is fun. Let's make it a habit.

:thumbs:

L

Leopold

Let's be in it to win it!
There must be revenue to be reaped at the end of the road; and it's good to sustain a habit of winning matches, although it would have been great to have won in the same fashion last night with a reserve team.
I just wish I could have been there!!
Onward and upward!!
GO GREENS!
Leopold.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Greenford said:
Oh and Super Carl McHugh with the winner makes things even better. We need to give this guy a chant im surprised he hasnt gotten a chant seeing that hes a fans favourite and one of our best most committed players.[/quote

Till there was McHugh ...? (Beatles)
I Love McHugh because ..... ? (Jim Reeves)

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
jollygreenjohn":1s7fyx04 said:
Carl McHugh, Hugh, Hugh,
Give the ball to Carl McHugh to Agadoo maybe?

OK maybe not :-D

Did Agadoo play for Wimbledon then? :think:

"There were games all around but I never saw us winning, no I never saw that at all till Carl McHugh " :lol:

C

Cobi Budge.

Confused by those saying they'd rather we exit.

You'd rather see us lose & disappoint traveling fans instead of the players producing a great comeback which will boost confidence? Wins are wins, let's keep the momentum going.

Many call it a Mickey mouse cup or tinpot trophy, I call it a good chance to get to Wembley & lift some silverware, as well as bringing in some much needed revenue.

I hope we put out a strong/our strongest side in Round 2 and I think we will.

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
The thing that pleased me about last night's result was that it hasn't been that long since we played and beat Wimbledon to start the season. Meeting again so soon, with us holding no surprises for them it should have given them the advantage this time around. Okay, we went behind but in the first game we were under early pressure before we came good and so apparently we were last night.

To my mind this shows that at long last, teams have to play to try and counter us instead of the other way around which we've been doing for far too long. It happened a few times under Fletcher and a few times under Sheridan as some results bare out but in Derek Adams we have the real deal and he's obviously worked extremely hard getting his views across.

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 30, 2004
Cobi Budge.":2869dsl9 said:
Confused by those saying they'd rather we exit.

You'd rather see us lose & disappoint traveling fans instead of the players producing a great comeback which will boost confidence? Wins are wins, let's keep the momentum going.

Many call it a Mickey mouse cup or tinpot trophy, I call it a good chance to get to Wembley & lift some silverware, as well as bringing in some much needed revenue.

I hope we put out a strong/our strongest side in Round 2 and I think we will.

I still think the JPT is a mickey mouse trophy and looking at last night's attendances so do a lot of fans all over the country.After Argyle's travelling expenses and indeed Wimbledon's match day expenses,have been accounted for,how do clubs make a profit out of it,,, I doubt if they do...(In fact Wimbledon closed one stand last night)....To get to Wembley,you have to get through five matches,which for any team is a tall order,and what with the inevitable injuries and possible suspensions through yellow and red cards,that will occur, you have to ask is it worth it.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Just ask yourself how you feel when we lose Alan.

Great game, good winning mentality and most of us have a bigger smile on our face today because of it.

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 30, 2004
IJN":3of28ews said:
Just ask yourself how you feel when we lose Alan.

Great game, good winning mentality and most of us have a bigger smile on our face today because of it.

Ian...I'm not too sure about that...... Even the BBC deemed it too insignificant a game to broadcast. The FA Cup yes,you have magic,glamour,minnows,big boys,.....However none of that,applies to the JPT which in my opinion is a mickey mouse cup,and a complete waste of time.

Ray Stidwell

Jam First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 20, 2003
Penn, near High Wycombe
Ian , as you say .... ( Ahem! In my 50th year since I first saw Argyle ) ... I'll remember
last night as one of the most seminal........amongst other great matches of course ( including eg: the not so oft recalled fabulous Trigger bravery display at Brentord 3-1 in ca. Sept 2003 )

.. Oddball , I couldn't care less that 'twas one of the "least important" matches( & you try telling our boys , the players, that 'twasn't competitive; they were competitive as hell! ) & I care even less about your decrying it , that match was superb, important, thoroughly enjoyable & a very worthwhile step in what is happening right now!

...just like when , some twenty minutes from the ground after the match , Jan W & I bumped into each other & shared ( Jan's words , something like) " Doesn't it feel Great!"

...& should we not get 3 points at Stevenage , should some nay-sayers ( & Predictability would say you, Oddball, would be one of them!) speculate that were it not for Yesterday ( when lucky Stevenage got a bye) we'd have won this coming Saturday, I' d not only say "Bollocks , Idle mind speculative crap!" , I'd confidently say that the players would say the same !

Yes, Jan, You're spot on boy, It Does Feel GREAT !!!

Andy S

Administrator
Staff member
🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
IJN":1v1dbbmh said:
He'll go to both Steve AND the final.

I'll be driving.

Because it's free!