Wimbledon Match Thread (JPT) & Pasoti chat room | Page 13 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Wimbledon Match Thread (JPT) & Pasoti chat room

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 30, 2004
Andy S.... Sorry to disappoint old son but I pay my way....FACT.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
No it's not, he pays his way. :thumbup:

This bugger drinks fuel. :lol:

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 30, 2004
Ray_Stidwell":quihksgp said:
Ian , as you say .... ( Ahem! In my 50th year since I first saw Argyle ) ... I'll remember
last night as one of the most seminal........amongst other great matches of course ( including eg: the not so oft recalled fabulous Trigger bravery display at Brentord 3-1 in ca. Sept 2003 )

.. Oddball , I couldn't care less that 'twas one of the "least important" matches( & you try telling our boys , the players, that 'twasn't competitive; they were competitive as hell! ) & I care even less about your decrying it , that match was superb, important, thoroughly enjoyable & a very worthwhile step in what is happening right now!

...just like when , some twenty minutes from the ground after the match , Jan W & I bumped into each other & shared ( Jan's words , something like) " Doesn't it feel Great!"

...& should we not get 3 points at Stevenage , should some nay-sayers ( & Predictability would say you, Oddball, would be one of them!) speculate that were it not for Yesterday ( when lucky Stevenage got a bye) we'd have won this coming Saturday, I' d not only say "Bollocks , Idle mind speculative crap!" , I'd confidently say that the players would say the same !

Yes, Jan, You're spot on boy, It Does Feel GREAT !!!

Ray....Yesterday was a nothing game,Saturday is what counts.....

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I met Ray Semmens last night Ray, we had the identical conversation.

Winning is good, no matter what competition it is.

Andy S

Administrator
Staff member
🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
IJN":3u2lzn5l said:
I met Ray Semmens last night Ray, we had the identical conversation.

Winning is good, no matter what competition it is.

It becomes a very good habit.

102 points is good!

:scarf:

Ray Stidwell

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jam First
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 20, 2003
Penn, near High Wycombe
Indeed Ian; then we see Oddball's reply to my comment . Not only does he not "get it" , he doesn't even appear to listen !
D'you know ?, what with what's truly going on at the moment , even if we not only lose in Saturday ( although that would of course hurt like hell, especially at that God-forsaken place , poo pitch & ground) but also play crap, I will still be a very happy Pilgrim & optimistic as hell ( indeed inter alia, looking forward to Wembley a la JPT)!

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Alan likes being contrary, it's what he does.

He's as big a fan as anyone I know, he just 'suppresses' it. :lol:

Ray Stidwell

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jam First
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 20, 2003
Penn, near High Wycombe
It's funny Ian, last night makes me think a little of the concept of " I'm glad I was there " .....Not elitist at all......indeed the 1996 play-off final, 1984 FA Cup S/F & 20 April 2004 being obvious examples where the GA was there in force ( especially the latter 'cos 'twas more recent & thus more inclusive of current fan base) ...but also Rushden in 2001, QPR of course in 1974 .... Brentford in 2003.....absolutely , the more the GA numbers the better, but sometimes ( & last night was a great example) circumstances made the number less.......& the "best ones" in a way are where they just happen, or "all come together" ........for last night 'twas the "Yes, we can really see this quite clearly...." We Have A Team"" !. Years ago would have includeed, in Johnny Hore's day , the record-ending win at Millwall, resulting in a long cold drive home on a windows -smashed coach, & the 3-2 win at Stockport , after losing 0-2 at HT. ......Not always victorious..... The 3-4 reversal at Elm Park ( having been 3-0 up after 55 mins) being another "keystone moment" ......even the glorious 3-1 "can we really survive, despite everything ?" Win under Peter Reid at MK franchise in Jan 2011.... Now I'm rambling....back to the point ....Great Argyle moments......don't you love 'em?!

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I'd chuck the Rochdale 'never again' match as well Ray. I'll never forget that feeling of relief but 'shame'. How the hell did a club like ours get that near to the drop?

Ray Stidwell

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jam First
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 20, 2003
Penn, near High Wycombe
Good one , Ian .....all the better for the mobilisation of 2 & a half thousand of US ......
...delighted that " my drift " is clear......
...now I'm " catching on " myself' ! March 6th 2004 at Notts County .... Again a similar number ......none ( perhaps just most) of us thought on the previous Tuesday March 2nd during a comfortable Luggy-esque 2-0 home win over Owls that the following morning our world would be turned upside down by Luggy going to Saints.
I, admittedly, was one of many that hadn't planned to go , but then had to explain to Mrs S that "It had to be done!"

Ray Stidwell

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jam First
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 20, 2003
Penn, near High Wycombe
Also, though this one is especially memorable for " the craic" !, December 2003 at The County Ground , thanks to Marino Keith's last minute winner 2-2 & you effed it up !

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
Can I add Sheffield Wednesday away Oct 2003 - the moment we knew we had arrived at that level but were heading up to the next.

Plus Shrewsbury on the opening day - Fletch's equaliser.

C

Cobi Budge.

Simply, I want us to put in 100% & do our best to win every game, whether it's the first round of the JPT or the play off final.

Wins are great for momentum, a disappointing spiritless defeat last night could have given us a knock confidence wise, but instead it gives us something to go into a tough game on Saturday with.

Ray Stidwell

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jam First
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 20, 2003
Penn, near High Wycombe
cheshiregreen":thmogja4 said:
Can I add Sheffield Wednesday away Oct 2003 - the moment we knew we had arrived at that level but were heading up to the next.

Plus Shrewsbury on the opening day - Fletch's equaliser.

Good ones, CG; I wasn't at Hillsborough but a ( fanatic ) Owls neighbour who had travelled up for the match saw it the same way & chanted "Friiiiiio" every time we met for years afterwards.