Worried about the lack of goals from our forwards | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Worried about the lack of goals from our forwards

Jan 26, 2013
Plymouth
Funny thing is, I reckon if Reid had been on the pitch when we had those penalties against Tavy/Weymouth, this thread would not have even been created :banghead:

Aug 21, 2011
Vladivostok
graiser":2fmuhv7g said:
Graham Evans":2fmuhv7g said:
More than just a striker needed , we were awful in attack ,midfield and defence . To cap it all the keeper was dressed in lurid pink and had a stinker of a game . Before the game I was thinking maybe promotion now I am worried about relegation. I know it was only a friendly but most of the players looked very unfit and totally disinterested.

This is about the worse post I've read in a long while :facepalm:
I'll 2nd that.
Its absolutely unbelievable how we have fans who are experts on managing football teams, fitness levels, diet, how a player should build up his fitness, how we are going down to the skull league, how we have to use the channels to get out wide to play 1 - 1 - 8 down the middle while using Tyler as a goalie to save wages and sign a striker from Costa Coffee ... on and on and on Jeeeeeezzzz Can't you all watch CBBC please

Jan 17, 2010
Why's that crownhillPilgrim we only have 10 days or so before the season starts and our front line looks poor take your green tints off

Jun 8, 2014
weygreen":3or4qbun said:
Why's that crownhillPilgrim we only have 10 days or so before the season starts and our front line looks poor take your green tints off

Don't rate Morgan much and haven't seen Smalley but fail to see the issue with a strike partnership that god 34(?) goals last season and a player who on his day is as good as any player in this division. His new found work rate makes him a huge asset for us.

Lecointe is young and Harvey can always play there. Thomas too.

Not seeing your issue really, it's better than most in the division.

C

Cobi Budge.

Nobody is questioning Reid's ability, just the fact he doesn't look fit, and I really don't see what's wrong with worrying about that considering how close we are to the first match.

Apr 15, 2008
London
weygreen":1wtobg2m said:

It's sunny, it's warm. Why worry about football until it starts?

Mar 8, 2009
Hampshire
Cobi Budge.":100cf48s said:
Nobody is questioning Reid's ability, just the fact he doesn't look fit, and I really don't see what's wrong with worrying about that considering how close we are to the first match.

Exactly! We're bloody lucky to have such a capable forward in our team; he's one of the best goalscorers in our division but he won't score 5, never mind 25, unless he gets fitter soon! I'm sure he will in time, but he's let himself go a bit too much over the summer break and he's gonna need more than the 10 days he's got to sharpen himself up!

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
soccerpilgrim":86n9np6g said:
Cobi Budge.":86n9np6g said:

Exactly! We're bloody lucky to have such a capable forward in our team; he's one of the best goalscorers in our division but he won't score 5, never mind 25, unless he gets fitter soon! I'm sure he will in time, but he's let himself go a bit too much over the summer break and he's gonna need more than the 10 days he's got to sharpen himself up!

Hmm

http://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/Argyle- ... story.html

NLG

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jan 16, 2006
Argylegames":3n87qgwg said:
soccerpilgrim":3n87qgwg said:
Cobi Budge.":3n87qgwg said:

Hmm

Think this just shows how silly some people's comments really are..

Nov 28, 2005
PLYMOUTH
The Doctor":31daq6o7 said:
Watching the Swansea game I thought Reid looked quite a bit slimmer than last season.

He really can't be judged at all on that game. All he ever got were the poorest scraps of the ball against good quality defenders and with minimal support.

I agree he looked leaner.

But he looked clueless against their defence, lets hope the Div 2 defenders are more generous.

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
Argylegames":kxleg4ei said:
soccerpilgrim":kxleg4ei said:
Cobi Budge.":kxleg4ei said:

Hmm

Well there you go, Reuben deserves praise for putting in the effort to be ready for the season not criticism for not doing enough. The lad clearly wants to do well down here and is making every effort to make it work.

Personally I don't know how anyone could have made a proper judgement on his weight from Sunday's game when the majority of us were sat on the touchlines well away from the players.

Mar 8, 2009
Hampshire
Ollieargyle9":wdtu4ik1 said:
Argylegames":wdtu4ik1 said:
soccerpilgrim":wdtu4ik1 said:
Cobi Budge.":wdtu4ik1 said:

Hmm

Well there you go, Reuben deserves praise for putting in the effort to be ready for the season not criticism for not doing enough. The lad clearly wants to do well down here and is making every effort to make it work.

Personally I don't know how anyone could have made a proper judgement on his weight from Sunday's game when the majority of us were sat on the touchlines well away from the players.

I hope that really is me proved wrong then, as I'm always happy to be when having doubts over a player, although I've not been proved wrong until he performs on the pitch. Perhaps I was wrong when I said that it wasn't just a pre-season thing, although I'm sure he'd agree he's struggled a bit.