Adams press conference | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Adams press conference

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Says players let him down.

Didn’t track back, didn’t put bodies on the line, didn’t do the basics.

They were fresh from having Tuesday off but let him down.

C

Charles Plym

He has let the club down. I refer the safest manager in the league to his statement upon appointment “I will take good care of your football club “
He isn’t !

Jul 12, 2016
There appears to be something amiss at Home Park.What else can explain this display after resting most of the players for the Checkatrade debacle. They presumably trained during the week? To add insult Carey seems to get deliberately booked.Perhaps he is as fed up with the current situation as the fans

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 30, 2004
Listening to DA's comments a lot depends on what happens in January as far as he is concerned.Yet according to Simon Hallett the board have not even discussed his January budget....strange times indeed at Plymouth Argyle.

Sep 3, 2011
oddball":31w6ewjh said:
Listening to DA's comments a lot depends on what happens in January as far as he is concerned.Yet according to Simon Hallett the board have not even discussed his January budget....strange times indeed at Plymouth Argyle.

Haven't discussed his budget!?! Argyle are about 6 months behind everyone else

Nov 30, 2010
Plympton
They haven't discussed his budget because there is NO budget !!!

End of. we are stuck with a 5h17 team and a 5h17 manager for the rest of the season and given our defence is non league standard I don't want to think about the outcome.

You know the #

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
The why's and wherefores of what happened today doesn't really matter, it's happened and talk won't change that. The telling part of that interview is that Derek said we have to strengthen in January and players will have to leave.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
GreenThing":gndz6fsy said:

That's a fair assessment by Adams and good to hear him praise Luton because he usually doesn't give credit to the opposition after a defeat.

Jun 2, 2016
We were outclassed. They were technically miles better.
If you are faced with better players you can counter it by getting physical, tracking and kicking/fouling. But we were so slow and out of position we couldn't.
Totally spanked.
By a club with similar crowds. Don't know about their budget.

Sep 3, 2009
the_corkscrew":2oes45pn said:
We were outclassed. They were technically miles better.
If you are faced with better players you can counter it by getting physical, tracking and kicking/fouling. But we were so slow and out of position we couldn't.
Totally spanked.
By a club with similar crowds. Don't know about their budget.

That's a really good, concise summary.

I would love to know what they've spent, on similar crowds...and why they could tempt our best defender away with a 3 year contract.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Luton were very good today. Their movement was incredibly good.

I honestly thought we were fortunate to go in at half time only 0-4 down.

Feb 2, 2007
PL2 3DQ":xw7qmchu said:
GreenThing":xw7qmchu said:

That's a fair assessment by Adams and good to hear him praise Luton because he usually doesn't give credit to the opposition after a defeat.

Yes- he's having to taste humble pie and show humility. Think he may as cancel his grocery orders as the humble pie will continue to be plentiful at this rate. :thumbs: