Adams press conference | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Adams press conference

Sep 20, 2003
it seemed to me that he was deliberately deflecting fro our performance by constantly praising Luton.

I wish he would come out all guns blazing and admit that it wasn't good enough and nor were/are the players.

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
Wozzer":2s6j5ywu said:
it seemed to me that he was deliberately deflecting fro our performance by constantly praising Luton.

I wish he would come out all guns blazing and admit that it wasn't good enough and nor were/are the players.
he did say we were poor.having a rant in public wouldn't be the right thing to do in my opinion.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Rush Goalie":37zesvws said:
the_corkscrew":37zesvws said:
We were outclassed. They were technically miles better.
If you are faced with better players you can counter it by getting physical, tracking and kicking/fouling. But we were so slow and out of position we couldn't.
Totally spanked.
By a club with similar crowds. Don't know about their budget.

That's a really good, concise summary.

I would love to know what they've spent, on similar crowds...and why they could tempt our best defender away with a 3 year contract.

Luton have received some good transfer fees recently including £1.2m for Vassell early last season.
It all helps.

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 30, 2004
And we have had some good FA Cup money...it all helps....

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
oddball":17ijs8al said:

I know I'm wasting my time answering you but that money went towards the refurbishment of the training pitches.

Aug 5, 2016
the_corkscrew":1r5h3uk4 said:
We were outclassed. They were technically miles better.
If you are faced with better players you can counter it by getting physical, tracking and kicking/fouling. But we were so slow and out of position we couldn't.
Totally spanked.
By a club with similar crowds. Don't know about their budget.

They have the budget to buy Jervis for £200,000, sit him on their bench in the division below, then send him to Wimbledon. When he was out of contract in five months and available for nothing. They bid £250,000 for Bradley at the same time in the same contract situation. In addition to giving these players pay rises, it's fair to say Luton's budget is superior to Argyle's.

Nov 30, 2010
Plympton
Luton are not that great and against how many others teams have they coasted to a 5 - 1 victory.

Doesn't matter how you dress it up we were really really really poor.

I hope DA has told the players so as well. It just isn't good enough and they need to pull their socks up or be binned in January

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 30, 2004
PL2 3DQ":m0zoranz said:
oddball":m0zoranz said:

I know I'm wasting my time answering you but that money went towards the refurbishment of the training pitches.

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 30, 2004
oddball":16h119oq said:
PL2 3DQ":16h119oq said:
[quotre="oddball"]And we have had some good FA Cup money...it all helps....

[/quote]
What over a million on training pitches. Pull the other one...

Mar 10, 2017
Ipplepen
Luton have a rich chairman who is throwing a lot of money into the club. Add that to a number of hefty transfer fees received ( including £5m sell on for jack Marriott) and it’s no wonder we can’t compete with them on budget.

Aug 5, 2005
It is wrong to link attendance with budget. Those days are long gone.

The chairman of Luton, David Wilkinson, used to run an oil and gas company. He and 4 other directors spent £12million of their own money to get Luton out of the Conference

A

andyr1963

PL2 3DQ":338abfev said:
oddball":338abfev said:

So how do you know that for sure? :sad: