Adams press conference | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Adams press conference

Jan 8, 2018
Saltash
oddball":doq6foku said:
oddball":doq6foku said:
PL2 3DQ":doq6foku said:
[quotre="oddball"]And we have had some good FA Cup money...it all helps....

I know I'm wasting my time answering you but that money went towards the refurbishment of the training pitches.
What over a million on training pitches. Pull the other one...[/quote]

We got £36,000 for progressing through to the second round!

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Kevb77":2pwa0seb said:
oddball":2pwa0seb said:
oddball":2pwa0seb said:
PL2 3DQ":2pwa0seb said:
[quotre="oddball"]And we have had some good FA Cup money...it all helps....

I know I'm wasting my time answering you but that money went towards the refurbishment of the training pitches.
What over a million on training pitches. Pull the other one...

We got £36,000 for progressing through to the second round![/quote]

It’s all going on the refurb. Any extra revenue gets swallowed up.

Maybe if Adams has the balls to ask for help he may well get it?

Or maybe his stubbornness will hold him back again

T

The Grumpy Loyal

Quizmike":kg1w4ckk said:
It is wrong to link attendance with budget. Those days are long gone.

The chairman of Luton, David Wilkinson, used to run an oil and gas company. He and 4 other directors spent £12million of their own money to get Luton out of the Conference

So if the general concencus is that this is a good thing to have these sort of people in the Boardroom, then the whole ethos of Argyle's Boardroom set-up under Brents tenure as Chairman surely has to be questioned?

Brent stated famously that he was "not looking for walleted Directors". Clearly this was at a time when he thought there was serious development profit to be had - and there was no way he wanted that potential profit to be diluted by lessening his shareholding. Obviously that all failed miserably for him and in recent times he's had to concede defeat as far as his ability to develop anything goes, and bring in Hallett to bail us out.

But the point is, if a different route had been taken and there had been a clear concise and targeted strategy to seek out the type of directors Luton now have, then we sure as hell would have a better chance of competing with clubs like Luton with their ramshackle ground and facilities.

Here's hoping Hallett can be the driving force to attract genuine additional Boardroom investment.

up the line

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
Forget Luton.
We apparently can't compete with the likes of Accrington Stanley, Wycombe, Walsall and Scunthorpe all of whom are holding their own above us.
Are they all throwing money at their squads too?! Or could it be that blaming the budget is an easy excuse for a poor manager who has royally messed up his budget by assembling a large, but inadequate squad including a number of players who don't fit his own system?

metroace

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Sep 8, 2011
Glenholt
samjones":1vakvoc3 said:
Luton are not that great and against how many others teams have they coasted to a 5 - 1 victory.

Did you watch the EFL programme on Quest last night? Did you hear them talk about Luton’s home stats? Did you hear them say that in the last 32 home matches, Luton have scored over 80 goals? And their unbeaten home run continues.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
It was explicitly stated by Martyn Starnes in a fan forum, that the FA Cup money was largely put to work fixing the infrastructural neglect that Home Park and Harper’s Park had seen in the last near decade. I suspect a bit of it also enabled that Spanish training camp that helped us get over the League 2 promotion line.

The training pitch work was a substantial task, and not hugely dissimilar to the £500k work on the Home Park pitch.

I feel as if the same people moaning about leaks and disrepair and ‘typical amateurish Argyle’ are the same fans claiming some sort of conspiracy that a million quid has somehow been funnelled away into back pockets. It hasn’t.

Feb 2, 2005
Cornwall
I wasn't at the game yesterday but...

His language says to me it is now and Him and Them and it's up to Them to fix it.

After a week off to put a shift like that in I would have to agree with him.

Sep 6, 2006
Ross":2zbsai2g said:

His language says to me it is now and Him and Them and it's up to Them to fix it.

'It's up to them to fix it'. Right so it's not his fault of course. What does he get paid for then?

Sep 6, 2006
PL2 3DQ":837mhwux said:
oddball":837mhwux said:
And we have had some good FA Cup money...it all helps....

You mean we train during the week?

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
andyr1963":3682023c said:
PL2 3DQ":3682023c said:
oddball":3682023c said:

So how do you know that for sure? :sad:

From the club and Adams ..... link

Jan 17, 2017
Bovey Tracey
PL2 3DQ":1zruz85o said:
andyr1963":1zruz85o said:
PL2 3DQ":1zruz85o said:
oddball":1zruz85o said:

So how do you know that for sure? :sad:

From the club and Adams ..... link

Don't let a good fact (and referenced link for proof) to get in the way of an excuse to drag up the Liverpool money AGAIN!

Let's all just accept that Brent took it and spent it on a new villa in Spain or something, then came up with the lies about the training pitches to make us think he didn't.

Have to admit, their way of hiding it by putting up a massive fake canvass over the entrance to make it look like they've done work is ingenious.

Aug 5, 2005
up_the_line":agi4eawo said:
Forget Luton.
We apparently can't compete with the likes of Accrington Stanley, Wycombe, Walsall and Scunthorpe all of whom are holding their own above us.
Are they all throwing money at their squads too?! Or could it be that blaming the budget is an easy excuse for a poor manager who has royally messed up his budget by assembling a large, but inadequate squad including a number of players who don't fit his own system?

Scunthorpe definitely. Their chairman is worth £340 million

Andy Holt at Accrington owns a company (Wham) with a £55 million turnover. When he bought them he wiped £1.2 million debts

The Walsall chairman is a lifelong fan who has basically spent all his money now and is actively trying to sell the club. In the meantime, the fans are getting on his back for not having any more money

Wycombe are owned by a fans trust and are doing very well to be here.

And a note on the Liverpool money. Some people think that this was going to be some ever lasting well of funding. Do people not realise that £1 million is nothing in football (or business) nowadays?

Feb 2, 2005
Cornwall
Balham_Green":26be8jdl said:
Ross":26be8jdl said:

'It's up to them to fix it'. Right so it's not his fault of course. What does he get paid for then?

As soon the players are on the pitch it's up to them to implement what he wants.

If we're 4-0 down at half time it would tell they weren't trying. Reading various reports would seem to back that up.

Effort will cover up mist flaws but if they aren't even trying what could anyone do?