New 'stuff' on Pasoti. | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

New 'stuff' on Pasoti.

Apr 15, 2004
East Devon
Ham Green":3m836o2w said:
Quintrell_Green":3m836o2w said:
Quizmike":3m836o2w said:
Just want to say that the thumbs proposal is not a great idea. There is a reason why the vast majority of sites don't allow negative feedback on posts - it just encourages outright negativity throughout. I think the only place that still does it is the comments section of the Daily Mail

I agree. There might be folk who post quite sincere opinions, who are sensitive souls. If they are given a load of thumbs down, they might never bother to post again. We should rejoice that they are Argyle supporters who happily follow this web-site. Please review

I'm not sure about this either. Reddit uses a similar system, where the top-voted comments rise and the most downvoted stuff essentially disappears. So it can be useful for filtering out those posts and posters who contribute little to the discussion, but people tend to use the downvote system for opinions that they merely disagree with, which isn't the point.

Perhaps a twitter-style "like" system would be better.
Glad I'm not the only one who thinks this is a really bad idea. PASOTI isn't Facebook - which is why I like it. Even the maddest view should be welcome (with the usual important caveats of not being offensive, insulting etc.)

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Ok ok, the thumbs idea is now scrapped.

Thanks for the feedback.

May 16, 2016
Too many changes and you may as well just migrate this Forum to Facebook. Thumbs, links and pics ? Good luck to the Mods.

Dont try to fix something that's not broken.

Liam Vercoe

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 27, 2010
If you're after suggestions Ian, is it possible to sort something where someone who's on your foe list doesn't show up when other people quote them?

Heathrow Green

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jul 12, 2011
An airport just outside London
IJN":2uhi6md4 said:
Ok ok, the thumbs idea is now scrapped.

Thanks for the feedback.

I would not throw the whole idea out of the window but would adjust it somewhat. Others have already mentioned the use of a "like" system, so there is no down-vote/thumbs-down/dislike function, you can either like a post or not.

This was something that I did when I implemented an idea gathering forum at work, posts and ideas could be liked but not disliked. The idea was to encourage users to post what they they thought was a good idea and to not be put off if other did not agree.

It seemed to work quite well.

Just a thought.

Mork

🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺
Oct 18, 2013
Forster NSW
IJN":2s5mqvpc said:
Ross":2s5mqvpc said:
Does any of it add any value to PASOTI?

I log on using my mobile so didn't even notice there was a countdown clock.

Can't see myself sharing anything on here on social media.

The thumbs/likes/reaction has already been discussed and I agree with them.

It seems like change for change sake when actually we've got a good thing going here already.

Nothing should stand still Ross.

You can already see someone is going mental over 10 minutes on a clock.

We will always strive to improve this site, some ideas will work, some might not. Did you ever see my snow. :greensmile:
I liked the snow

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Liam Vercoe":32ly1cn0 said:
If you're after suggestions Ian, is it possible to sort something where someone who's on your foe list doesn't show up when other people quote them?

That's very much on the request list Liam.

justanotherfan

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
This is what makes PASOTI head and shoulders above the rest, you listen! Well done Ian and the team.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Guiri Green":xmy9yg40 said:
Too many changes and you may as well just migrate this Forum to Facebook. Thumbs, links and pics ? Good luck to the Mods.

Don't try to fix something that's not broken.

Good luck with that GG, the bullying that goes on on Free Chat has reached epidemic proportions from what I've seen.

The campaign against Jon Back is reprehensible and should be jumped on by the 'Mods' (very loose term) but if anything they seem to promote it.

Apr 30, 2011
Quizmike":1d61e136 said:
Just want to say that the thumbs proposal is not a great idea. There is a reason why the vast majority of sites don't allow negative feedback on posts - it just encourages outright negativity throughout. I think the only place that still does it is the comments section of the Daily Mail

Thumbs down.

Absolutely think this is a great idea. We all post on here with the intention of getting a reaction or there would be absolutely no point posting. Having a thumbs down option is much less confrontational than having to call someone out over a comment they have made. Only a true snowflake could be really upset by getting a thumbs down. It will bring a new dimension to the forum and make it even more interactive. Great idea in my opinion.

dunlop

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 17, 2009
Thumbs up/down could have a negative effect on the advertising if there is a written reply particularly if it is a long thread you would most probably come back to read it 2/3 times if it’s just a hand signal you could do it in one hit.

L G

♣️ PACSA Member
✅ Evergreen
Feb 25, 2005
Lostwithiel, Capital of Cornwall.
IJN":3534jnfx said:
Guiri Green":3534jnfx said:

Don't try to fix something that's not broken.

Good luck with that GG, the bullying that goes on on Free Chat has reached epidemic proportions from what I've seen.

The campaign against Jon Back is reprehensible and should be jumped on by the 'Mods' (very loose term) but if anything they seem to promote it.
Then of course you get a shirt sponsor who likes to come onto social media to mock other supporters. I'm in the match programme whilst you just buy it was one thing he said last week. The bloke has been to 2 games all season but because he sponsors someone thinks he's head and shoulders above fans who are season ticket holders and go to manyour more matches