Reserves v Exeter (trialist Paul Anderson) | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Reserves v Exeter (trialist Paul Anderson)

Nov 22, 2006
JannerinCardiff":29jv3qat said:
PlymouthCasual":29jv3qat said:
Green Giant":29jv3qat said:
JannerinCardiff":29jv3qat said:
Greenarmy11":29jv3qat said:
It’s Paul Anderson recently released by Mansfield.

Not overly impressed by his CV. I’d rather we saved our money and spent it on someone else in the Summer.

We need another attacking player in now Joel Grant is out can't rely on just Carey and Lameiras if Adams decides he's the best option out there we can afford then support the lad but not impressed by his cv ? 6 years in the championship plus game time at this level in the 2 years after weeks alright to me let's not forget Mason has barely played any football last 18 months but people were creaming their pants at the thought of him signing

Having said all that might not even be Anderson and he may not be signing of he has a stinker today

I wouldn't say that anybody was creaming there pants but its not hard to see why a local lad who was recently released from a Premier League club excited certain fans slightly more than a 30 year old journeyman recently released from Mansfield.

Totally agree.

To the fickle eye Mason would seem a much better option than Anderson if you look at the facts though Anderson is as much as a journeyman as Mason could seen to be, Anderson has played for 7 different teams in a 12 year career Mason has played for 7 different clubs in a 10 year career both have had a decent stint playing first team football in the championship and Anderson has been as close to playing in the premiership as Mason has seen as he started his career at Liverpool

So my point is if it is him and we are interested in signing him to have as an extra option in the attacking third lets not dismiss him just because he's had a rough year in his career given so many were excited about the prospect of Mason coming back who has barely played any football in the last year either

Oct 17, 2011
Plymouth
A fairly non descript kind of a game. Some nice pieces of play from both sides, but little in the way of excitement or goalmouth action. Neither keeper was called on to make serious saves. The trialist did little to suggest he would be worth a contract.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
PlymouthCasual":25haioic said:
Green Giant":25haioic said:
JannerinCardiff":25haioic said:
Greenarmy11":25haioic said:
It’s Paul Anderson recently released by Mansfield.

Not overly impressed by his CV. I’d rather we saved our money and spent it on someone else in the Summer.

We need another attacking player in now Joel Grant is out can't rely on just Carey and Lameiras if Adams decides he's the best option out there we can afford then support the lad but not impressed by his cv ? 6 years in the championship plus game time at this level in the 2 years after weeks alright to me let's not forget Mason has barely played any football last 18 months but people were creaming their pants at the thought of him signing

Having said all that might not even be Anderson and he may not be signing of he has a stinker today

I wouldn't say that anybody was creaming there pants but its not hard to see why a local lad who was recently released from a Premier League club excited certain fans slightly more than a 30 year old journeyman recently released from Mansfield.

The OS report of the game makes no mention of trialist Anderson's performance. Given his experience at several levels one would have expected perhaps a mention, especially as he was out to impress for a contract. His plus points are that he would cost no fee and would likely be cheap as wages. He might be useful as cover in case of injury until the end of this season, but I expect Adams would want to compare his performance today against that of the young players already on Argyle's books that have come through their age groups.

Dec 23, 2010
Plymouth
Anderson was ok first half, with a couple of nice touches . But I think you could count the amount of times he touched the ball in the second half on one hand.

Forest of Dean Green

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Mar 5, 2009
Gloucestershire
Stags fans didn’t have a good word to say about him when he was released, if you read their forum. ‘On trial at Plymouth..... for impersonating a footballer’ kinda speaks volumes

Apr 29, 2016
I thought that Anderson did ok actually and i’d give him more time to prove himself. Granted more came down the other wing in the second half but not sure that you can blame him for that. Thought Lloyd Jones looked good. Speedy, came out of defence with the ball well and won everything in the air. Until he cramped up!

Wooton certainty struggled at times and made a couple of dodgy errors. Oscar never stopped running and that will have helped his fitness. Playing a full game today surely rules him out to start on Saturday though.

Can’t really compare Mason to Anderson though as they both may be “attackers” but are totally different positions and players.

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
Ainsworth not involved at all?

Not wanted I realise, but, surprised he wasn't given any playing time or is he injured?

Mark58

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Feb 19, 2018
Whoever the trialist is, I thought he had a good game - especially in the first half. He hugged the left-hand touchline and provided a target for a lot of deep, diagonal balls. His touch was excellent and he linked extremely well with his left back. There was certainly a confident maturity about him - but that would be the case if he has had the experience suggested on here.

In an overall good team performance, however, an honourable mention should go to the Number 4 - Adam Randell. That's the first time I've noticed him (although I might have seen him play in the Youth Cup run last season?) and I was very impressed. He played a similar role to Foxy and was miles ahead of his 18-years in terms of awareness, nous, maturity and confidence - AND he smacked a Carey-esque free kick against the upright in the second half. The next 'one to watch'?

999mattyg

✅ Evergreen
🚑 Steve Hooper
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 13, 2007
Launceston
Oscar never stopped running and that will have helped his fitness. Playing a full game today surely rules him out to start on Saturday though.

??
How'd you come to that conclusion?
Because you can't play a Tuesday match and then on Saturday??

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
To be fair matty, it would be unusual in the extreme for Adams to give a player 90 minutes in a reserve game AND play him in the league game 4 days later. Not saying he won't but it would be very unusual if he did.