Reserves v Exeter (trialist Paul Anderson) | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Reserves v Exeter (trialist Paul Anderson)

Larry David

✅ Evergreen
Apr 9, 2004
LA NY or Cuckfield
Normally would agree with Mark but Oscar is way back on games played, has he even played a full match this season? He desperately needs competitive game time to get up to speed, not saying he will start on Saturday by any means but if anything his lack of match fitness would be the issue rather than two games in a week.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
philmeboots":3cofyhvk said:
I thought that Anderson did ok actually and i’d give him more time to prove himself. Granted more came down the other wing in the second half but not sure that you can blame him for that. Thought Lloyd Jones looked good. Speedy, came out of defence with the ball well and won everything in the air. Until he cramped up!

Wooton certainty struggled at times and made a couple of dodgy errors. Oscar never stopped running and that will have helped his fitness. Playing a full game today surely rules him out to start on Saturday though.

Can’t really compare Mason to Anderson though as they both may be “attackers” but are totally different positions and players.

I see Lloyd Jones starting soon. I think he’s the best CB we currently have at the club.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Larry David":359n4rv7 said:
Normally would agree with Mark but Oscar is way back on games played, has he even played a full match this season? He desperately needs competitive game time to get up to speed, not saying he will start on Saturday by any means but if anything his lack of match fitness would be the issue rather than two games in a week.

To me Oscar looked pretty good at RB when he came on in the last game for ASB.

Jan 27, 2012
The Herald are reporting that 30 year-winger Paul Anderson who was recently released by Mansfield is on trial at the club.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Initial gut reaction... 30 year old that’s been released by Mansfield, underwhelmed.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
That name still registers to me as 'Liverpool wonderkid'. Didn't quite make it with them but still had a good career at the top end of the Championship before dropping down the leagues in the last couple of seasons.

Winger with pedigree and only 30, so makes complete sense as a short term deal to cover us in attacking positions.

Emu

Oct 3, 2003
Sarf London
Tugboat":3uzzc4mj said:
Initial gut reaction... 30 year old that’s been released by Mansfield, underwhelmed.

Toumani Diagouraga, a 30 year old released midfielder didn't turn out to be a too bad acquisition last season (while it lasted).

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
I wonder whether Adams' comments about signing Threlkeld to play in midfield are to soften the blow to Riley and Moore that they're not up to it. or cover his failures in that he's signed 2 full-backs who are yet to shine. Threlkeld is a far better right-back and it's a position that the player himself reckons is his best.

Can't see Lloyd Jones starting soon - maybe after a defeat.

Aug 17, 2005
Had some nice touches and layoffs yesterday. Liked how he dropped back to cover full back position when he went forward. Would like to see the trial continue to see how he links up after a few weeks training together

Jan 27, 2012
I didn't read the Exeter reserves thread before posting this - Anderson is discussed there so this is already old news it seems.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
gaspargomez":3nax3o9s said:
I didn't read the Exeter reserves thread before posting this - Anderson is discussed there so this is already old news it seems.

It's ok I've merged the threads.

Ted

Dec 8, 2003
Nottingham
I don't think he will add to the squad any more than one of the young lads. Would rather see more of Jephcott, Battle and so on particularly when we are safe.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Agreed. At least, if they don’t take their opportunity, it would be understandable if they were released.
Disappointed that Battle didn’t get a chance against Exeter yesterday.