Plymouth Argyle's new manager? | Page 92 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Plymouth Argyle's new manager?

Who do you want? New poll 25 May

• Ian Holloway

Votes: 114 50.0%
  • Graham Coughlan

Votes: 8 3.5%
  • Michael Flynn

Votes: 11 4.8%
  • Sol Campbell

Votes: 12 5.3%
  • Jocelyn Gourvennec

Votes: 25 11.0%
  • Keith Hill

Votes: 2 0.9%
  • Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Adam Sadler

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Gary Johnson

Votes: 2 0.9%
  • Warren Joyce

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Steve Cotterill

Votes: 3 1.3%
  • Someone else

Votes: 23 10.1%
  • Ryan Lowe

Votes: 26 11.4%

• Total voters

David Friio's mate

✅ Evergreen
Apr 8, 2019
edengreen":1127v3gd said:
For me Ryan Lowe has had more time than Theresa May to deliver Brexit in a footballing situation time to move on to someone who wants the job
HOLOWAY FOR ME

Holloway aside, I kind of agree with this.

Whether or not Lowe comes to Argyle, it does seem pretty clear that he doesn't really want it - we'll be his backup if the Bury situation forces him out.

I think I'd rather have someone for whom we were their first choice - I fear appointing someone who's heart isn't really in it would be potentially disastrous.

We need someone who's going to be all in (which ironically I think Holloway would be, this time). We need someone who's going to be able to sell the area to players, not someone who refuses to live within 150 miles of the city.

The amount of time it seems Lowe has had us on the hook is deeply alarming - I'd be saying to him sorry mate, we aren't going to wait forever, and moving on to someone else.

Rokerite

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Mar 18, 2019
Newport County have just lost to a single goal late in injury-time. Despite this I would still argue that Michael Flynn's achievements in his short managerial career are more impressive than Lowe's in his even shorter one.

Jul 29, 2010
Rokerite":9ycz5w58 said:
Newport County have just lost to a single goal late in injury-time. Despite this I would still argue that Michael Flynn's achievements in his short managerial career are more impressive than Lowe's in his even shorter one.
Irrespective, the football would be terrible to watch.

Tom Cobbley

Jam First
Aug 7, 2011
Oldham
The match was pretty dire, neither team looked great but we all know what happens to teams at Wembley. Nobody cares if you are the winning team. I was interested to see Lennie Lawrence giving Flynn advice on the touchline. I hope he doesn't come as well if Flynn is in the frame.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Tom Cobbley":a18ljej6 said:
The match was pretty dire, neither team looked great but we all know what happens to teams at Wembley. Nobody cares if you are the winning team. I was interested to see Lennie Lawrence giving Flynn advice on the touchline. I hope he doesn't come as well if Flynn is in the frame.

Why not Lennie?
Knows the club, knows the area, had some success.
Anyone who worked with Big Mal at HP can only be a positive for me after the Dadams Years!! :scarf:

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
i don't want lowe or flynn.they have both done well but i think flynn has an emotional attachment to newport and lowe has to bury.ryan lowe would be loathed down here after what he just said on tv

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
X Isle":7gwozz6z said:
Rokerite":7gwozz6z said:
Irrespective, the football would be terrible to watch.

Totally agree, Newport had a zero that’s zero) Goal diff in L2 and play unattractive football..

No thank you to Michael Flynn... it would be a grave mistake to appoint him.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Now that Lowe has just about said he doesn’t want the Argyle job, Can we have a new poll please? :thumbup:

Mar 23, 2008
Holloway looking unlikely as he's a free agent so surely we would have grabbed him by now if he was in the running, Lowe doesn't want to stoop to our level and both Hurst and Clarke settled at new clubs......looking more likely to be a curveball appointment. Maybe an ex player we haven't thought of? (non Argyle).

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
edengreen":18o076l5 said:
What has he said didn't watch?
this "I'm a league One manager, everybody wants to be at the highest level, and I hope to be managing in League One next season, but with Bury's trouble off the pitch, who knows, but I hope to stay"

Jul 19, 2006
Yorkshire
Steve Evans":rlokqxea said:
edengreen":rlokqxea said:
What has he said didn't watch?
this "I'm a league One manager, everybody wants to be at the highest level, and I hope to be managing in League One next season, but with Bury's trouble off the pitch, who knows, but I hope to stay"

Tme to move on then sounds like he will come if nothing better crops up we need to have a manager now all lay off teams will be starting before us at this rate
I still believe Clarke and Hurst should have been chased at the time

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
I've started a new poll, Lowe is still included.

The last poll:
Ian Holloway 45%.
Ryan Lowe 22%.

Feb 28, 2016
Pogleswoody":212qduma said:
Tom Cobbley":212qduma said:

Why not Lennie?
Knows the club, knows the area, had some success.
Anyone who worked with Big Mal at HP can only be a positive for me after the Dadams Years!! :scarf:

Also clearly wants to be here, he has applied for the job and been interviewed, numerous times, since last holding the position, most recently at the start of this decade. Would be a much welcome additional football brain. Would be an excellent addition. Not guaranteed he would bring him with him but with a board wanting a forward thinking manager, which reads to me as they don’t want someone like LL as manager, this could be the best chance of getting him in through the back door.