It's not just about results. | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

It's not just about results.

nikkk

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Feb 8, 2011
Our new majority shareholder .... Proud Plymothian and lifelong Argyle fan ..... on Radio Devon today ...

"It's not just about results"

Umm yes Simon, it's absolutely, 100% about the first team winning and nothing else to us mate.

justanotherfan

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
I`m with you nikkk.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
What else is it about then Simon? Because the performances are just as poor as the results.

Larry David

✅ Evergreen
Apr 9, 2004
LA NY or Cuckfield
Absolutely agree. Last time I looked we're not registered as a charity, so for all of you who wish we would be more benevolent or nice about Ryan or Yann for instance or forever grateful to Derek for getting us out of league 2, your wrong, I would guess and hope as proud men they would only want to be judged on results and performance.

They and several others are currently sadly lacking at the moment and if results don't improve pronto what I want to hear from Simon as custodian of my football club is that he is not willing to settle for consistently below par performance.

I'm betting though that as a successful businessman and passionate Argyle fan what he says in public and what he he says in private to his employees are two different things. At least I sincerely hope so otherwise I might become a bit cynical about his motives for becoming majority shareholder at the club I love.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
The refurb of the grandstand is needed and the money generated from the corporate and function areas is welcome and will drive the club forward but the core business of any football club is ..... err football!

We are about to enter a critical stage of the season with several games in a short space of time and the opening of the transfer window.
I hope the directors recognise we are a football club first and foremost and financially back Derek Adams in the transfer window.

The average attendance from the first 11 home games this season is higher than at the same stage last season and our highest since the Championship days, at the 11 game stage, so the fans have backed the club despite a struggling season so far.

The refurbished grandstand is for the future, in the here and now our football team needs help.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
hoovermelon":21tdpwc4 said:
loyal1970":21tdpwc4 said:
another plum in charge.
Lol

Made me chuckle

To be fair if Neil had Lansdowne he'd moan.

I'm trying to think of the last Chairman he had a good word about. Probably Ellis Stuttard. :wave:

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
nikkk":3fayndbn said:
Our new majority shareholder .... Proud Plymothian and lifelong Argyle fan ..... on Radio Devon today ...

"It's not just about results"

Umm yes Simon, it's absolutely, 100% about the first team winning and nothing else to us mate.

True Argyle fan apparently

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
IJN":flos2z97 said:
hoovermelon":flos2z97 said:
loyal1970":flos2z97 said:
another plum in charge.
Lol

Made me chuckle

To be fair if Neil had Lansdowne he'd moan.

I'm trying to think of the last Chairman he had a good word about. Probably Ellis Stuttard. :wave:

Chairman? Ellis filled lots of roles at Argyle but not that one.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
He certainly did. He was 'Chairman' when Tommy Tynan was bought from Newport.

Jan 28, 2005
I think Stuart Dawe was Chairman when Tommy Tynan was bought from Newport.

Burnley-born Ellis Stuttard was signed by Jack Tresadern just before the war and his football career was spoiled by the suspension of the league programme due to the Second World War years. After the war he played briefly for Torquay United. Twice manager, Ellis took Argyle to just about their highest league position in the early 1960s and persuaded the board to allow him to succeed Billy Bingham in the early 1970s. I thought of that time today at the game as Ellis signed Bradford City 'inside forward' Peter Middleton who scored on his Argyle debut v. Shrewsbury Town. I had seen Peter Middleton score for Bradford City in an evening game when we lost 4-2. There was a strong suspicion of handball but the goal stood.

On the Tuesday night before Argyle's next game, Peter Middleton had to go out to a phone box to call someone at Argyle to make travel arrangements. Crossing the road on the way home he was knocked down. Despite several tries he could not regain full fitness because of his back injury and had to retire from football. I won't go into the difficult personal circumstances here but sadly these and his inability to return to playing conspired against him and he sadly took his own life. Off message I know but I never forget his one Argyle appearance and goal at the Peverell End (which it was in those days).

Mar 23, 2008
Early days and have an open mind but the initial soundbites from Hallett are a concern. I like loyalty but its all about results and no one is above criticism.