It's not just about results. | Page 6 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

It's not just about results.

Oct 18, 2010
St Judes
up_the_line":19ia6nap said:
Ah so a good day out classes as football success. I get it now. In that case the pre season friendly at Tavistock qualifies as unmitigated success: great day out.

Seriously though, anyone who thinks that utter catastrophe at Wembley qualifies as success is beyond help. Getting to and remaining in the championship for the best part of a decade is success. But then because Adams says he's so successful so often enough schmucks believe it

Yeah but why do we expect automatic promotion though seems a bit arrogant? There's no reason why we should be getting into the automatic promotion spaces that's why I deem the Play offs as a success.

Sep 6, 2006
r4h4al":e24zzwf5 said:
Balham_Green":e24zzwf5 said:
r4h4al":e24zzwf5 said:
Of course it's a success especially as it only happens every 20 years.

Such low aspirations if you think missing out on automatics followed being outplayed at Wembley by a small team counts as success.

Not really because we're a small team ourselves probably a smaller team in reality, because Wimbledon have won the FA Cup and have a better history, and because of how good the day out was to me means it was a success.

You really are on a parallel universe if one of the most depressing days in Argyle's history was ' a good day out'. And suggesting we are a smaller club than the Wombles when we took twice the number of fans even though it was just up the road for them! Unbelievable.

Sep 6, 2006
r4h4al":hjfpjgs7 said:
up_the_line":hjfpjgs7 said:
Ah so a good day out classes as football success. I get it now. In that case the pre season friendly at Tavistock qualifies as unmitigated success: great day out.

Seriously though, anyone who thinks that utter catastrophe at Wembley qualifies as success is beyond help. Getting to and remaining in the championship for the best part of a decade is success. But then because Adams says he's so successful so often enough schmucks believe it

Yeah but why do we expect automatic promotion though seems a bit arrogant? There's no reason why we should be getting into the automatic promotion spaces that's why I deem the Play offs as a success.

Why we are even lucky to be in League 1 at all. And look we are not even bottom. That must be success to you.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
The grandstand and infrastructure of the club IS clearly more important to the club in the long term than short term football results. They’re the foundations for positive long term football results. But yes... badly worded and bad PR, which to be fair is understandable given his sudden shift into the spotlight and stated unfamiliarity with being the main spokesman at an organisation.

He clearly meant there’s so much going on behind the scenes that it’s not just results in and of themselves to consider. Can we cut him some slack?

May 8, 2011
Balham_Green":1p28n7fd said:
r4h4al":1p28n7fd said:
up_the_line":1p28n7fd said:

Why we are even lucky to be in League 1 at all. And look we are not even bottom. That must be success to you.

Every game we play is a success if you remember back to 2011.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
I agree, it’s old news. For me given our current predicament results ARE more important than the performance. We really can’t afford to get relegated this season.

May 1, 2011
HC Green":38twby0g said:
Balham_Green":38twby0g said:
r4h4al":38twby0g said:
up_the_line":38twby0g said:

Every game we play is a success if you remember back to 2011.

You cannot be for real.

May 1, 2011
r4h4al":hjcvlv8d said:
up_the_line":hjcvlv8d said:

I didn't expect automatic promotion in August. I did in January when we were 12 points clear. Therefore falling in the playoffs was clearly a failure and I bet you Adams knew that as well.