It's not just about results. | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

It's not just about results.

Sep 6, 2006
What concerns me is because he appears to get on very well with Mr Adams, goes out to dinner with him (and all that cr&p he talked about - don't know why we need to know) his judgement is clouded re the professional capabilities.
'Nero fiddled while Rome burned' seems very apt!

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
Dec 30, 2004
Paul Stapleton used to go out to dinner with Sturrock at Sheffield even though he was not our manager

May 3, 2016
Your lucky Neil you do not have to watch it every week, lot's of people around me today fed up watching carp, and I'm struggling to go after forty years of loyal service.
They have taken their eye off what really matters, results.
should have stuffed a poor Bradford team today, but let's face it you pay for what you get, and we have end of the road players who should be playing in the division below, I think next season they will be.
The chairman has said the new stand will generate income, this income will be ploughed into buying players, who will get us promoted, great but we will be relegated before we are promoted. funny:
Looking forward to the next chairman's blog, might mention league position, the need for new players, or could be grandstand coming on well, and Derek is doing a good job, and please call me Simon.
Wake up Mr Chairman it's all about "Results".

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
gru_mpy":9n469t0k said:
Are you sure IJN? I don't remember Stuttard ever being Chairman. When Tynan first signed wasn't Bloom chairman?

I've got it him in my head that he was a stand in whilst someone died.

Bobby Moncur told me that Ellis was with him when he signed Tommy.

Mind you I am so old now, I could have got it wrong. :greensmile:

Memory Man, Steve Dean help me out here, was Ellis ever stand in Chairman?

Jan 27, 2012
So far I have nothing but respect for Simon Hallett.

He's put some decent money into the club (unlike the people criticising him here) and has conducted himself well.

Give the bloke a chance for crying out loud !

Feb 2, 2007
I reckon the plan must be for Argyle to be MASSIVE. In the National League, we would undoubtedly be the BIGGEST CLUB and finally be able to settle all debates about being the BIGGEST CLUB IN THE DIVISION. Clearly this is what matters to fans, the media and now the board.

Everyone was frustrated by being in Pompey shadows in L2 and now in L1 we just canā€™t compete with Pompey, Bradford, Sunderland, Coventry and the like. So assesmble a disasterous muppet shower of EFL journeycrocks who are uncoachable, tie a Manager in to a ridiculously long contract, elevate his status to ā€œuntouchableā€ and then engineer a board of directors who can neither direct, chair or hold the football side of this shambolic operation accountable. They do know (hopefully) how to build an impressive new stand and when the in the National League we can occupy that reminiscent of Darlington as they closed the rest of the ground.

By the time we recover from this absolute poo shower of dross that the hard working, low earning people of Plymouth have to suffer, we wonā€™t just be in L2, we will be in the National League. A first for the club, a dream for the few, a nightmare for the many.

SORT IT OUT HALLETT.

May 22, 2006
He's bleddy right! It's not about results. It's about the players on the pitch trying their hardest and us fans having a good time. For the piffling sum of twenty English pounds (a nominal amount of money even at this time of year) we are permitted to watch twenty-two highly-trained footballists running around the pitch to entertain us for one and a half hours, and what do we do? We pour scorn on those professionals in a way that can only be described as yobbish. It's unseemly, oafish and truculent, and I WON'T HAVE IT.

What do we need with results when there's the midfield hacking the ball out of play to provide audience participation, the defenders lifting the ball high into the sky so that we all get to see it, and the strikers calmly and politely gifting the ball to the visitors so they can have their turn?

Why then do certain users of this site insist that we put the ball into the net more often than the visitors? It's not all about results. I for one applaud the players and staff of Plymouth Argyle Goofball Club and wish to distance myself from the uncouth BRUTES who wish to impose their bizarre notions of success on this fine institution.

Feb 2, 2007
Ham Green":cyw30m4q said:
He's bleddy right! It's not about results. It's about the players on the pitch trying their hardest and us fans having a good time. For the piffling sum of twenty English pounds (a nominal amount of money even at this time of year) we are permitted to watch twenty-two highly-trained footballists running around the pitch to entertain us for one and a half hours, and what do we do? We pour scorn on those professionals in a way that can only be described as yobbish. It's unseemly, oafish and truculent, and I WON'T HAVE IT.

What do we need with results when there's the midfield hacking the ball out of play to provide audience participation, the defenders lifting the ball high into the sky so that we all get to see it, and the strikers calmly and politely gifting the ball to the visitors so they can have their turn?

Why then do certain users of this site insist that we put the ball into the net more often than the visitors? It's not all about results. I for one applaud the players and staff of Plymouth Argyle Goofball Club and wish to distance myself from the uncouth BRUTES who wish to impose their bizarre notions of success on this fine institution.

I love the word ā€œtruculentā€. Truculent fools...

Oct 18, 2010
St Judes
Basically it's actually all about results. Success is achieved through the results, I can't see how else it can be achieved?

Jul 12, 2016
Wonder if Hallett will say the same if attendances drop and the financial results suffer?

May 8, 2011
I thought people didnā€™t like Adams as manager because Argyle played defensively and didnā€™t play attacking football so the football was boring.

Another day, another reason to have a moan.

Aug 21, 2008
Plymouth
HC Green":p8sq1cno said:
I thought people didnā€™t like Adams as manager because Argyle played defensively and didnā€™t play attacking football so the football was boring.

I can just about put up with the Adams "style" if it's combined with good results.

But the Adams "style" combined with cr@p results gives me no pleasure whatsoever.

Aug 5, 2016
PL2 3DQ":245cgg50 said:
The refurb of the grandstand is needed and the money generated from the corporate and function areas is welcome and will drive the club forward but the core business of any football club is ..... err football!

We are about to enter a critical stage of the season with several games in a short space of time and the opening of the transfer window.
I hope the directors recognise we are a football club first and foremost and financially back Derek Adams in the transfer window.

The average attendance from the first 11 home games this season is higher than at the same stage last season and our highest since the Championship days, at the 11 game stage, so the fans have backed the club despite a struggling season so far.

The refurbished grandstand is for the future, in the here and now our football team needs help.

We just need to stay up this season while we adjust to the changing off-field environment.

In five years time we will have settled to the new training facilities and a fully redeveloped Mayflower making increased off-pitch revenue. The manager's budget by then might be a lot more competitive than it currently is. Maybe then Adams, Brent and Hallett might receive some credit for the juggling act they have taken on, building and developing the club over their tenure and not just the first eleven.

May 1, 2011
HC Green":2s4dpel8 said:

Are you for real?

What exactly is your connection to Adams? Do you think you are friends with him? Why do you think you have inside knowledge to defend him with such vigour?

People are frustrated because we couldn't beat bottom of the league at home and we shipped in 3 comical goals. Anyone not hell bent on kissing Adam's arse could see this.