1 goal in 5 away from home | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

1 goal in 5 away from home

Apr 9, 2011
Justin":3twx39v2 said:
demportdave":3twx39v2 said:
davie nine":3twx39v2 said:
Justin":3twx39v2 said:
samjones":3twx39v2 said:
12th yet only 3 pts above drop zone :wtf:

This is going down to the last home game against scunny

I agree, although it depends partly on uswinning our 6 pointer with Doncaster.

Glad you’re optimisitic though Sam!
Perfect answer for Sam, Justin.
No it’s not Davie, it’s actually a very stupid and flippant answer.

We are in serious relegation trouble, by that I mean that if we were to lose to in-form Bristol Rovers we could be right down in the mire with games running out but with some very tough one still to play.

We have been in a relegation battle for virtually the whole of the season, yet some really stupid people are actually talking about the Play-offs, it would be laughable if our situation wasn’t so serious.

This thread highlights a major concern, 1 goal in our last 5 away games and today against a team on a poor run of form we can only muster 1 shot on goal; absolutely woeful.

Yet another example of Adams’s lack of tactical nous coupled with his trademark negativity and stubborness. The same team and the same failing tactics away from home, no imagination whatsoever. Get to half time at 0-0 and hope we might score from a set piece.

Once again, the fear of losing has cost us the chance of winning and we end up getting beaten anyway, something we have seen many times over the past 4 seasons.

The irony of you accusing of Adams of negativity is a joy to behold .

We suffer a rare defeat and you start panicking.

Having risen faster and further than any other team in 2 019, only the most negative among us should be going all jelly-legged.
So you are quite relaxed about our league position then :facepalm:

Sep 16, 2009
Bournemouth
Justin":3e6z1mv3 said:
demportdave":3e6z1mv3 said:
davie nine":3e6z1mv3 said:
Justin":3e6z1mv3 said:
samjones":3e6z1mv3 said:

We are in serious relegation trouble, by that I mean that if we were to lose to in-form Bristol Rovers we could be right down in the mire with games running out but with some very tough one still to play.

We have been in a relegation battle for virtually the whole of the season, yet some really stupid people are actually talking about the Play-offs, it would be laughable if our situation wasn’t so serious.

This thread highlights a major concern, 1 goal in our last 5 away games and today against a team on a poor run of form we can only muster 1 shot on goal; absolutely woeful.

Yet another example of Adams’s lack of tactical nous coupled with his trademark negativity and stubborness. The same team and the same failing tactics away from home, no imagination whatsoever. Get to half time at 0-0 and hope we might score from a set piece.

Once again, the fear of losing has cost us the chance of winning and we end up getting beaten anyway, something we have seen many times over the past 4 seasons.

Having risen faster and further than any other team in 2019, only the most negative among us should be going all jelly-legged.

Are you for real? We’ve lost 3 of our last 5 away games and are 3 points away from the bottom 4. You don’t have to be negative to be slightly concerned, especially given our record of finishing seasons poorly under Adams.

C

Charles Plym

People are overreacting...again!
Yes the gap is only three points but the real gap is 9 teams 9 teams below us that ALL have to do better than us over the final 8 games, possible? Absolutely, Likely? Not very .

May 16, 2016
phil-thefluter24":hguxiqbl said:
Justin":hguxiqbl said:
demportdave":hguxiqbl said:
davie nine":hguxiqbl said:
Justin":hguxiqbl said:
samjones":hguxiqbl said:

Having risen faster and further than any other team in 2 019, only the most negative among us should be going all jelly-legged.
So you are quite relaxed about our league position then :facepalm:

You mean after an away defeat has left us in the top half of the Table or that there's 8 Teams below us despite the 3 Point gap ?

It can all change quickly of course, but my money is on Wycombes freefall to keep us up.

Jul 12, 2016
Have to agree with Demportdave, with the upcoming fixtures particularly in April the 3 point gap could disappear rapidly.It is impossible to predict the relegation favourites because of how tight it is. This season could go to the wire and our form is so inconsistent that only the most optimistic fans can see us getting sufficient points for survival with 8 games to go.

Voice of Reason

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 30, 2004
That's the things with Stats they can be used in all kinds of ways. If we said 4 goals in 6 away games. 2 wins and a draw it doesn't sound too bad does it.

We aren't creating a great deal away from home but we aren't playing badly. Small margins are what we are talking. We had little or no luck at Wycombe. Probably lucky to get a point at Bradford. A poor decision may have scuppered us getting a point at Sunderland. Great performances at Southend and Posh.

Fans are always a jittery bunch. But right now I'm pretty confident we will have enough not to turn this into blind panic.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
demportdave":w0e6a2s7 said:
davie nine":w0e6a2s7 said:
Justin":w0e6a2s7 said:
samjones":w0e6a2s7 said:

For the record, demport, I believe that we have NO CHANCE WHATSOEVER of making the playoffs.
I was simply supporting Justin in his ‘dig’ at Sam Jones who is one of the serial posters who never has anything positive to say about the club he ‘supports’.
There are others, of course.

demportdave

🍌 Bomber Harris.
Jul 6, 2005
davie nine":1ec0be5g said:
demportdave":1ec0be5g said:
davie nine":1ec0be5g said:
Justin":1ec0be5g said:
samjones":1ec0be5g said:

For the record, demport, I believe that we have NO CHANCE WHATSOEVER of making the playoffs.
I was simply supporting Justin in his ‘dig’ at Sam Jones who is one of the serial posters who never has anything positive to say about the club he ‘supports’.
There are others, of course.
I never said you did believe that Davie.

However, like Justin and a number of others, you don’t appear to appreciate the seriousness of our situation. After the next 2 games we could be in the relegation zone with upcoming games against he likes of Charlton, Barnsley and Doncaster.

And don’t think the games against Bristol Rovers, Accrington, Gillingham and Scunthorpe will be easy either. We might be sleep walking into relegation without realising it. Someone from mid-table often gets relegated because they didn’t realise they were in danger until it was too late.

Let’s hope it’s not us this season.

Mar 16, 2009
London
The trouble is DD, your all-pervasive negativity can be infectious, and like a disease negativity can cause damage.

All this ‘could be’, ‘if we’, ‘might be’ talk. It’s all utterly meaningless, driven by fear and a lack of belief and courage.

Why should we lose our next 2 games?

We’re in the TOP HALF of the table with 8 games remaining.
So there are many teams with much more to worry about than us.

We have the 4th best home record in the league over the last 4 home games. Why not focus on the positives? Why the fear?

Aug 5, 2015
Yes it’s tight but look at the fixture list. In two weeks 8 of the teams below us play each other and 2 have to play teams in the top 5. I don’t think we’re sleepwalking into anything.

Jul 12, 2016
Justin, we are ONLY three points above the relegation teams. The fear is that today although we played our strongest team we lost to a team whose form has been poor.Looking at our remaining fixtures it is far from a foregone conclusion that we will get the necessary points required.

demportdave

🍌 Bomber Harris.
Jul 6, 2005
Justin":q8xpjtej said:
The trouble is DD, your all-pervasive negativity can be infectious, and like a disease negativity can cause damage.

All this ‘could be’, ‘if we’, ‘might be’ talk. It’s all utterly meaningless, driven by fear and a lack of belief and courage.

Why should we lose our next 2 games?

We’re in the TOP HALF of the table with 8 games remaining.
So there are many teams with much more to worry about than us.

We have the 4th best home record in the league over the last 4 home games. Why not focus on the positives? Why the fear?
I have not used the word fear, that’s your word.

What you inaccurately describe as negavitivty is just awareness of the seriousness of our situation. You are selectively using statistics to paint a better picture that is actually the case. Any team from 12th downwards could be relegated this season and that certainly includes us with our inconsistent performances and our inability to score goals away from home.

A month ago Wimbledon looked dead and buried but they have given themselves a real fighting chance. In a months time, it’s entirely possible that we could be in the top 10, but it’s also possible that we could be in the bottom 4. That is how precarious our situation is and I don’t know why you can’t see it.

The fact is we are in trouble whichever way you try to present it and if we were to lose again next week we will be in deep trouble. We may be 12th but with the narrow points difference, we are in the relegation mix regardless of whether or not you are prepared to admit it. The League Table doesn’t lie.

Out of interest, how do you suppose my supposed negativity will “cause damage”?

If I were to come out with a load of unsubstantiated positivity, would that mean we would go on a long unbeaten run; perhaps we would make the Play-offs.

“Could be”, “if we” and “ might be” can be applied both ways dependent on whether you glass is half-full or half-empty.

Needless to say, mine is half-empty as it has been for much of the last 4 years.

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
That was only our 3rd loss in 14 games. I'm confident that we've got enough about us to easily remain in this division.

demportdave

🍌 Bomber Harris.
Jul 6, 2005
driscollberg":5ue8cujk said:
No need to panic- when all is said and done- we are 12th still.
We are 12th in the table, which may look pretty good to some people.

However, we are only 3 points - or one result - above a relegation spot.

Panic? No.

Genuine cause for concern? Yes.