1 goal in 5 away from home | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

1 goal in 5 away from home

Sep 6, 2006
GreenThing":q85s808j said:
Balham_Green":q85s808j said:
GreenThing":q85s808j said:
We have to match the results of one of eight teams below us to be safe. I’m sure we will manage that.

Eh? How do you work that out??

We have 8 teams between us and the relegation zone. All of those 8 teams have to do better than us for us to be relegated. If only one team can’t do better than us then we’ll be safe.

What about the teams in the relegation zone?

Sep 6, 2006
Voice_of_Reason":3by5zqwt said:
I don't see any reason we won't get between 10-12 points from our remainder.
Balham if you can take you doom mongering persona to one side I did state at the very start stats can be picked to make anything positive or negative. That is my point.
If we are capable of 12 points from 8 games in fixtures that included Pompey, Luton, Sunderland and Posh. Why should our remaining fixtures give cause for concern. There are no easy games - Just look what doomed a month ago Wimbledon have done.
So far in 2019 we have been mainly decent. Defending much better and getting our share of results. We had some luck at Bradford but no luck at Wycombe or Sunderland.

Well I was at Wycombe and not sure how luck came in to it. We wete absolutely shocking first half and therefore deserved nothing for all their timewasting

Oct 18, 2010
St Judes
Cobi Budge":387lcjdh said:
Despite good general recent form that's a poor return.

Please start rotating Ladapo & Taylor.
Yeah I agree with that yesterday the game would have far suited Taylor. But Ladapo is one of those players Adams is stubborn with, like with Joel Grant and with trying to get Conor Grant in the team when it wasn't working and with that it took injuries to switch it about.

Also somebody like Mo Eisa or Joe Mason would've been good signings and good alternatives to Ladapo, so it's a shame they fell through. Next season we definately need another striker who can be an alternative to Ladapo.

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
Balham_Green":wnvk6rlr said:
GreenThing":wnvk6rlr said:
Balham_Green":wnvk6rlr said:
GreenThing":wnvk6rlr said:
We have to match the results of one of eight teams below us to be safe. I’m sure we will manage that.

We have 8 teams between us and the relegation zone. All of those 8 teams have to do better than us for us to be relegated. If only one team can’t do better than us then we’ll be safe.

Ok then, we have to match just one of 8 and have to be substantially worse than the other 3.

Oct 18, 2010
St Judes
Justin":o4xxykdb said:
The trouble is DD, your all-pervasive negativity can be infectious, and like a disease negativity can cause damage.

All this ‘could be’, ‘if we’, ‘might be’ talk. It’s all utterly meaningless, driven by fear and a lack of belief and courage.

Why should we lose our next 2 games?

We’re in the TOP HALF of the table with 8 games remaining.
So there are many teams with much more to worry about than us.

We have the 4th best home record in the league over the last 4 home games. Why not focus on the positives? Why the fear?
Exactly. I believe our home form will keep us mid table. Wycombe for example have much more to worry about than us, a touch of Karma maybe.

Aug 5, 2016
Balham_Green":33af3zix said:
Knibbsworth":33af3zix said:
demportdave":33af3zix said:
Justin":33af3zix said:
The trouble is DD, your all-pervasive negativity can be infectious, and like a disease negativity can cause damage.

All this ‘could be’, ‘if we’, ‘might be’ talk. It’s all utterly meaningless, driven by fear and a lack of belief and courage.

We have the 4th best home record in the league over the last 4 home games. Why not focus on the positives? Why the fear?
I have not used the word fear, that’s your word.

What you inaccurately describe as negavitivty is just awareness of the seriousness of our situation. You are selectively using statistics to paint a better picture that is actually the case. Any team from 12th downwards could be relegated this season and that certainly includes us with our inconsistent performances and our inability to score goals away from home.

A month ago Wimbledon looked dead and buried but they have given themselves a real fighting chance. In a months time, it’s entirely possible that we could be in the top 10, but it’s also possible that we could be in the bottom 4. That is how precarious our situation is and I don’t know why you can’t see it.

The fact is we are in trouble whichever way you try to present it and if we were to lose again next week we will be in deep trouble. We may be 12th but with the narrow points difference, we are in the relegation mix regardless of whether or not you are prepared to admit it. The League Table doesn’t lie.

Out of interest, how do you suppose my supposed negativity will “cause damage”?

If I were to come out with a load of unsubstantiated positivity, would that mean we would go on a long unbeaten run; perhaps we would make the Play-offs.

“Could be”, “if we” and “ might be” can be applied both ways dependent on whether you glass is half-full or half-empty.

Needless to say, mine is half-empty as it has been for much of the last 4 years.

What good is achieved by completely losing the plot like you then? Running around in a state of high anxiety like you haven't taken your pills. The fact is we are top half and 12 teams are not. We have lost 3 in 14, two away to promotion chasing sides. Our defence on the whole is performing, Ladapo is in the race for the league top scorer, Lameiras is purring. We are hardly up poo creek without a paddle. The three point buffer is considerable when 9 sides have to close it. It will probably take 3 more games before that is even a probability. Are we going to lose all of our remaining games? It would require a tailspin in form. All we have done is lost an away game in tricky conditions to a decent side. We move on. For the love of god get a grip. If the players go into the next game as nervous, negative and petrified as you we may indeed have no chance!

How is he 'losing the plot'? Ridiculous statement. All he said was being aware of the seriousness of the situation. 3 points clear is serious especially when we have stopped scoring goals and other teams have started picking up results. You like to be selective with your stats so that is 3 of last 4 games without a goal. The ONE goal scored in last 5 away was against 10 men. (And we have 2 of the most creative players in the Division(in Europe even!!!!! Ha).Whats the point in sticking your head in the sand and denying it?

I'm happy to have a bet we finish at least 3 points above the relegation zone. Are you doom and gloom merchants? It is such a precarious situation after all.

May 1, 2011
Justin":16c5req7 said:
demportdave":16c5req7 said:
davie nine":16c5req7 said:
Justin":16c5req7 said:
samjones":16c5req7 said:
12th yet only 3 pts above drop zone :wtf:

This is going down to the last home game against scunny

I agree, although it depends partly on uswinning our 6 pointer with Doncaster.

Glad you’re optimisitic though Sam!
Perfect answer for Sam, Justin.
No it’s not Davie, it’s actually a very stupid and flippant answer.

We are in serious relegation trouble, by that I mean that if we were to lose to in-form Bristol Rovers we could be right down in the mire with games running out but with some very tough one still to play.

We have been in a relegation battle for virtually the whole of the season, yet some really stupid people are actually talking about the Play-offs, it would be laughable if our situation wasn’t so serious.

This thread highlights a major concern, 1 goal in our last 5 away games and today against a team on a poor run of form we can only muster 1 shot on goal; absolutely woeful.

Yet another example of Adams’s lack of tactical nous coupled with his trademark negativity and stubborness. The same team and the same failing tactics away from home, no imagination whatsoever. Get to half time at 0-0 and hope we might score from a set piece.

Once again, the fear of losing has cost us the chance of winning and we end up getting beaten anyway, something we have seen many times over the past 4 seasons.

The irony of you accusing of Adams of negativity is a joy to behold .

We suffer a rare defeat and you start panicking.

Having risen faster and further than any other team in 2019, only the most negative among us should be going all jelly-legged.

Justin you're not positive, you're just not aware of the situation and you haven't been all season. We are 3 points off relegation, 12h place means sod all. It's almost meaningless with so many teams so close. I mean given the fact you think Ladapo is a 4 million striker it's not surprising that you fail to grasp that we are serious relegation battle. Having seen the poor away performances at Wycombe, Sunderland and Fleetwood where we can barely register a shot, serious fans understand there is still a real danger of getting relegated.

We have lost 3 of our last 5 away games, not sure how Saturday's defeat was rare. Perhaps you could explain.

May 1, 2011
Voice_of_Reason":2vhhpwaj said:
I don't see any reason we won't get between 10-12 points from our remainder.
Balham if you can take you doom mongering persona to one side I did state at the very start stats can be picked to make anything positive or negative. That is my point.
If we are capable of 12 points from 8 games in fixtures that included Pompey, Luton, Sunderland and Posh. Why should our remaining fixtures give cause for concern. There are no easy games - Just look what doomed a month ago Wimbledon have done.
So far in 2019 we have been mainly decent. Defending much better and getting our share of results. We had some luck at Bradford but no luck at Wycombe or Sunderland.

We were poor at Wycombe and Sunderland. Luck didn't come into it.

May 1, 2011
Knibbsworth":2vw1mdr6 said:
Balham_Green":2vw1mdr6 said:
Knibbsworth":2vw1mdr6 said:
demportdave":2vw1mdr6 said:
Justin":2vw1mdr6 said:

I have not used the word fear, that’s your word.

What you inaccurately describe as negavitivty is just awareness of the seriousness of our situation. You are selectively using statistics to paint a better picture that is actually the case. Any team from 12th downwards could be relegated this season and that certainly includes us with our inconsistent performances and our inability to score goals away from home.

A month ago Wimbledon looked dead and buried but they have given themselves a real fighting chance. In a months time, it’s entirely possible that we could be in the top 10, but it’s also possible that we could be in the bottom 4. That is how precarious our situation is and I don’t know why you can’t see it.

The fact is we are in trouble whichever way you try to present it and if we were to lose again next week we will be in deep trouble. We may be 12th but with the narrow points difference, we are in the relegation mix regardless of whether or not you are prepared to admit it. The League Table doesn’t lie.

Out of interest, how do you suppose my supposed negativity will “cause damage”?

If I were to come out with a load of unsubstantiated positivity, would that mean we would go on a long unbeaten run; perhaps we would make the Play-offs.

“Could be”, “if we” and “ might be” can be applied both ways dependent on whether you glass is half-full or half-empty.

Needless to say, mine is half-empty as it has been for much of the last 4 years.

What good is achieved by completely losing the plot like you then? Running around in a state of high anxiety like you haven't taken your pills. The fact is we are top half and 12 teams are not. We have lost 3 in 14, two away to promotion chasing sides. Our defence on the whole is performing, Ladapo is in the race for the league top scorer, Lameiras is purring. We are hardly up poo creek without a paddle. The three point buffer is considerable when 9 sides have to close it. It will probably take 3 more games before that is even a probability. Are we going to lose all of our remaining games? It would require a tailspin in form. All we have done is lost an away game in tricky conditions to a decent side. We move on. For the love of god get a grip. If the players go into the next game as nervous, negative and petrified as you we may indeed have no chance!

How is he 'losing the plot'? Ridiculous statement. All he said was being aware of the seriousness of the situation. 3 points clear is serious especially when we have stopped scoring goals and other teams have started picking up results. You like to be selective with your stats so that is 3 of last 4 games without a goal. The ONE goal scored in last 5 away was against 10 men. (And we have 2 of the most creative players in the Division(in Europe even!!!!! Ha).Whats the point in sticking your head in the sand and denying it?

I'm happy to have a bet we finish at least 3 points above the relegation zone. Are you doom and gloom merchants? It is such a precarious situation after all.

3 points above relegation, in your eyes would Adams still be exempt from any questioning or criticism lest we appear negative? Or is that a decent season?

Aug 5, 2016
The fact we are twelfth shows how competitive the division is. We do not have an outstanding budget at this level. And our main stand has been demolished which is the subject of major investment by the club.

So why don't you tell me why a recently promoted side like Argyle with budget constraints and other investment projects should be absolutely flying and why 12th isn't good enough? We are not Manchester United, Adams is not earning £150,000 a week and he isn't spending £100m on players, so unfortunately I don't share your outrage at being twelfth in the division. Or in expecting miracles from the manager.

Sep 6, 2006
Knibbsworth":1smjqtz2 said:
The fact we are twelfth shows how competitive the division is. We do not have an outstanding budget at this level. And our main stand has been demolished which is the subject of major investment by the club.

So why don't you tell me why a recently promoted side like Argyle with budget constraints and other investment projects should be absolutely flying and why 12th isn't good enough? We are not Manchester United, Adams is not earning £150,000 a week and he isn't spending £100m on players, so unfortunately I don't share your outrage at being twelfth in the division. Or in expecting miracles from the manager.

Your argument loses credibility when you talk about Man. U. What on earth has that got to do with it?

Sep 6, 2006
GreenThing":1xsniqt6 said:
Balham_Green":1xsniqt6 said:
Balham_Green":1xsniqt6 said:

Ok then, we have to match just one of 8 and have to be substantially worse than the other 3.

Hardly. Only 3 points worse.

May 1, 2011
Knibbsworth":32h8af6h said:

Who said anything about absolute flying?

Is any criticism of Adams allowed or his pre season preparation allowed or justified in your view?

justanotherfan

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
12th is a little misleading, if you look at points accrued, i.e. us on 45 then all those on 44 and go downwards in that manner, then we are 3 places above the relegation zone. I think a little concern is justified.