1 goal in 5 away from home | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

1 goal in 5 away from home

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
Balham_Green":2m1zpcaj said:
GreenThing":2m1zpcaj said:
We have to match the results of one of eight teams below us to be safe. I’m sure we will manage that.

Eh? How do you work that out??

We have 8 teams between us and the relegation zone. All of those 8 teams have to do better than us for us to be relegated. If only one team can’t do better than us then we’ll be safe.

What about the teams in the relegation zone?

Ok then, we have to match just one of 8 and have to be substantially worse than the other 3.

Hardly. Only 3 points worse.

Ok then, 8 out of 11 teams have to do better than us. Some of them will take points off each other and others will play to teams. We also have a head start over the bottom few. I think the odds are in our favour and the amount of teams below vastly improves our chances than the points gap show.

Jan 17, 2017
Bovey Tracey
It may only be 3 points but we're in the driving seat at the top of the pack.

As others have said we've only got to do better than 4 below us and it's very unlikely 3 of those at the bottom can expect to catch us, so really it's one relegation spot we're in risk of taking.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
All those wanting to see Taylor play away from home consider this... he has scored 1 league goal since the start of LAST season, and that was back in 2017.

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
JannerinCardiff":2e9ksnet said:
All those wanting to see Taylor play away from home consider this... he has scored 1 league goal since the start of LAST season, and that was back in 2017.

It's not so much the goals that come from that position alone but what comes from the whole team. Ladapo's first touch is relatively awful and he struggles to hold the ball up. Therefore the team is nearly always on the back-foot and Lameiras and Carey struggle to get into the game. Taylor, on the other hand, holds the ball up well and when he plays the team plays 20-30 yards further up the pitch. We increase our attacking options and our defence is under less pressure. Ladapo contributes goals as an individual but I believe there are a greater number of goals in the team when Taylor plays.

Aug 5, 2015
I agree there is no room for complacency. But blind panic doesn’t help either. If we beat Rovers and Scunny we stay up. Even if we don’t pick up a single point from any other of our games.

JannerinCardiff

♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Mark Pedlar":1a5imf14 said:
JannerinCardiff":1a5imf14 said:

It's not so much the goals that come from that position alone but what comes from the whole team. Ladapo's first touch is relatively awful and he struggles to hold the ball up. Therefore the team is nearly always on the back-foot and Lameiras and Carey struggle to get into the game. Taylor, on the other hand, holds the ball up well and when he plays the team plays 20-30 yards further up the pitch. We increase our attacking options and our defence is under less pressure. Ladapo contributes goals as an individual but I believe there are a greater number of goals in the team when Taylor plays.

I’ve done a quick bit of checking.. Taylor played in 10 away league games last season, we scored 12 goals in that time with only Charlton away that we failed to score away from home when Taylor played.

Maybe you’re right, we should be looking to start Taylor away from home and start Ladapo for home games?

Jul 6, 2005
JannerinCardiff":qa0838ho said:
Yet again, you completely miss the point.

The debate around Taylor is that the TEAM is better off with him on the field, regardless of whether he scores or he doesn't.

In games like Sunderland away, where you know you are going to be put under a lot of pressure, having Taylor could have made a big difference because of his ability to take the ball in and hold it up. With Lapado, it's like playing without a forward or kicking the ball against the wall, it just keeps coming straight back.

Even someone like you would have to acknowledge the key role he played over the second half of last season when we went on that great run, or did that pass by you as well.

It was widely agreed by most Argyle fans that with Taylor playing, Carey and Lameiras were much more effective. We were able to keep the ball in the opposition half, create chances and win games.

Taylor never scored many goals but he made a massive difference and when he got injured with 6 games to go, our Play-off hopes went down the pan and our season just pettered out in a wimper.

JannerinCardiff

♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
JannerinCardiff":1h4d0bf9 said:
Mark Pedlar":1h4d0bf9 said:
JannerinCardiff":1h4d0bf9 said:

I’ve done a quick bit of checking.. Taylor played in 10 away league games last season, we scored 12 goals in that time with only Charlton away that we failed to score away from home when Taylor played.

During league matches that Taylor took part in last season (21 matches) we accumulated 46 points, scoring 41 goals and conceding 22.

Given Ladapo scores for fun at Home Park It does seem that statistics to back up the arguement that we should consider starting Taylor away from home and start Ladapo for home games.. the only thing I would observe tho is that to me Taylor doesn’t appear as good this season when he has got on the pitch or maybe he just needs more game time?

Jul 12, 2016
Two wins against Bristol Rovers and Scunthorpe are unlikely to be enough.IMO we will draw with Bristol and as we all know we are really good at winning important games at the end of the season! Knibbsworth's comments lack credibility.I agree with Bristol Rich ,we are still in a precarious position.

JannerinCardiff

♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
oldage":2lgf9su8 said:
Two wins against Bristol Rovers and Scunthorpe are unlikely to be enough.IMO we will draw with Bristol and as we all know we are really good at winning important games at the end of the season! Knibbsworth's comments lack credibility.I agree with Bristol Rich ,we are still in a precarious position.

I think our position feels a bit false too.. I truly believe that if we beat Bristol Rovers we’ll be ok. We may only have 48 points at that stage but we will still be 12th and 9 teams have to over take us which I think would be unlikely.

Aug 5, 2016
oldage":2bpqgwdw said:

Why do my comments lack credibility? If you think we are bang in trouble then it says more about yourself and your nervous disposition. Tell me, using logic, statistics or form WHY the entire bottom half of the table will finish stronger than us because we lost one tricky away game in howling conditions? That is what you wrist splitters seem to collectively believe and project on these forums.

Jul 12, 2016
JannerinCardiff we have 45 points not 48.Knibbsworth,look at our remaining fixtures and tell me which ones you are confident we will win?

JannerinCardiff

♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
oldage":18ji1bb5 said:
JannerinCardiff we have 45 points not 48.Knibbsworth,look at our remaining fixtures and tell me which ones you are confident we will win?

Re-read my comment. I was referring to us if we beat Bristol Rovers.

Aug 5, 2015
Try The Fishy predictor Oldage. If we beat Rovers and Scunny and take no other points at all we will stay up. Sorry if that doesn’t match your agenda of negativity.

Jul 6, 2005
Knibbsworth":3dxh1bkt said:
oldage":3dxh1bkt said:

Why do my comments lack credibility? If you think we are bang in trouble then it says more about yourself and your nervous disposition. Tell me, using logic, statistics or form WHY the entire bottom half of the table will finish stronger than us because we lost one tricky away game in howling conditions? That is what you wrist splitters seem to collectively believe and project on these forums.
Do you think it's appropriate to compare football fans who are slightly concerned because their team is only 3 points above the relegation zone with people who are deeply depressed and may be contemplating suicide?

Perhaps you're the one who needs to get a grip.