1000 fans allowed this weekend! | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

1000 fans allowed this weekend!

Dec 3, 2005
I understood from the initial Argyle statement, when the Season Tickets went on sale, it would be a first come first served.

i.e. the first 1,000 ST Holders to purchase would be the first 1,000 to be offered the chance to go into Home Park, if and when allowed.

Stuart House

šŸŒ Bomber Harris.
Jan 8, 2006
Bristol
ealinggreen":hth2alu3 said:
no I don't. I actually doubt that allowing 4 thousand season ticket holders in is financially viable. The costs involved would be extensive. At the moment the club have that season ticket money with no costs, these are difficult financial times and Argyle need to protect the clubs future. I get that the players want to play in front of fans and supporters want to get in but it currently makes no financial sense at all.

Of course taking a customers money and not actually providing the service offered would be a great way to save money. If only other business had thought of that :doh:

Your theory is of course correct it would save money. But the notion is ridiculous and absurd.

C

Cult Of Personality

djg145":3a43bbmd said:
I understood from the initial Argyle statement, when the Season Tickets went on sale, it would be a first come first served.

i.e. the first 1,000 ST Holders to purchase would be the first 1,000 to be offered the chance to go into Home Park, if and when allowed.

What I recall was said. And as someone that was on the ball bright and early I would be angry if they did not use this system

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Oct 31, 2010
Cult Of Personality":1qlzhdub said:
djg145":1qlzhdub said:

What I recall was said. And as someone that was on the ball bright and early I would be angry if they did not use this system

Yep, that was the criteria set out by the club but because it will be a test event the club might want a mix of fans such as family groups, young, old and fans who usually go to a match on their own.
However, the season ticket holders who first signed up should still be among the different groups in that initial 1000 fans allowed in.
And because we might be selected in the second batch of test events the fans allowed in might increase to 2000+.

May 8, 2011
PL2 3DQ":3dvfwyiv said:
Cult Of Personality":3dvfwyiv said:
djg145":3dvfwyiv said:

Yep, that was the criteria set out by the club but because it will be a test event the club might want a mix of fans such as family groups, young, old and fans who usually go to a match on their own.
However, the season ticket holders who first signed up should still be among the different groups in that initial 1000 fans allowed in.
And because we might be selected in the second batch of test events the fans allowed in might increase to 2000+.

Probably corporate sponsors and Pioneers will get some priority over season ticket holders.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
The Pioneers paid for this season last season so theyā€™re bound to be in the first 1000 offered I would have thought. Whether the majority of them take the club up on the offer is a completely different story Iā€™d imagine.

May 8, 2011
PL2 3DQ":23ccotmv said:
Cult Of Personality":23ccotmv said:
djg145":23ccotmv said:

As far as I am aware nobody received a number when they bought the season ticket to indicate whether they were in the first thousand or two thousand etc, so if not selected by the Club to attend should a test event take place we wonā€™t know if we were eligible.
Also was there any indication that the policy of first come first serve would apply to test events?

Jan 17, 2017
Bovey Tracey
SatisfiedinSouthway":ptmhdelj said:
Balham_Green":ptmhdelj said:
I reckon it should be the 1,000 who live nearest the ground!

Itā€™d be nice to think that would be the case for the Man Utdā€™s and Liverpoolā€™s!

If that's the case for those 2, people would be having to travel from London to attend.

cheshiregreen

āœ… Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
PL2 3DQ":16bxlv0b said:
Cult Of Personality":16bxlv0b said:
djg145":16bxlv0b said:

Blackpool have identified their 1,000.

https://www.blackpoolfc.co.uk/news/2020 ... formation/

Jun 27, 2019
Hang on, a Lancashire-wide lockdown is about to be announced and they're letting 1,000 fans in at Blackpool?!

Meanwhile down in the south-west we've got a far lower number of infections and a big, modern stadium right in the middle of a huge park and yet we have to keep the gates locked. Madness.

cheshiregreen

āœ… Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
WoodsyGreen":2etgy5d5 said:
Hang on, a Lancashire-wide lockdown is about to be announced and they're letting 1,000 fans in at Blackpool?!

Meanwhile down in the south-west we've got a far lower number of infections and a big, modern stadium right in the middle of a huge park and yet we have to keep the gates locked. Madness.

Blackpool expected to be exempt from lockdown but rest of Lancashire will be subject to restrictions.