4 offers on the table for a striker | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

4 offers on the table for a striker

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
Quinny":2thoeb4h said:
Metal_Green_Mickey":2thoeb4h said:
Lambert's name mentioned again!! Just not sure what reality some fans are in, that say they support Argyle. It is way to expense for us to afford his wages. Even at the age of 35+.

I swear that some people must bury their head in the sand when supporting Argyle because your expections don't match up with the reality our club find themselves currently in.

And I'm sure Billericay fans weren't expecting their club to sign Jermaine Pennant this season. Even with a rich sugar-daddy bank-rolling their club, Pennant would have taken a massive cut in wages to play for them. Given the state of modern football, nothing surprises me anymore.
Probably hasn't taken that big a paycut. Billericay are throwing very large sums of money at players.

Dreamgreen

✅ Evergreen
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 28, 2004
Salisbury, Wiltshire
pedro91":36cau3tq said:
VerdeMax":36cau3tq said:
Frustrates me so much that teams like Peterborough time after time buy prolific non-league Strikers and then sell them on for good money. Why don't we ever do this??
Mariner!!!

Wow, don't get me going !

We never sold Mariner we gave him away in exchange for two herberts who were useless in comparison. One (Peddelty) got himself injured soon after arriving, never to surface again and Terry Austin couldn't hit a barn door with a banjo.

Jan 27, 2012
Garita has good potential but I don't think Argyle are in a position to be gambling on him. He had one or two excellent games last season and the rest of the time he was hopeless.

The Doctor

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
BTW, I wasn't particularly suggesting that we SHOULD sign Garita, just wondering if he might be one of the Gang of Four that the club are supposedly after. But I tend to think that he might be worth a punt.

Jul 11, 2006
tiverton
Quinny":3s9jzvyw said:
Metal_Green_Mickey":3s9jzvyw said:
Lambert's name mentioned again!! Just not sure what reality some fans are in, that say they support Argyle. It is way to expense for us to afford his wages. Even at the age of 35+.

I swear that some people must bury their head in the sand when supporting Argyle because your expections don't match up with the reality our club find themselves currently in.

And I'm sure Billericay fans weren't expecting their club to sign Jermaine Pennant this season. Even with a rich sugar-daddy bank-rolling their club, Pennant would have taken a massive cut in wages to play for them. Given the state of modern football, nothing surprises me anymore.

Pennant is on around £3000 a week at Billericay Town, so is Konchesky and a few other of their former premier league players

Nov 18, 2011
Argy1e":3p8cej80 said:
Quinny":3p8cej80 said:
Metal_Green_Mickey":3p8cej80 said:

Probably hasn't taken that big a paycut. Billericay are throwing very large sums of money at players.

Pennant is being paid over £3,000 a week which we wouldn't be able to afford. Billericay's wage bill is over £30,000 a week which is insane at that level.

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
Euanargyle":rokux8wx said:
The Doctor":rokux8wx said:
I wonder whether one of the four might be last year's Young Player of the Season, Paul Arnold Garita. Bristol City have signed a Senegalese striker for £5.3m and are reported to be interested in Isaac Vassell for £1m+. It's hard to see how Garita fits in there, Adams knows all about him, he'd fit straight in etc. Or is he injured?
Please god no

Hold the phone!

Isaac Vassell whom we let go for nothing is now potentially worth £1m+. Don't let anyone say we don't produce the talent. We just never benefit from it.

Nov 30, 2010
Plympton
Green Giant":aiha6dfd said:
samjones":aiha6dfd said:
Sounds like desperation now, but I can confirm I'm not 1 of the 4 made an offer as yet

Thank Christ for that, the last thing we need is some idiot who doesn't even seem to understand the game playing upfront, thanks for putting all our minds at rest bud

You're a JOLLY Green Giant :doh:

Jul 29, 2012
Vassell is a bit galling . With us until comparatively recently.Joined a local club .Did well but we didn't resign .Physically he looks to have really developed and in addition to his pace and power appears to have learnt to finish.

Jul 28, 2017
Why the continued mention of former players, some good and some not so good, returning?

Surprised no-one has mentioned a return for "Chick" Norris yet!

I would not be surprised if Adams is looking north of the border or even abroad for a striker.

Dreamgreen":2ejix46g said:
pedro91":2ejix46g said:
VerdeMax":2ejix46g said:
Frustrates me so much that teams like Peterborough time after time buy prolific non-league Strikers and then sell them on for good money. Why don't we ever do this??
Mariner!!!

Wow, don't get me going !

We never sold Mariner we gave him away in exchange for two herberts who were useless in comparison. One (Peddelty) got himself injured soon after arriving, never to surface again and Terry Austin couldn't hit a barn door with a banjo.
I thought we got £200k for him, we certainly picked him up for a song from Chorley.

pafcprogs

🌟 Pasoti Laureate 🌟
Apr 3, 2008
Westerham Kent
The deal for mariner was valued st £220k and Pederlty and Austin were valued at£70k reducing the cash Ipswich paid

peddelty fractured his skull and became a referee I believe

Austin never really did much. I remember him in the Far Post for a Player event and he was chuffing away through a pack of Rothmans!

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Argyle old boys :wave:

Sep 6, 2006
pafcprogs":27qc5n2j said:
The deal for mariner was valued st £220k and Pederlty and Austin were valued at£70k reducing the cash Ipswich paid

peddelty fractured his skull and became a referee I believe

Austin never really did much. I remember him in the Far Post for a Player event and he was chuffing away through a pack of Rothmans!

Think Peddelty had fractured skull before we signed him! Marshall not a bad Non League signing too!