500/1 for top 6 finish | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

500/1 for top 6 finish

Jan 6, 2004
I have put various max bets on top half with Skybet as odds have been far too long compared other teams for a couple of weeks now, some at 16/1 some at 14/1 (it was still at 14/1 after last nights result before coming down to 9/1 this morning). Should win about 3k if we finish top half, but will cash out one of the bets if and when it is high enough to cover total outlay.

A

andyr1963

IF you believe Argyle are off on a MASSIVE winning streak and capable of making up 14 points and 20+ goals within 17 games then go ahead back them to make the Top 6 :think:
Oh and if any of the TEN clubs directly above also go on a decent run then we will not catch them. 500 /1 No thanks. 50,000 /1 might entice a fiver from me. :greensmile:

Keep it small, keep it simple, a top half finish is still available at 10 / 1

https://www.oddschecker.com/football/en ... n-top-half

A mere 5 points and 11 goals away.

My advice to the deranged, sell all your possessions, house and all and put all the proceeds on a top half finish. :thumbs:

Heathrow Green

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jul 12, 2011
An airport just outside London
I stuck a fiver on a top 6 finish at 66/1 on sky bet earlier in the season.

I've stuck a couple of quid on the 500/1 offering as well.

If they make me even a half decent cash-out off on the either I'll probably take it.

Apr 15, 2004
East Devon
Apologies to those who dislike gambling threads on the main board (like X-isle) but if you have a spare tenner I’d go for Coventry to finish top six at 20-1 rather than Argyle top half at half that price right now. Must say I’m feeling optimistic having put £20 on us at 15-1 earlier in the season then when we lost I lobbed another £20 at 18-1 …… but told myself not to throw good money after bad when just before our recent 4-game we were 30-1 for top half :doh: …… only 4 games ago !!!

Advice please?

I’m new to this betting lark, other than the occasional flutter on the Grand National down the bookies.
I put some money on Argyle finishing in the top half prior to the game last Saturday at 20/1, with Paddy Power. I have every intention of leaving it there but I don't appear to have the option of 'cashout'. Could it be because it includes the free bet of £20, meaning I get £20 back if we don't make it, or did I make an error with the original bet?

Cheers PB.

Aug 8, 2013
Worcester
To be fair I got on the top 6 finish at 500/1 this morning, not because it's a bet that will ever win, but because the odds were daft and if we continue to get ourselves away from the relegation zone then the cash out is guaranteed to improve. In fact the fiver I put on this morning is already available for a cash out of £15+. So that's a tenner gained without a ball being kicked.

Aug 5, 2005
Marco_Polo":3jfdan8t said:
Advice please?

I’m new to this betting lark, other than the occasional flutter on the Grand National down the bookies.
I put some money on Argyle finishing in the top half prior to the game last Saturday at 20/1, with Paddy Power. I have every intention of leaving it there but I don't appear to have the option of 'cashout'. Could it be because it includes the free bet of £20, meaning I get £20 back if we don't make it, or did I make an error with the original bet?

Cheers PB.

You've done nothing wrong.

Bookies do not offer cash outs on all bets. For some reason, Paddy Power aren't offering cash outs on top 6 / top half bets, but they are on promotion / relegation (I've also bet with Paddy Power)

Jul 29, 2006
Bridgend
Quizmike":113i61cs said:
Marco_Polo":113i61cs said:
Advice please?

Cheers PB.

You've done nothing wrong.

Bookies do not offer cash outs on all bets. For some reason, Paddy Power aren't offering cash outs on top 6 / top half bets, but they are on promotion / relegation (I've also bet with Paddy Power)

You also can't cash out if the cash out return is lower than the free bet stake, but as Quizmike stated paddy power aren't offering a cash out on this market for some reason. I'm also unable to cash out on my bet for us to win the league but that's because there is no plausible return on it.

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Top 6 now down from 500/1 to 150/1 with Skybet.

AdelaideGreen

🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺
Jan 11, 2017
To anyone who has backed an Argyle top 6 finish, or even better, an automatic promotion....

Would you be interested in buying a Brunel Tamar rail bidge, going at a ridiculous price???

Please don't bet your families future on outlandish outcomes. I'll be very very happy if we end up mid table!!

Apr 5, 2008
Wow big drop in the odds despite no game lol A lot of Argyle fans must have had a flutter yesterday..To make the playoffs was 750/1 yesterday morning after the win against Walsall the price I got, now its down to 200/1 and offered cash out profit already

Big price drop on top 6 finish as was mentioned earlier and cash out on that too

Are sky panicking or something!

Dunkeld Green

✅ Evergreen
Jan 4, 2006
Inver, Dunkeld
Skybet have now pushed the odds out to 500-1 from this morning.....but they have put a cap on the amount I can place never seen this before. Although I did get in before the Southend match when we were 1000-1 and put £15 on and a £5 free bet.
So the same as last season once and if it gets to enough for next seasons season ticket time to cash in

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Pastybasher":358oesco said:
Skybet have now pushed the odds out to 500-1 from this morning.....but they have put a cap on the amount I can place never seen this before. Although I did get in before the Southend match when we were 1000-1 and put £15 on and a £5 free bet.
So the same as last season once and if it gets to enough for next seasons season ticket time to cash in
250/1 at the moment.

Dunkeld Green

✅ Evergreen
Jan 4, 2006
Inver, Dunkeld
Skybet are all over the place at the moment, could it be a lot of people putting money on Argyle at these massive odds and then cashing out for a quick return, a £10 bet 15 minutes ago would have made a quick £8.96 profit. Do that a few times every time the odds go out you are only playing with their money.

Aug 4, 2011
Pastybasher":dj5bic30 said:
Skybet are all over the place at the moment, could it be a lot of people putting money on Argyle at these massive odds and then cashing out for a quick return, a £10 bet 15 minutes ago would have made a quick £8.96 profit. Do that a few times every time the odds go out you are only playing with their money.
and they’ll gub your account within hours